NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 03:55 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bribe the ref today! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Notorious_jtbOffline
26 Post subject: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup '08? Oct 4/5  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 - 09:14 AM

Canada
I am considering going to the Chaos Cup in Chicago this october.
http://www.thechaoscup.com/

It is two weeks before deathbowl here in Ottawa. But it is a major and Galak has said that Jervis is planning to play and it could be fun to be geek fan boys.

I checked out the hotel and flights and its less than $80/night at the nearby hotels and the flight is $750 on aircanada, direct in 2.5 hrs which sounds pricey but good.

I dunno if Chicago is drivable?

Anyway just thought I'd ask, not sure if i want to go on me tod.

JTB

Last edited by Notorious_jtb on Jul 16, 2008 - 10:27 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 - 09:43 AM

Canada
I would love to go to a U.S. tourney and meet some of the other Bloodbowlers other than the lot of mangy regulars that I am so used to seeing!

If we were to go, it would have to be a drive for me ,clost of flight is too much.

On your tod? Cockney rhyming slang? Don't know that one.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 - 10:29 AM

Canada
      Quote:

On your tod? Cockney rhyming slang? Don't know that one.

Nah, it's not that soft southern rubbish, its a tough northern saying which means "on my own"

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:

If we were to go, it would have to be a drive for me ,clost of flight is too much.

how long would the drive be?

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Canada
I would like to go, and wouldn't mind flying. Price would deffinently be an issue there. But driving takes like 13 hours one-way. I wouldn't mind having to take two days off for the trip there and back driving, but flying would be prefered.

Diaperman778Offline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 25, 2008 - 11:07 AM

I drove to Chicago on the way to the last gencon in Milwaukee and it was about 9-10 hours.

MorpheousOffline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 - 12:13 AM

One thing I should point out to the Canadians who are thinking about coming to Chaos cup. As I live in Wisconsin, there is a TON of construction between Milwaukee and Chicago. Will take anywhere from 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs to get from Milwaukee to the Chicago Battle bunker. Would be awesome to hang out with you guys. After reading all of Spazzfists posts all the time, would be quite groovy to meet him in person. Come on down!!!!! we get tired of beating up on the same people too. Would be nice to show you some good US hospitality. Do you all drink beer up there to the north like the Brits do? Holy cow can those Europeans drink. Someone said Lucifer had some video of me break dancing at the world cup. I have yet to see proof. Game on eh? And as a side note.. we say "eh" up here in Wisconsin too. enough ramblings. If I can offer any help, directions, anything to the neighbors of the north, just drop me a pm.

-Schawn

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 07:28 AM

Canada
Would love to go, but can't this year ...

10 hours from Harwood, so that should be about 13 hours from Ottawa.

Cramy

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 08:51 AM

Vancouver, BC
This is an interesting propect. I may be persuaded in comming out. My preference would be to drive as it is cheaper for me to lose a day's, or two, pay than to spend more on air fair. And the length of the trip is nothing to me having driven to Pittsburgh, PA and Harrisburgh, PA from TO.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 01:11 PM

Canada
@ Morpheous, cheers for the heads up on the road works. Some of the Canadians do indeed like their beer Laughing Even the ones who don't enjoy a drink of something and everyone loves the socializing Very Happy

@ Eric, being from England I have never even been in a car for that many hours in a row. So I am a bit nervous about driving there.
How much do we think for gas?
Might prefer to fly if the price isn't too different cos of the all the saved time.
(direct from Ottawa is less than 3 hrs flight time vs 13?? in the car)

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 03:22 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
How much do we think for gas?
Might prefer to fly if the price isn't too different cos of the all the saved time.
(direct from Ottawa is less than 3 hrs flight time vs 13?? in the car)

Gas wise I would estimate (since will be almost all highway driving) would run 1½ tanks each way from Ottawa. That will also depends how many tonnes of gamers you pack in there.

The flying option 4 you may be a better option given 13+ hour trip. Though that entails getting to the airport atleast 3 hours early to get through security and the inevitable cavity search Razz Flying into the USA can be pretty rough at times, not to mention the requirement of a Passport.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 28, 2008 - 04:36 PM

Canada
If you are going Eric then I would be sorely tempted to hitch a ride with you. I really want to get to one of these tournaments in the States and meet some of the other NAF coaches. The only thing is that if I go to this one the chances of me being able to get away for the Deathbowl will be slim to none....

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Any Canadians wanna go to the Chaos cup  PostPosted: Jul 29, 2008 - 10:56 AM

Canada
Unfortunately, I just realized I can't go because of the date. Sorry Joe, know you were hoping for a flying buddy. Maybe next year.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic