NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 04, 2024 - 03:16 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Elfheim Eagles in doping scandal. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Standing up - Is it an action?  PostPosted: Nov 21, 2004 - 07:08 PM

Undisclosed
After briefly looking at the Rules Review, and playing 'Flings in a tourney this weekend, I am left with a question...is standing up considered an action?

The 'Flings are obviously impacted by the new "on-field" version of Take Root, and I am still undecided if this is better or worse than the old TR for the 'Flings. This weekend I was playing that having a Treeman stand-up was considered an action, and as such necessitated a "Take Root" roll prior to the 4+ roll for standing up. This often resulted in the Tree taking extended naps as two rolls are now required to get them back into action.

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance. ???Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2004 - 07:28 PM

Standing up is not an action, but must be done as part of an action. Actions in Blood Bowl are block, move, blitz, pass, hand off and foul. All of them can include standing up (but jump up is required to do it during a block action).

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 08:30 AM

Undisclosed
Ok...I'll buy that. I guess since it takes movement to stand then it counts as a "Movement Action"

The secondary question here is if a treeman is prone and rolls a 1 for his "Take Root" roll...can he still roll the 4+ roll to stand? I guess what I'm asking here is, can he fail the TR roll, still be able to stand, and be rooted to the spot where he stands?

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 08:50 AM

England
I think the answer is yes he can still roll a 4+ to stand. The rules just say that a player with less than MA3 requires a 4+ roll to stand, which is still the case for the Treeman after he has been reduced to MA0 for failing his take root roll.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 09:17 AM

Undisclosed
Cool Beans...thats good to know. Having to pass both rolls to even stand could effectively take them out of the game for an entire drive. A smart opposing coach would very likely make sure that that drive would last the rest of the half. (Then it's really 'Fling bashing time. Smile )

-Rob

Overall I think that this is an improvement of TR for the Flings...even if I were to get unlucky and have both Take Root on the first turn, having them on the pitch for the first half is better than the possibility of being completely treeless for the First Half of a match. Knowing now that even if they fail their TR roll from the ground they are'nt neccessarily stuck in a prone position helps.

NAF Member #5236
---

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 10:09 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Mordredd wrote:
I think the answer is yes he can still roll a 4+ to stand. The rules just say that a player with less than MA3 requires a 4+ roll to stand, which is still the case for the Treeman after he has been reduced to MA0 for failing his take root roll.

Just to confirm that this is accurate.

Galak

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 10:22 AM

United States of America
just like i explained it to you at the tourney rob Smile

if you fail the take root roll while standing up....you just can't move anymore the rest of the drive. you still get to try and stand up

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 22, 2004 - 10:26 AM

Undisclosed
Ken-
As always you are right on the money. I just wanted to confirm with the likes of Mr. Starscraper.

Thanks Tom. (And Ken, and Mordredd, and...yes...AND Zombie.) Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic