NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 09:01 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
She has Very Long Legs, Sure Hands and a Hypnotic Gaze! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HelvetionOffline
Post subject: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 - 02:35 AM

I am currantly playing in the BRAWL League in Perth, Weastern Australia. My Gutter Runner has 43 XP after 7 games, he has on top of his Dodge skill, Block, +1 Strength and Strip ball. Just after some thoughts on what to give him next. If I roll a double I thought I might give him horns as I blitz with him a lot, but if I don't get my double Im not to sure.

Reply with quote Back to top
antipixiOffline
Post subject: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 - 04:55 AM

Bedford, UK
I would go with tackle as he will make almost the perfect safety with block, tackle, ST3 and AG4. I know that this reduces the power of strip ball slightly, but it would mean that the ball would be less likely to be in a tackle zone when picking it up afterwards. + It makes him more likely to claim the ball from a blodger with sure hands.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 - 07:17 AM

Sweden
Leap, then you can get into cages and blitz the ball carrier with two dice op choise. With a RR you have like a 70/30 that you get the ball loose. And if he survive for another skill you take jugernaut. Then you got like one of the best ball blitzers in the league.

GL to youre oppontents after that Smile

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 - 08:22 AM

Canada
On doubles you might want to consider Bif Hand. He is an expert at getting a ball loose, it would benefit him to be able to pick it up again and run off with it!

Otherwise I agree with leap, then there will be nowhere for your opponent to hide from him!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 - 04:15 PM

Canada
Leap would be my main pick. Definitely Big Hand on doubles: 2+ for picking the ball in any number of tackle zones is always nice, especially frustrating for your opponents if you just caused the dropped ball!

Fred

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2008 - 05:43 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Leap and horns on doubles are the best choices for this guy.

Big hand is great - but better on a different GR. This one runs in and blitzes the ball loose, the Big hand one then swoops in and runs off with it.

PubBowlerOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2008 - 06:43 AM

Glasgow UK
      Doubleskulls wrote:

Big hand is great - but better on a different GR. This one runs in and blitzes the ball loose, the Big hand one then swoops in and runs off with it.

He said it.

FranticOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2008 - 10:57 AM

Sweden
      Doubleskulls wrote:

Hmm youre right if there is meny "speedteam" in the league. If there is more of the "bashing" team i´ll still pick jugernaut on a D.

No d, then wrestle or pro after leap.

Horns dont help you if the ball carrier is in a cage. Unless you can help him out with some other players....

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2008 - 11:50 AM

Canada
No need for doubls for Dauntless: it's a general skill.

Fred

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2008 - 04:49 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
[quote="Frantic"]
      Doubleskulls wrote:
Horns dont help you if the ball carrier is in a cage. Unless you can help him out with some other players....

I don't really understand that statement. This GR is +ST already - so Horns makes him S4 when blitzing - so really helpful against cages. GRs can dodge into 3 TZ cages on a 5+ - which is 55% chance with the dodge reroll - so with horns he's very good at breaking cages.

Even against other flair teams the ability to blitz 9 (or 11) squares away at S4 is very useful.

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2008 - 06:10 PM

Canada
I agree with Ian and PubBowler. Normal skill must be leap. You can now leap into a cage and one-die block the opponent (if he doesn't have any guard that is). On a double, Horns. That's a ST4 blitzer, which is amazing any day. After Horns, leap is even better. ST4 hit on the ball carrier in a cage.

Big Hand is for the GR that picks-up the ball after the ST3 leaping horns GR made the ball carrier drop the ball.

I usually give wrestle to my strip baller instead of block. But as you already gave him block, wrestle is not as useful ...

Cramy

RattOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2008 - 04:46 AM

Undisclosed
The way that GR works, I think that Horns is def the way to go... He's caused me grief in Round 2, and that damn Rat Ogre as well.... Threw my star catcher into the crowd killing him, and gets the MVP - and is now AG 3... nasty, nasty team

http://www.brawl.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp?p=ro&t=big Check it out...

FranticOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: What next for my Gutter Runner  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Sweden
[quote="Doubleskulls"]
      Frantic wrote:
      Doubleskulls wrote:

I don't really understand that statement. This GR is +ST already - so Horns makes him S4 when blitzing - so really helpful against cages. GRs can dodge into 3 TZ cages on a 5+ - which is 55% chance with the dodge reroll - so with horns he's very good at breaking cages.

Even against other flair teams the ability to blitz 9 (or 11) squares away at S4 is very useful.

Ok. I just prefere to increase the chans of getting the ball loose...

HelvetionOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2008 - 10:47 PM

Thanks for the ideas guys, I finally got him to the next level and the way I play him, I gave him side step, as I did not get a double as I hoped for. 1st season, 9 games and he's on 59XP.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2008 - 11:26 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd probaly try to stop scoring with him... even SPP allocation generally produces better teams - because you have more skills over all and are less dependent on a few star players.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic