NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 06:00 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
That boy's got talent! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HabigOffline
Post subject: Rules Change questions  PostPosted: Jan 14, 2007 - 11:11 PM

Getting ready for a local league, and brushing up on rules changes (last played with the errata issued after Deathzone, so it's been awhile). Some questions/clarifications, feel free to slap me around if I've simply missed something obvious?

1) It seems a secret weapon is an automatic ejection after the drive. Have these become one-shot players? If so, when did the refs suddenly get so competent, and why are daggers ("stab" players) immune?

2) Head coaches can no longer argue calls?

3) Can Star Players be part of a normal roster, or do they only show up via inducements? (if anyone could now afford their new, inflated prices. Although I do agree that they used to be too cheap on the whole).

On the whole things look much more solid and balanced, good work!

Reply with quote Back to top
MootazOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2007 - 02:29 AM

Undisclosed
1) That's why you can get bribes as inducements to keep them on the pitch longer. But normally they are one-shot weapons. And Stab is not a secret weapon, that's right.

2) Correct, Argue the call is gone.

3) Star Players can only be inducements, never permanent part of a team.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: Rules Change questions  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2007 - 08:25 AM

Canada
      Habig wrote:
3) Can Star Players be part of a normal roster, or do they only show up via inducements? (if anyone could now afford their new, inflated prices. Although I do agree that they used to be too cheap on the whole).

Keep in mind though that the star players as inducements means that you are not using your treasury to hire them. When you face a team with a higher TV than yours, you get the difference to hire in inducements. So if your team value is over 400,000 greater than mine, I can add Morg to my team with no trouble at all!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic