NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 04:19 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Useless Minotaur! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SheadoOffline
Post subject: Game box set or Human team box  PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 01:46 PM

I just joined the NAF and am interested in getting started in BB. I want to play a Human team as the consensus seems to be they are a good team for a new person like me to play to pick up the game. I can either get my team by buying the human team set or by buying the game. I am curious from a quality/quantity of minis needed to play standpoint which is the better way to go. I will be playing in a local league and at tourneys so access to a pitch is not an issue.

Brent
Victorville CA

Reply with quote Back to top
PrimesupremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2006 - 05:09 PM

USA
I would still pick up the box set. The human minis actually are quiet nice plus you can then con your friends into playing with you at home so you can practice.

*Mr_Scream*Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 03:33 AM

the human box set is only 30 pounds and you get every member you need for a full team (i think i got 8 linemen 2 blitzers 5 catchers :s and 2 throwers and 2 neat metal balls. if your seriouse about playing i would get this and model your own pitch for home games. plus the new human team are in my view the best gw minis available and they fit with the new griff model a lot better.

nyarlathotepOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 05:34 AM
Mekboy

The newer box has metal balls? I've only got one plastic ball left!!!

...Must...Have...Metal...Balls...

My Tournament Record

Agent_VenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2006 - 07:36 AM

The newer human box is much better. The quality of the miniatures is far superior to the plastic ones you receive in the original boxed game (all those static posed figs with one arm up one arm on the hip.... yay!) And like mentioned it has a whole squad, but I got 6 linemen, 4 blitzers, 4 catchers 2 throwers and 2 awsome metal balls!! I guess it comes down to whether or not you want new quality miniatures, or the whole kit with a bunch of plastic static ones.

*Mr_Scream*Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2006 - 06:27 AM

on the subject of those 4 blitzers you say you have .. if you check the uk gw mailorder site it describes 2 of the blitzer models as linemen :s i think this is due to the fact that you are meant to get 8 linemen in the boxed set ... i use mine as blitzers anyway cause lets face it who gives a rats rear what gw says Razz

Agent_VenomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2006 - 09:07 AM

Damn straight!!...... Unless they say that Australia is getting bloodbowl minis for sale again. Then i would care. It sucks buying international, to long to wait for the post to come!!!

Oh the models, the ones with the spikey chests are what i use for my blitzers, to bad last time i played one killed himself making a block Sad

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic