NAF Logo
leftstar May 28, 2024 - 09:44 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Inside every Troll, ders a lil gobo trying da get out. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LycosOffline
Post subject: OGRE/MINO & throwing team mates  PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:00 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
This is a bit of a petty rules question I guess but I am thinking of taking Halfings to the spikey, so reading up about TTM. But I have noticed something that's started to bug me and I must be missing something.

LRB 3.0, page 26 - TTM-the player can only throw someone who has the right stuff.
page 37 - TTM, Racial, cannot be learned EVER.
Page 36 - Right Stuff- racial, cant be learned again.
ok, I get all that.

so, back to Big guys on page 25. I read that both the Mino and the Ogre have TTM in thier skills, but what gets me is that neither can play for a team that has any Right Stuff players? Seeing as you can never learn RS, why does the Mino and the Ogre have the TTM skill then?

Am I being thick here? Can someone tell me what I'm not getting!! It's not that important I know but I just cant see it!!

Reply with quote Back to top
RichPOPOLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:31 PM

it's not the Mino, it's the troll that have TTM... and they can play with the goblins team, the halflings team and the Orcs team . Smile

kwailungOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:46 PM

All I can add is that the experimental Ogre team allows Ogres to play with Goblins. And I believe it may be written that way to accomodate some of the other Star Players, like Morg'N'Thorg, who can play for a wider variety of teams than their race would normally allow.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:46 PM

Canada
I'm sorry to correct my good friend richPopol, but Minos do have TTM : they can be used on Chaos teams. Chaos teams can alos hire Nobbla Blackwart and Scrappa Sorehead, two goblin starplayers who have the Right Stuff skill. But remember that Minos are Always Hungry when doing so...

But otherwise, TTm on a mino is useless.

Fred

kwailungOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:49 PM

RichPOPOL wrote:
it's not the Mino, it's the troll that have TTM... and they can play with the goblins team, the halflings team and the Orcs team . Smile

Sorry guy, but check your LRB 3.0, page 25 under "Big Guys." Minotaurs have Throw Team-mate as a racial characteristic.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 01:02 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Morg will also play for the Goblin team for double cost and can throw them.

Galak

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 03:27 PM

Undisclosed
      RichPOPOL wrote:

I hate to be a pain, but I don't think that 'Flings can have a troll. If they can...I'll have to rethink my roster for the DeathBowl! Orc

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 27, 2004 - 03:35 PM

KarlLagerbottom wrote:
I hate to be a pain, but I don't think that 'Flings can have a troll. If they can...I'll have to rethink my roster for the DeathBowl! Orc

Keep dreamin' sticky-bun boy. Smile

westonwyseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2004 - 06:19 PM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned yet that Ogres formerly could play on Gobbo teams (and I think Halfling teams, but I could be wrong there). And then there was LRB 3.0, which leaves Goblins on Ogre teams, but not vice-versa. So it's probably just a throwback.

Dumb rule change if ever I saw one. No available Big Guys for Dwarf teams, indeed. Evil or Very Mad

"Us Dwarves may be short, but I prefer to think of myself as 'in weapons range of your groin.'"

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2004 - 07:36 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

westonwyse wrote:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned yet that Ogres formerly could play on Gobbo teams (and I think Halfling teams, but I could be wrong there). And then there was LRB 3.0, which leaves Goblins on Ogre teams, but not vice-versa. So it's probably just a throwback.

Dumb rule change if ever I saw one. No available Big Guys for Dwarf teams, indeed. Evil or Very Mad

Hmm, where to begin...?

Well in the Living Rulebook 2 Ogres could be thaken by the following teams: Chaos, Dwarf, Goblin, Halfling, Human, Norse, Orc

Before that (when the first new models for the Ogre team came out) they could play for ANY team.

Of course then there was the arguement that went along the lines of:

'Well if an Ogre can throw a player that weighs 100lbs then why can't a Troll/Mino/Treeman" etc and so for a time all big guys were given TTM to keep pedantic people happy.

It's a bit silly but them anybody arguing 'seriously' about the semantics of a fantasy football game could be considered a bit more than silly so it's not really worth the bother.

*Back on topic* Suffice to say that it does not help your halfling team Lycos as you can't have a big guy that is agile enough to throw your players anyway... Wink

224th at The World Cup II

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 05, 2004 - 09:37 PM

dwarfcoach wrote:
Before that (when the first new models for the Ogre team came out) they could play for ANY team.

Rookie ogres have never been available to all races. Morg was once, but rookie ogres no.

Quote:
'Well if an Ogre can throw a player that weighs 100lbs then why can't a Troll/Mino/Treeman" etc and so for a time all big guys were given TTM to keep pedantic people happy.

All big guys that have TTM now had it when rookie big guys first appeared somewhere around 1996.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 - 05:48 AM

Canada
      dwarfcoach wrote:

Are you referring to the current range of ogre models or ones from the previous edition?

If you are referring to the ones from this edition I would have to agree with Zombie that they were not available to all teams. In previous editions of BB they may have been, but I would have to do some digging to be sure.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 - 02:58 PM

Undisclosed
      CyberHare wrote:
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:

Keep dreamin' sticky-bun boy. Smile

I don't know...that Troll IS always hungry, and no one cooks-up them vittels like the 'Flings. Smile

Besides...if you're going to eat a team mate, would you rather it be a slimy,skinny greenskin, or a succulent, plump, meaty 'Fling. Mmmmm...

If I were a Troll I know who I would play for! Orc
-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic