NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 01, 2024 - 01:45 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Skull! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SputnikOffline
Post subject: What will happen to the undead rankings in October??  PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 12:33 AM

Well, the title says it all.

Since J.J. more or less confirmed that the undead will be replaced in October...

-will the undead rankings be excised totally and deleted??

-will they stay as a fixed list but not be in the overall ranking anymore?

-will they stay in the overall rankings as they are now?

Sputnik

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 07:43 AM
Da Warboss

England
Unofficially, as in this isn't the voice of the NAF, I think they'll probably stay on for at least another year or two. I still think it's unlikely that the undead will be removed fully until all the new vampire/necro etc. teams are finished with the new models released. Until they are upgraded from experimental status then the Undead is the official one.

After the undead are phased out, it still might be the case that they are left in - perhaps the NAF will recognise the fact that opinions on the Undead split are divided 50/50 into each camp and will maintain an umbrella Undead ranking after they are dropped for the NAF tournaments that don't use the new ones?

NAF #60

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 08:47 AM

I've heard some BRRC members say that the undead will stick around for a while. Babs was farily vocal about it on this thread. http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4630

-Oscar Wilde

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 10:04 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Reading that thread Babs was saying that in his tourneys undead will continue to be allowed even if they are no longer official. I can see quite a few tourneys doing this - Undead were official and a well balanced team. Why exclude them just because GW want to sell more minis?

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2003 - 10:23 AM
Former President

England
Stolen shamelessly from TBB, and posted last October:
      neoliminal wrote:
      cidervampire wrote:
What will happen if/when the undead team is replaced with Necro and Khemri teams. Will I be able to transfer by undead rating to one of these?
If I play games using Khemri or Necro teams before they become official can I use the results towards my NAF Undead rating. Just wanting to clear this up before the situation comes up

Cheers

Geoff

Only official teams are tracked. Right now the only official undead team is the Undead team. If that team is ever retired from the rolls, then so would your CR for that team. Khemri and Necro teams are different rosters and so would have different CR's associated with them.

You could, for example, be a great Undead coach, but not be very good at Khemri (or vice-versa).

So the rule is very simple. If the team is official, then we track CR for it. If it's not official we don't.

Personal opinion: I guess there's a case for leaving the existing Undead rankings in place in the overall list (maybe for a certain period of time?) but do we really want unchangable rankings contained in the overall list a couple of years down the line? Certainly we should preserve the existing Undead rankings for the history books, but personally I'm not sure that tracking unofficial teams (for whatever reason) is a road we should be going down.
Look at it this way, if and when they become unofficial and we cease tracking them, your existing Undead rank could be set in stone. Forever. Wink

BabsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 - 04:48 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Hey - can I quote myself??? Smile

Seriously, As long as there are Undead teams playing in tournaments which are NAF, then the rankings for those teams will continue to be a part of the NAF ranking system.

Besides all that, I think it most unlikely that the Undead will be 'revoked' come October. Some serious playtesting and revision needs to happen to the 'experimental' khemri, necromantic and vamipiric teams before any of those will become official.

Washed up old has been.
Ex-official GW Blood Bowl Rules Committee member
Ex-NAF Tournament Organiser, Australasia
Co-Author of the Feudball first novel.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 - 06:58 AM

Quote:

Babs: Hey - can I quote myself???

Please, don't let me stop you... Wink

-Oscar Wilde

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic