NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 05, 2024 - 02:15 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Lucien Swift traded to the Low Down Rats. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: GenCon 2007 tournament needs to hire 2 people  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2007 - 04:42 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Hi guys,

Due to some unexpected difficulties ... I'm going to need to help run the Impact! booth during the Blood Bowl tournament at GenCon 2007. However .... I DEFINITELY want this great tournament to continue so here is what I'm looking for.

I need to hire 2 people.

1) I need a full time referee. I will be taking breaks in the last 15 minutes and 30 minutes after a round to set it up. But for the 1 hours and 45 minutes of the round running ... I need someone to referee. Such a person should know the LRB 5.0 rules very well so that they can field questions during the event. I will try to make sure I have a walkie talkie so that if you have a question that you need a "higher" ruling on ... you can buzz me. You are also responsible for time calling every 30 minutes of the round (along with 10, 5, and 1 minute at the end). You'll get to take breaks while I'm around so you'll have some downtime for sure and I've found that the questions are normally pretty light even with 45 to 50 coaches playing.

2) I need an odd man out player. This player must be present 15 minutes before EACH round starts and should not leave until released by me once the round starts. This person will only play if there are an odd number of players. If there are an even number they can go do whatever they want until 15 minutes before the next round.

====

Each position comes with a 4 days Impact! Miniatures Vendor Badge which will get you into the vendor area hall early before everyone else each day (I'll pay for this). You'll also each get two Impact! garments to wear on Friday and Saturday while you help with running the event so that you are easily spotted.

=====

If you are interested in either of these positions ... let me know please.

RELIABILITY is HUGE for this. If you say you are going to do it ... there has to be 0% chance that you'll back out barring several health issues with you or your family.

Tom Anders/GalakStarscraper

Reply with quote Back to top
ColinOffline
Post subject: RE: GenCon 2007 tournament needs to hire 2 people  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2007 - 07:28 PM

Might be interested, have the Impact garments already (well one is on the way) and even have a ref shirt, though playing would be more fun than reffing so not sure which one I'd want to do. The problem is that I am having a little difficulty with finding people to share a room with for GenCon, so can't commit until I get that sorted out. I guess if you get people to fill the positions before that, then I guess I'll just have to be a regular player (assuming I find room mates for the event). Time is already booked off for the week of GenCon so if the room thing gets sorted out, no doubt that I'll be there.

Just wondering, wouldn't it be easier for you to hire someone to do the Impact booth? I thought Valen and Rams were coming over for GenCon to help with the booth?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: GenCon 2007 tournament needs to hire 2 people  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2007 - 09:00 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Torg wrote:
Just wondering, wouldn't it be easier for you to hire someone to do the Impact booth? I thought Valen and Rams were coming over for GenCon to help with the booth?

Valen is playing in the GenCon touranment and we want to have 2 members of Impact! in the both at all times to the best extent possible. We are already looking at having only one Impact! person in the booth all day Thursday (Ramsay in the Street Bowl tournament) and we really want that to be the exception not the rule.

So that's why this ad.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic