NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 08:21 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gobbos: The other green meat. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Digital Camera Recomedations  PostPosted: Nov 28, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Undisclosed
Folks...anyone have a suggestion on digital cameras that are worth looking at for shooting Minis?

I know that a high megapixels and a macro setting/lens are important, but what other features or companies should I be looking at.

My dabbling at PhotoSchool way-back-when means that Nikon is a name that I can trust...but I don't really know. (Ya Know? Smile )

Any comments welcome.

Thanks. -Rob

EDIT: Mel...the only WoodenSpoon related comments allowed here are suggestions on what camera will capture the glory of my vaunted collection. Smile

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 - 04:29 PM

England
When I went into my local camera shop a few years ago and showed them what I wanted to photograph they instantly said that a Nikon was about the only really good option for a compact digital in the not so expensive range. It takes great close up photos of even my epic minis and I've been really happy with it for all my general photography too. I got a Coolpix 4300 which was a really good price at the time (RRP £250, special offer £100) but I haven't seen one since.

Best thing to do I think is to take some minis into a shop and play around with a good range. See if you can get them to print out some samples so that you can see how they come out (I did) and then pick the one you like most from your price range.

juck101Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 30, 2005 - 04:44 PM

England
This week I met a camera op for a demo of some new kit for work. Not that this is anything to do with your question but I learnt a great eye is better than any bit of kit you can buy... similar a good painter can paint with crap paint.

Kit I would say some lights and a background are just as important as the camera. Get a decent lens and get plenty of light on that sucker. Probably a Nikon is a good call, but any camera with a nice close up lens. A really good check at the white balance on a pc is a good idea as the colour of figs is really hard to get spot on. (just look at the black base in most photos)

ebay body is a possibilty and get a nice new lens.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic