NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 09:26 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Ask Lord Borak rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WolfhowlOffline
Post subject: Question about Dauntless and Horns.  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2006 - 09:42 PM

In the LRB, Dauntless says that you roll two dice, add them together, and if the total is higher then the str of the person you are attacking, then your str is equal to the str of the person you are attacking, before adding any str+ due to skills or assists.

Does this mean, that if a beastman with Horns and Dauntless blitses a... Say a Beast of Nergal, gets past Foul Apparence, moves at least one space, and get's a 5,6 on his Dauntless roll, then he would do a Two die block against the Big guy all by himself?

Please confrim or deny this for me.

The reason I ask is because I've got a Beastman, who earned his second skill, rolled Double "1's", and his first skill was an AG+. I was thinking about making him a catcher, but that really doesn't fit my Play style. (much more of a crush kill distroy kind of player).

I know I could always go with Claw, but the idea of a supper Blitzer sounds like the perfect way to take care of all the Big Guys in the league.

Reply with quote Back to top
BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2006 - 09:57 PM

Yes, you get the result of the dauntless roll, then add the effect of Horns (and assists) to whatever strength you have at that point.

So a Horned dauntless player can roll 2 dice blocks against anyone without assistance, provided you pass the dauntless roll and the opponent doesn't have any assists. Rolling Eyes

If it was me I'd take advanatge of his agility by choosing Big Hand so he can act as a thrower. He can pick up in multiple tackle zones then dodge away or just get the ball on the kickoff and pass it. But it sounds like you're not the sort of player who just passes the ball around each turn to rack up SPPs. Laughing

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: Question about Dauntless and Horns.  PostPosted: Apr 25, 2006 - 06:56 AM

Canada
      Wolfhowl wrote:
I know I could always go with Claw, but the idea of a supper Blitzer sounds like the perfect way to take care of all the Big Guys in the league.

Actually a "supper" blitzer would be the best way to take care of all the halflings in the league! Very Happy

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2006 - 06:58 AM

Canada
      Bevan wrote:
If it was me I'd take advanatge of his agility by choosing Big Hand so he can act as a thrower. He can pick up in multiple tackle zones then dodge away or just get the ball on the kickoff and pass it. But it sounds like you're not the sort of player who just passes the ball around each turn to rack up SPPs. Laughing

But having a Big Hand does not mean that you have to pass the ball, that skills ig reat for getting the ball out of tight spots and then it can even be handed off to a free player.

In the end, winning is the objective and you have to get the ball and score to do that (what REALLY?) so Big Hand can be great for that when the going gets messy.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic