NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:54 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Take one for the team rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Niagaroth Brewery BloodBowl Open  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2008 - 01:11 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I may be moving the location to a bar........

This all depends on cost mind you.....

The location of last years tourney was fine. But if I can get a cheeper location at a bar & trust me it is a great bar at that, I'm sure Talons or some of the local crew will agree that the service & food at SOMEBODY'S is Grade 'A'!!!!!!!

Now I'll admit there is no swower there, & you can not bring in your own beer, but having females bring you a picture of beer to the pitch? (at my current local, I can dress up in drag & bring you one of your own beers, but I'm sure its not the same) Laughing

The bar can field possibly 20 people, based on last years attendance of 12, I'm not to worried of breaking 12!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look I'll be straight, I do not have the ability or skill to produce Kick A$$ Boards that you will see in the Challenge of Q'ermitt, nor do I have a dedicated comunity working as a group providing awsome commitment like the Ottawa Boys with the the Capital City Kick Off & the Death Bowl, & who can forget the Canadian Open, (ok not running this year, but Ontario's longest running BloodBowl Tourney!!!, if not all of Canada)....... NO I CAN NOT COMPARE WITH ANY OF THOSE 3.........

I try my best on prizes not sweet playing boards or amazing trophy's!!!!! So if my tourney has a beer theme & my prizes have beer themes, then if I can find a cheaper local I can provide more prizes!

Heres a link of last years prizes....... a cheaper local would provide more.......

Please give me your opinions.....

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Reply with quote Back to top
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Niagaroth Brewery BloodBowl Open  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2008 - 06:49 AM

Vancouver, BC
In all honesty it does not bother me one bit where it is held. We have had tournies in just about every place we could: basements, game stores, hotels, bars and even condemed buildings ;-þ

Worst case we will have to be brave and shower at the camp ground.

BTW, I would prefer a PITCHER of beer rather than a PICTURE. Very Happy

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Niagaroth Brewery BloodBowl Open  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2008 - 08:22 AM

Canada
Where you hold it won't affect me at all Rod.

Like you say, you pick what to spend your money on, and if holding it somewhere cheaper lets you give out prizes to more people (even if they small prizes) is a cool thing.

Fingers crossed a bunch of us can make it from ottawa again, without the open, i think that builds everyone's tournament credit up a bit Wink

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Niagaroth Brewery BloodBowl Open  PostPosted: Mar 11, 2008 - 03:20 PM

Canada
Echoing others. Don't mind where it is held, as that won't be a factor for me making it or not. The factors will be the date, and my family tournament credits.

Cramy

Shadowseer2005Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2008 - 11:09 PM

After having the Bongo Bowl at the Embassy and again there this year, I'm willing to play anywhere.

Bongo Bowl
www.rubli.ca/bongo-bowl

Power of "1" 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Champion
Canadian Open 2010 - Most CAS
Challenge of Qermitt 2007 - Most CAS

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2008 - 08:36 AM

Canada
Any date yet for the Niagaroth bowl Rod? BE good to have one as soon as is possible for you.

I am keen to play again.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 08, 2008 - 11:57 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I'm waiting on one of the locals, his boss takes him to Vegas every Sept. I want to make sure its not on the same week end, I told him if he doesn't give me the info by the time I get back from the Q'errmit that I'm picking a date without knowing when he goes.

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic