NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 02:59 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
She has Very Long Legs, Sure Hands and a Hypnotic Gaze! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Can a Vampire use Hypnotic Gaze after a Blood Lust *special* move action?
Yes, a move action took place and meets the requirements
80%
 80%  [ 17 ]
No, the move action is not of the Vampire's freewill and no further action can be taken.
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

CSC1551Offline
Post subject: Vampire's hypnotic gaze After a Blood Lust special move  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2006 - 08:57 PM

If a Vampire has been Blood Lusted and moved to a Thrall (per the rules) is the Vampire still allowed to use hypnotic gaze, since the rules say "at the end of a move action". The Blood lust being a "special move action".

This came up in our league and we can see both view points.
1) The move is forced (like a pump wagon) and that becomes the players action, no other skills or racial abilites/traits are allowed.

or

2)A *special* move action took place and meets the requirements of a move action, so the Vamipre can still hypnotic gaze, but can not further move, block, etc.

Thanks in advance

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 19, 2006 - 09:03 PM

Canada
I think to read in arguments of "free will" is reading too much into the rules. The Blood Lust sucks enough (no pun intended, honest) so why punish the player more by not letting him do things like use one of his abilities? Is he not allowed to use a Dodge skill, or any other, should he trip and injure himself can he Regenerate?

IMO if the move action allows the vamp to end his turn next to a thrall, then whatever he does as part of that move should be legit. That is the requirement in the rules. Leave it at that.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

BevanOffline
Post subject: Re: Vampire's hypnotic gaze After a Blood Lust special move  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 01:14 AM

LRB5 wrote:
Blood Lust...Note that the Vampire is allowed to pick up the ball or do anything else they could normally do while taking a Move Action...

This section makes it clear that if the Vampire can do anything during a normal Move Action then they can do it during the Blood Lust Move Action. So Hypnotic Gaze can be used.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 09:57 AM

Undisclosed
This one doesn't even need a poll, it's a Move action, and all skills that can be used in a "normal" Move action can be used after a Bloodlust Move action, including HynoGaze.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Styfen
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 12:08 PM

Darkson wrote:
This one doesn't even need a poll, it's a Move action, and all skills that can be used in a "normal" Move action can be used after a Bloodlust Move action, including HynoGaze.

The man speaketh the truth.

Whoever voted 'no' needs to go back to BB boot camp. Laughing

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 01:28 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Darkson wrote:

I would also like to add to Darkson's post an agreement that this one is cut and dry (Bevan quote of the rules covers why this is true). However I would like to add something else to the discussion to make it clear.

If you fail a Blood Lust roll, the Vampire can do the Move action and use Hypnotic Gaze EVEN IF he does not end his move next to a Thrall. Immediately afer using the Hypnotic Gaze skill the Vampire would be removed from the pitch and it would be a turnover ... but now that Hypnotic Gaze results last until a player is activated ... there might be a reason you'd be willing to perform this manuever.

Galak

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Canada
[quote="GalakStarscraper"]
      Darkson wrote:
... but now that Hypnotic Gaze results last until a player is activated ... there might be a reason you'd be willing to perform this manuever.

Galak

So how would that work if you hypnotized a ball and chain, how could he be activated, if he is the first one that has to be activated, yet no-one can be activated until he is activated, but he cannot be activated, until someone is activated? (my head hurts....)

Darkson
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 02:10 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
So how would that work if you hypnotized a ball and chain, how could he be activated, if he is the first one that has to be activated, yet no-one can be activated until he is activated, but he cannot be activated, until someone is activated? (my head hurts....)

Er...firstly, why would you have to activate him first?
Secondly, seeing as a B&C can only take a Move action, I'd guess you activate him by declaring a Move action.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 04:19 PM

Canada
Okay, I do not have the rulebook in front of me, but has the rule changed that says the Ball & Chain does not have to go first? It used to be that they had to move before anyone else, failire to do so could be called as an illegal procedure.

Maybe I should go read the rulebook.....

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Vampire  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 04:42 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Spazzfist wrote:
Okay, I do not have the rulebook in front of me, but has the rule changed that says the Ball & Chain does not have to go first? It used to be that they had to move before anyone else, failire to do so could be called as an illegal procedure.

Maybe I should go read the rulebook.....
The rule changed ... he doesn't have to go first anymore.

Galak

CSC1551Offline
Post subject: Thanks  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for all who gave advise.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic