NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 04:32 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
12 men on the pitch? You've just been Egged! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 19, 2008 - 05:42 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

I know Rod won in 2006 ... what was his team's name?

Who won in 2007 and what was the team name?

Galak

Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 07:33 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Hmmmm ... Rod made such a big deal out of wanting to be in the Handbook with his team's name 2 years ago. I guess he doesn't care anymore. As I've seen a few posts from him after I posted this request last night.

Ah well ... who came in 2nd in the 2006 Spike ... we'll put their team's name in. Wink

Galak

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 07:46 AM

Canada
hahahaha

it was "The Hellpit Wildrats". I only answer your question cos my goblins stomped his Chaos balls (literally) yesterday, and i feel abit bad for running up the score Wink

"SPIKE 2006 Rod Davidson, Hell Pit Wildrats defeated Low Down Dirty Rats (Skaven/Skaven)"

No clue on 2007 it was out west, and no real news was put online by the TO at all.
I don't think a tournament entry was even created for the NAF system either.
Bit disapointing really.
This seemed like it would be better, but no results entered as of yet.

Not trying to be insulting (except to Rod) but feel it is a bit sad that a major has been totally unranked for 2 years. Almost feels like we should have a new major to replace it.

JTB

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 08:37 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Hell Pit Wildrats fits every well in the table and is very Blood Bowlish. Rod if you have problems with that presentation let me know.

I'll try to track down the 2007 event still ... (or just put it in the Rulebook as No Championship held).

Wow ... okay does any of the 28 coaches that went to the 2007 Spike know who won and the name of the team? ToppyT has not logged into the NAF site since he ran the event!

====

I'm dumbfounded that a Major was allowed to go without getting entered into the NAF results. Wow that's just not what was supposed to happen if the players take over for GW on the Majors.

I hope this can get fixed for the future.

And like I said ... if any of the 28 coaches remember the details from last year ... let me know.

Tom/Galak

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 08:48 AM

Canada
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Hellpit Wildrats fits every well in the table and is very Blood Bowlish. Rod if you have problems with that presentation let me know.

I'll try to track down the 2007 event still ... (or just put it in the Rulebook as No Championship held).

If you can't find them, then you can always put my team in, as I was the winner of the Spike! Warm=Up at 2006! Wink Not the Spike! as Rod is very fond of pointing out to me at every opportunity he gets, but it was still counted as a major for NAF ranking! Very Happy

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:09 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Hellpit Wildrats fits every well in the table and is very Blood Bowlish. Rod if you have problems with that presentation let me know.

If you can't find them, then you can always put my team in, as I was the winner of the Spike! Warm=Up at 2006! Wink Not the Spike! as Rod is very fond of pointing out to me at every opportunity he gets, but it was still counted as a major for NAF ranking! Very Happy

Given that I thought about going to the spike in 06 i think that puts me on equal footing for the rights to claim the championship. So I think we should roshambo for it, i'll go first Wink

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Canada
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Hell Pit Wildrats fits every well in the table and is very Blood Bowlish. Rod if you have problems with that presentation let me know.

Wow ... okay does any of the 28 coaches that went to the 2007 Spike know who won and the name of the team? ToppyT has not logged into the NAF site since he ran the event!

====

I'm dumbfounded that a Major was allowed to go without getting entered into the NAF results. Wow that's just not what was supposed to happen if the players take over for GW on the Majors.

I hope this can get fixed for the future.

And like I said ... if any of the 28 coaches remember the details from last year ... let me know.

Tom/Galak

Seriously, it is a bit concerning. Makes me happier I didn't make the effort to go all the way out to the west for the "major".

good luck with finding a winner. Torg, posted some pictures from 07, so he might remember who won.......

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Given that I thought about going to the spike in 06 i think that puts me on equal footing for the rights to claim the championship. So I think we should roshambo for it, i'll go first Wink

Not sure I follow you.... no... wait. I am positive that I do not follow you!

The Spike-Warm Up was a legitimate event, and treated as a major for rankings. it was only due to poor organization that the event was split into two separate events, the Spike! Warm-Up on the Friday and the Spike! on the Saturday. I won the former, and Rod the latter.

I think my actually being there supersedes your wishing you were.

Now we sit back and wait for Rod's rant........

Last edited by Spazzfist on Oct 20, 2008 - 09:28 AM; edited 1 time in total

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:21 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
      Notorious_jtb wrote:

Not sure I follow you.... no... wait. I am positive that I do not follow you!

The Spike-Warm Up was a legitimate event, and treated as a major for rankings. it was only due to poor organization that the event was split into two separate events, the Spike! Warm-Up on the Friday and the Spike! on the Saturday. I won the former, and Rod the latter.

I think my actually being there supersedes your wishing you were.

given we are talking about claiming the 07 championship based on attendance at an event in 06 i am positive I have the same salvage rights Laughing

p.s. I absolutely do not think I should be given the 07 championship Rolling Eyes

ColinOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:23 AM

The '07 winner was an (pro) Elf team called the Art School Killers, can't remember the coach's name.

I think someone from the NAF (or even Galak) should contact ToppyT, he ran the tourney and should have all the results, maybe he could be persuaded to hand them over so they can be entered.

Contact Generaljason for the '08 results (I couldn't make it this year so have no idea who won).

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:27 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Yes I was the Hell Pit Wildrats for the 2006 Spike

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:33 AM

Canada
      Torg wrote:
The '07 winner was an (pro) Elf team called the Art School Killers, can't remember the coach's name.

I think someone from the NAF (or even Galak) should contact ToppyT, he ran the tourney and should have all the results, maybe he could be persuaded to hand them over so they can be entered.

Contact Generaljason for the '08 results (I couldn't make it this year so have no idea who won).

Well that sounds like a team name that could go in the book. Thought you might know Torg!

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:38 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
Hmmmm ... Rod made such a big deal out of wanting to be in the Handbook with his team's name 2 years ago. I guess he doesn't care anymore. As I've seen a few posts from him after I posted this request last night.

Ah well ... who came in 2nd in the 2006 Spike ... we'll put their team's name in. Wink

Galak

Laughing In my defence I just am home from a tourney (7ish hour trip by car) & its only like a day from the original post, lol so please don't put in the 2nd place team....

Can I ask what book this is going in though?

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 09:42 AM

Canada
      Clan-Skaven wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak

Laughing In my defence I just am home from a tourney (7ish hour trip by car) & its only like a day from the original post, lol so please don't put in the 2nd place team....

Can I ask what book this is going in though?

the LRB6 mate. There are little tables with the winners of the majors back to the start of the events. I guess some were made up but a bunch were the winners of the tournies that were held at the GW studio.
Much as it pains me, you are now legendary Confused

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Spike tournament winners 2006 and 2007  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
[Much as it pains me, you are now legendary Confused

Oh God...... you just HAD to go and say that. Now we are never going to hear the end of it! Rolling Eyes

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic