NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 05:23 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Got Block? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Passing Sequence Question...
YES
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
NO
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

BloodBowlCommishOffline
Post subject: Passing Sequence Poll - Please read and vote for me - thanks  PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 09:02 AM

Ok, on the topic of the throw sequence, taking emotions out of this, tell me this, either yes or no, not a long winded answer, but a simple yes or no...do you agree with the way the throw sequence currently is:

(1) Declare Pass Action
(2) Measure to Target
(3) Roll to Intercept
(4) Roll to Pass
(5) Roll to Catch

or should it be the following:

(1) Declare Pass Action
(2) Measure to Target
(4) Roll to Pass
(3) Roll to Intercept
(5) Roll to Catch

YES
Although the throw sequence is a game mechanic, it is broken and should be changed as a whoel instead of written off as simply 'house rule it'. By answering yes I admit that the sequence is a game mechanic but does need to be changed instead of house ruled.

NO
The throw sequence is a game mechanice. As such it is broken and you shoudl just deal with it. By answering no I admit that the sequence is broken but I do not care enough to change it. If you want to change it, house rule it and be doen with it.

Neither answer is based on statistics. There is a posibility of -23 modifer to a single pass attempt. This was worked out by someone else, not me, but is based on a single situtation. Situations change. Each roll of the die is a new situation based on luck, not statistics. Dice are never goign to be statistical devices unless you can guarantee that each time they are rolled the hand applies the same force, in teh same direction, and tehy bounce the same way. Just please look at the question and answer based on your individual knowledge. If you want to comemnt further, I am all about listeing to opinions.

Thanks
BloodBowlCommish
aka The Rob Reiner in Diego

Last edited by BloodBowlCommish on Feb 05, 2004 - 10:53 AM; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 09:17 AM

yes, i agree with it. leave it the way it is. there is absolutely NOTHING "broken" with it.

Free the West Memphis 3!
http://www.wm3.org

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 11:36 AM

England
1) Keep it the way it is.

2) Your paragraph starting "Neither answer is based on statistics" is total rubbish.

3) The way you have phrased the question is misleading. The first question you ask, "do you agree with the way the throw sequence currently is", demands a different answer to your poll answers as defined later in the text. Most people wanting to keep things the way they are will instinctively answer yes, thus voting for the wrong answer Florida style.

4) It's not broken.

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 11:56 AM

ok, once again i find that i need to read an entire post before i vote in a poll.

as mordredd pointed out, your openeing question is VERY misleading. and your answers to your question are not only wrong but present the situation as YOU AND YOU ALONE see it. not one person who thinks it's fine the way it is will "admit that the sequence is broken" because it isn't. your perspective comes across as one who didn't get their way and is now going to throw a tantrem and insult the intelligence of those who don't agree with them.

grow up and change one vote from yes to no.

Free the West Memphis 3!

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 11:58 AM

Undisclosed
Hey, hey, Mordredd, take it easy on the Florida reference! Smile

First most of us got it right, only a couple of precincts in South Florida blew it! And if the Scrub Prez hadn't had his little brother in the Guv's seat... oh never mind, I don't want to get started!

And I agree - it's not broken!

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 12:16 PM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
And I agree - it's not broken!

well then make sure you disagree on the poll...

Rolling Eyes

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 12:21 PM

Germany
I didn't vote just because the way the answers are set I can't agree with any of them.

I don't think it's broken, but I think it just doesn't make sense (see different post). I like the fact that it allows you to get more Interceptions, but that's about it. I can live with the way it is right now, but wouldn't mind if they change it in sequence, but I'm against making it even more difficult if they cahnge it to something where they differentiate accurate and inaccurate passes to be intercepted or not.

Therefore: I sustain!

On a side note:
Taking about Florida...I lived there when it happened...and I had a blast laughing about it......and this year will be the same way with the only difference that they use electronic machines, which don't work 100%

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 12:27 PM

Tojurub wrote:
Therefore: I sustain!

i think you mean abstain...but i digress Mr. Green

i understand that you don't think it makes sense but it doesn't have to. does it actually make sense that orcs and trolls and goblins play football? does it actually make sense that the skill safe throw makes you go, "oh guess what, you didn't actually intercept that pass after all?"
it's a game, not reality. there are lots of things about this game that "don't make sense" but that doesn't stop those things from being fun parts of the game.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 01:16 PM

Am I the only one who understood this to be a joke? (A slightly nasty joke, but a joke nonetheless.)

Anyway, I wish to register a complaint! I want an option for "receiver rolls first," since it's obvious that the receiver is always open before you throw the pass Smile

-Chet

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 01:49 PM

how about we just forgo any rolls and passes are automatically accurate, caught, and ran in for a touchdown. Cool

Free the West Memphis 3!

BloodBowlCommishOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 02:11 PM

yep, chet, it was meant as a joke...see, I have been playign this game for over 10 years, ask a question, and then get told deal with it. Ok, so is that the way change happens? We shoudl all read an entire question before votign on a poll, or is it jsut that the opinions of a few will never be heard, I house rule it myself, jsut curious as to why you all seem to say in one post it is a game mechanic, don't touch it, when if you get down to it, everything in teh LRB is a game mechanic. You need to know it all and use it all to play the game, hence, game mechanic. Rule = mechanic = this = that...

Sorry if this has offended anyone, it isnt a tenper tantrum either...just remember, this is a game, changes will occur, jsut not the one propesed here...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 03:14 PM

If this changed, next year's poll would say, "This is silly, everything was fine the way it was before. Do you AGREE with this statement or DISAGREE that this statement is false?" Smile

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 03:54 PM

I refuse to answer this poll because it is too slanted towards one opinion. Write one that's unbiased and i'll put my vote in.

crazylegsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 04:08 PM

I'm against changing it, I think it's fine the way it is now... and it's not just a game mechanic. Maybe it's just because I'm from Chicago, but a person throwing a football doesn't have to throw it accurately (or, in the case of certain Chicago QBs, anuwhere near) to the receiver for a defender to make a play on it... The defender makes a play on the passing lane, and goes to where the ball is... if you picture it that way (which is how I always have) then the order is fine:

1) say where your thrower is trying to throw.
2) see if a defender makes a play on the ball
3) if it gets past the defender, see if the throw is accurate enough
to be caught by your WR
4) see if the receiver can hold onto the ball (this only occurs on
a 6+ in Chicago)

AramilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 05, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Undisclosed
In Italy we normally throw the ball and, after seeing if it's a fumble or not, we throw for the interception...

Honestly I was surprised when I saw in Amsterdam that it was different... and it seems a bit silly to me... but these are the rules and I accept it... and in fact in my league we play now follwing the rule.
But I personally prefer th sequence
    Throw the pass
    Attempt the interception
    Attempt the catch

Just my personal opinion... Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic