NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 08:04 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Double skulls.. and no re-roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: GenCon Bowl 2005 - Indianapolis,IN,USA - Aug. 19-20,2005  PostPosted: Feb 19, 2005 - 06:19 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Jervis Johnson is attending this year.

If you want to met the creator of the game and play in the largest tournament in North America 2 years running ... hop over to Indianapolis, Indiana, USA for the GenCon Bowl.

All the details for the tournament are now posted at: http://www.blood-bowl.net/GenCon/GenCon.html

3 games on day one and 2 games on day 2 ... swiss style.

Jim is going to help with T-shirts again and I promise this time to plug his assistance on my website.

Everyone attending and playing all 5 games will receive a Jurgen Demonfeeder limited edition figure from the Chaos Cup 2004.

Schedule:
Friday August 19th
Register teams: 8am - 9am
Game 1: 9am - 11am
Break: 11:00am - 11:30am
Game 2: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Lunch/Dealer Room Break: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Game 3: 3:30pm - 5:30pm

Saturday August 20th
Game 4: 8am to 10am
Break: 10am - 10:30am
Game 5: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Break: 12:30pm - 1pm
Awards: 1pm - 1:15pm

Galak[/b]

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on Apr 15, 2005 - 06:00 AM; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2005 - 07:43 AM

Ok, I know this may sound stupid, but I never attended this event before (or a tourney held during a Con), I presume I would have to register for the Con to get into the BB tourney, but do I also have to register for the BB tourney as well (and if so, do I have to pay a fee for both or does the GenCon fee cover the BB tourney)?

XeterogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2005 - 08:49 AM

Texas
yes to both questions. GenCon is a 4 day con, but you can buy a badge just for Friday and Saturday (when the Tourney is). It's a great con, and I'd recommend going all 4 days if you can..there is alot to see and do..even if you just go by the 'Event' hall (a huge dealers room really).

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2005 - 01:22 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

A pre-registered 4 day badge to GenCon is $60 USD ... if you just want to register for Friday and Saturday of the tournament the badge cost is $46 if you pre-register. And really I cannot stress enough how important it will be to pre-register for the Con and the Tournament. Unless you are coming down for the events on Thursday and getting your badge onsite that Thursday evening, I doubt there will be time to get a badge onsite Friday morning and still make the tournament. You can try it but it might be taking a definite risk. At a minimum if you are going to get an onsite badge instead of pre-registering ... go over the night before when you arrive and get a badge for Friday and Saturday on Thursday night which is allowed and actually should allow you to avoid the lines.

The Blood Bowl tournament costs an additional $12.50 to play in. GenCon takes $7.50 of this as a space charge ($1.50 per a 2 hour game played) and the other $5.00 goes to help cover the cost of the trophies, prizes, photocopies, etc. (Just as a footnote, the GenCon Bowl normally costs me about $300 a year to run above the $5 a head I get to help out with my costs ... just in case you were wondering ... and this year I need to pay for JJ's plane ticket on top of my normal expenses).

And Torg ... I think I don't you are correct that this is new to you. You used to go the Underworld Cup that John ran right. Well it was the same thing ... you had a fee to register for U-Con and then there was a entry fee for John's Blood Bowl tournament. So this is the same exact structure ... just on a scale about 100 times larger for the Con. U-Con had about 20 dealers ... GenCon has about 250.

Galak

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on Feb 22, 2005 - 12:47 PM; edited 1 time in total

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Are you running that little tourney of yours again this year Wink

SIGH....I suppose I could get my butt down to Indiana again this year to save your event Tom... but these massive gaming conventions with no wife or kids for 5 days are really starting to take a toll. Mr. Green

Seriously though I wouldn't miss it and I will once again gladly be your lowly whipping boy. Now do I bring the tried and true Amazons or do I break out the Ogres and cause some undue pain as the odd man out. Decissions decissions....

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2005 - 12:19 AM

Don't know who you're thinking of Galak, but I've never been to the Underworld Cup, only ever been to the BB in Notts last May.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2005 - 12:46 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Torg wrote:
Don't know who you're thinking of Galak, but I've never been to the Underworld Cup, only ever been to the BB in Notts last May.

My apologies Torg ... for some reason I was sure you had been to Underworld ... many sorries.

Retract all those statements then ... mistaken identity.

Oh and CyberHare ... look forward to seeing you again.

Galak

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2005 - 02:56 PM

United States of America
Sticky me please...

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2005 - 08:00 PM

I have been getting some *convincing* from my mates at The Challenge of Q'ermitt to go to this tourney (CyberHare, etc.). Since I LOVE football, and I am a HUGE Buffalo Bills fan (paint colours of my human team), I said that I would consider going IF there was a pre-season game at the Indy stadium that weekend -- ESPECIALLY if it was the Bills! (What would be the million to one chance...?)

I checked the NFL site (the REAL one, boys!) and the Bills DO play Indy at their stadium.... just not THAT weekend! Sad

However, there is a Chicago game...!...

"Ohhhh, what I'm gonna do to you...." Ren Hoek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2005 - 11:10 AM

Undisclosed
      garth wrote:
I have been getting some *convincing* from my mates at The Challenge of Q'ermitt to go to this tourney (CyberHare, etc.). Since I LOVE football, and I am a HUGE Buffalo Bills fan (paint colours of my human team), I said that I would consider going IF there was a pre-season game at the Indy stadium that weekend -- ESPECIALLY if it was the Bills! (What would be the million to one chance...?)

I checked the NFL site (the REAL one, boys!) and the Bills DO play Indy at their stadium.... just not THAT weekend! Sad

However, there is a Chicago game...!...

So does that mean that BOTH Buffalo theme teams are going to choke and lose in Indy that weekend? Laughing

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2005 - 11:28 AM

Da_Scum wrote:
So does that mean that BOTH Buffalo theme teams are going to choke and lose in Indy that weekend? Laughing

You didn't read my post correctly. The REAL Buffalo team will lose to Indy the week BEFORE my BB Buffalo team loses at GenCon... Wink

"Ohhhh, what I'm gonna do to you...." Ren Hoek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2005 - 01:14 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I'll be there, now when playing with a hangover at the Gen Con both days, do I want to lose all day with my Lizardmen or my Skaven?

Rod.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Da_ScumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2005 - 01:58 PM

Undisclosed
      garth wrote:
      Da_Scum wrote:

You didn't read my post correctly. The REAL Buffalo team will lose to Indy the week BEFORE my BB Buffalo team loses at GenCon... Wink

So you're aiming for consistancy then? Laughing

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2005 - 03:13 PM

Undisclosed
      Melifaxis wrote:
Sticky me please...

YUCK! Talk about famous last words...

NAF Member #5236
---

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2005 - 03:15 PM

Clan-Skaven wrote:
I'll be there, now when playing with a hangover at the Gen Con both days, do I want to lose all day with my Lizardmen or my Skaven?

Rod.

Don't play with a hangover. Just do what I do and don't sober up. Sure, you're tired but the games aren't all that exciting anyway. Nap while your opponent is taking 10 minutes to move his first guy and you'll be all charged back up for that evening.

Works for me.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic