NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 11:57 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BahkaraOffline
Post subject: Blood Bowl RTT at Gateway 2003!  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2003 - 01:30 PM

The Blood Bowl RTT will take place at the Gateway 2003 Gaming Convention this Labor Day Weekend(Saturday, August 30th). Please note that this tourney is RTT APPROVED!!!!!

The awards provided will be the following:
1 Champion T-Shirt
Overall, Best Sportsman, Best Painted, and Highest Rating Certificates
Additional prize for Overall Champion, TBD

The general rules for the Rogue Trader Tournament are straightforward. You must use the same Team for each game. Models will earn skills and advances each round as per the normal rules. Models must be painted Citadel Miniatures. The Blood Bowl Living Rulebook must be used. Furthermore, contestants should know that Rogue Trader Tournaments are for fun, and that poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated in any way.

1) The tournament will be Saturday, August 30th and start at 4pm.
2) You must pay the entrance fee for the convention in order to play($19 for the day. Check www.strategicon.net for more details)
3) The first 8 - 16 people to register will be eligible to enter their Blood Bowl team in the Tournament. Email me at gw_socal@yahoo.com with any questions and to register. Please indicate what team you will be using.
4) You must create a team using the rules found in the Blood Bowl Living Rulebook or Blood Bowl Annual with 1,000,000gp to start.
5) The team must be made up of Citadel, Marauder, Fanatic or Forge World miniatures. You must use models that are representative of the team. Models must appear on their appropriate base size.
6) What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). If a model is armed with an item, it must be shown on the figure. After the first game you may get some new items, or mutations. These need not be modeled, as there is not sufficient time to convert and paint new models between rounds. However, you must let your opponent be aware at the beginning of each game very clearly what models are not WYSIWYG.
7) Every model must be painted (they must contain at least 3 colors to count). Just priming them black or white is not going to cut it.
Cool You must bring all materials needed to play including: dice, measuring device, templates, models, and any rules that you will be using. I will have playing fields(old and new) but you are more than welcome to bring your own "Home Field".
9) Blood Bowl Annual rules clarifications and Q&A appearing in White Dwarf are in use.
10) Each Player may only be awarded MVP once in the tournament. You may choose who will receive the MVP award after each game.
11) The 4 minute rule WILL BE IN EFFECT!!! I will have timers but you are welcome to bring your own.
12) Lastly, KEEP IT COOL! If, at anytime, you act in a manner which is unbecoming, you will be disqualified and banned from future tournaments.

Thanks for reading this Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: Re: Blood Bowl RTT at Gateway 2003!  PostPosted: Jul 01, 2003 - 03:02 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
In general very good however:

Bahkara wrote:

Models will earn skills and advances each round as per the normal rules.

Not a good idea for tournament play. Deaths and Serious Injuries can really hurt a team early on. Also you are just giving their next opponent an easy game.

Bahkara wrote:
9) Blood Bowl Annual rules clarifications and Q&A appearing in White Dwarf are in use.

The WD Q&A does not apply to LRB. You should just specify LRB 2.0 as found on www.bloodbowl.com

Bahkara wrote:
10) Each Player may only be awarded MVP once in the tournament. You may choose who will receive the MVP award after each game.

Why not just have 1 normal skill per game? Each player can only get 1 skill. It much simpler, fairer and less open to abuse.

Bahkara wrote:
11) The 4 minute rule WILL BE IN EFFECT!!! I will have timers but you are welcome to bring your own.

Not normally a problem - but not many people play with the timer.

BahkaraOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 - 01:12 PM

Here's your answers:

#1 SPPs - I am trying to follow the BB RTT rules as closely as possible. Plus there is an award for Highest Rated Team

#2 Ruleset - You are correct. I've gotten rid of that part

#3 MVP Awards - So far I haven't seen it abused at all, but I will see how this plays out.

#4 Timer - This is mainly to keep people from stalling so they could win.

Thanks for the look

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic