NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 07:16 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KwekOffline
Post subject: Really Stupid  PostPosted: Dec 13, 2005 - 03:18 PM

Okay people,

I had a big arguement last night during a game in the finals. And I want to ask the question to you guys because the toughts were devided abouth it.

A Troll has the really stupid roll:

Question 1: Does the Really stupid roll work exactly the same as "Boneheads" but with the diffrence that you need to put a player next to the player for the +2 benefit?

Question 2: Can a Troll stand up even when he doesnt succeed his Really stupid roll?

Question 3: Is standing up a part of an action... Because standing up is not considered to be an action... but in my vieuw its a part of a move or a blitz. If the answer on this question is Yes, the second question is answered also.

My opponent thinks he could stand up his troll by just paying the 3 squares but without rolling for it. After he stands up he rolls for the Really stupid roll. I beleve this isnt right, In my opinion the troll doesnt even stands up if the roll fails.

Plz give me an answer Smile because it was 3 against my opinion, and 2 in favour.

Thx
kwèk

Reply with quote Back to top
XeterogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2005 - 03:34 PM

Texas
1) Yes. Just like Bonehead, but 4+ unless you have a player adjacent then it's 2+

2) No. If you fail RS roll you can not do anything (and you lose your TZ).

3) Standing up is part of an Action, and if you can't perform an action, you can't stand up. (You can't stand up in a pass block move because pass block is not an action, for example).

Now for some rules to back me up:

Really stupid on page 26 of the LRB4
      Quote:
On roll of 1-3 they stand around trying to remember what it is they???re meant to be doing. The player can???t do anything for the turn, and the player???s team loses the declared action for that turn (so if aReally Stupid player declares a Blitz and rolls a 1, then the team
cannot declare another Blitz that turn).

page 12 in the LRB under Knockdowns & injuries states that:
      Quote:
While prone the player loses his tackle zone and
may do nothing except stand up at a cost of three squares of his
movement when he next takes an action.

This clearly shows that you have to take an action to stand up (anything but a block action) and that you lose your declared action if you fail your RS roll...since you lost your action, you can not stand up.

[/code]

KwekOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 13, 2005 - 04:53 PM

Just as I said Smile

* sweet *

OldManDracoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 14, 2005 - 02:44 AM

The only way you can make an arguement about this is the word stand. Nittpickers might say. The troll is not standing so is not stupid and will stand up automatically. When he stands he rolls to see if he is stupid.
So if you read the rule strictly you could indeed think that a prone troll is not standing so does not fall under the really stupid roll.

Now I know that that is not meant by standing, but it is what is written, so I can understand the confusion.

Maybe use a different word than "stand" in the rules?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic