NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 01:44 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pass action..pick up Nobbla... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 - 08:58 PM

Vancouver, BC
Ok, I was part bored and part planning for the future when came up with this list. The following lists the Canadian tourny schedule and when the holidays in Canada (Ontario & Quebec to be specific as they tend to be the most active) fall so that TO's and Coaches could plan for the future.

http://rubli.ca/MapleLeafTournaments.php

In any case I hope this helps Canadians [along with Internationals] to attend Tournies in Canada.

P.S. If I am missing any please let me know and they will be added.

EDIT: Changed the image to a link and removed reference to the missing Spike! tourny

Last edited by Eric.R. on Oct 27, 2008 - 07:24 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 - 09:22 PM

Canada
Good stuff Eric! Now if you can just include a listing of when the UFC events will be on in any given month, and then the TOs can organize their tourneys around that - providing fight night entertainment on the Saturdays! Wink

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 21, 2008 - 10:16 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Spazzfist wrote:
Good stuff Eric! Now if you can just include a listing of when the UFC events will be on in any given month, and then the TOs can organize their tourneys around that - providing fight night entertainment on the Saturdays! Wink

Blah blah blah...................

Way to go Spazz ruin a great post by adding useless dribble!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 08:47 AM

Canada
good work eric

FeralOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Montreal

At last a comprehensive list of things going on in Canada! I was wondering if there was a living community here in the frozen north! Now if things could untaw a bit here in Quebec! I find it sad that a Metropolis like Montreal doesn't post any leagues or Tourneys. It's odd, considering that the gaming community here seems pretty alive....

CramyOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 11:06 AM

Canada
Hi Feral. There's a couple of guys from Montreal that make it down to Ottawa and Toronto for tourneys on a regular basis. And they have been talking about a Montreal tourney for a while.

As for the Ontario scene, it is quite active. You should make it down to Ottawa for a tourney or two. The next one is the CCKO, which is always good fun.

Hope to see ya at a tourney.

Cramy

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 12:38 PM

Canada
Nice one Eric. I was thinking of reshceduling the Dagger to earlier in the year and planning a second one for later in the year (both being one-day tourneys), and this gives me a much better idea of when tourneys are and if I can reschedule or just leave it as is.

Feral, I know there was alot of talk about BB tourneys in Montreal. Taxal mentioned a longer running tourney more for the locals to get them into BB, more of a game a weekend style tourney. But I am sure there is enough interest in the area and from Ottawa to get a tourney going.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 01:17 PM

Canada
DR,

Have you thought about having the Daggerbowl in February, and get people coming up for the Winterlude/Daggerbowl? Just a thought....

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 04:20 PM

Canada
That was actually what my inital thought was. And have the second Bowl in September around NBBO or later near Deathbowl.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 - 05:06 PM

Canada
November this year would work, but Bongo Bowl is in November of next year. February seems like a good time as there are no other things going on then...Sept/October are a little more difficult as there are 2 tournies already. The one in May in addition to the one in February would be a good time. Of course I live here so chances are I can attend regardless when they are held, I was thinking of the guys from out of town that would be interested in attending, those seem like good times for them.

Just my take on it, later guys

Adam

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 12:21 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
That was actually what my inital thought was. And have the second Bowl in September around NBBO or later near Deathbowl.

September Screw that get yer own month! (It's hard enough to get Ottawa folk to my tourney without you doing a tourney in the same month to steal my spotlight Rolling Eyes

Dagger Bowl in September = Daggerin my backBowl

Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 06:36 AM

Canada
Oh quit crying ya big baby. My little one-day tourney will not hinder your attendance (that much). And the knife if you back is likely from Spazz, I heard he wants to use the two team system in the Q'ermitt next year. ;P

Although, I don't mind doing two little ones (one in Feb, one in May) I was just thinking it might hurt numbers having them so close together. But it might give more poeple a chance to make one of the two.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 06:42 AM

Canada
Actually, I was thinking that the Q'ermitt next year would be a one-day tourney that uses two teams, each of which get to Draft skills between games, and all the coaches will be on two teams. There will also be bonus points for dressing up, but if you do, then you have to drink beer to prove that we are still cool.

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 06:48 AM

Vancouver, BC
Calm down Rod. I would not think DR would run it on the same weekend as any existing tourny (at least I would hope not). And seeing that One Day Tournies (1DT) tend to attract to local crowd more than out of towners (unless they are nuts and to Ottawa from Toronto via Niagra Falls Razz ), I would see little compitition for a Two Day Tourny (2DT).

I have been thinking og doing a 1DT in our area but run it as a Warm-up to the next up comming 2DT which would incorporate the more odd rules so that players can get used to them before they encounter them in the 2DT. Would have to talk to the TO first obviously. And, yes Clan-Scaven I know it is not an original concept but for things as the Dungeon @ the Bongo Bowl and even 4-way Deathbowl are very rarely seen outside of those tournies and it would help people to better grasp the concept be fore the 2DT. Anyways it is JUST an idea.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Canadian Tournies  PostPosted: Oct 23, 2008 - 07:05 AM

Canada
      Eric.R. wrote:
Calm down Rod. I would not think DR would run it on the same weekend as any existing tourny (at least I would hope not). And seeing that One Day Tournies (1DT) tend to attract to local crowd more than out of towners (unless they are nuts and to Ottawa from Toronto via Niagra Falls Razz ), I would see little compitition for a Two Day Tourny (2DT).

Geez Eric, are you a frikkin' moron? Are you some sort of inbred friggin' idiot that you cannot even grasp the simplest of concepts? What's wrong with you Corky? Fail your driving test again? Want to go swim with the dolphins?

<ahem> Sorry man...... it is the bullying cycle. Rod Picks on me and I feel the need to pick on someone else to make me feel better. you happy now Rod? Huh? Are ya?

Anyways, back to the point..... (yes I had one to make)

The problem that Rod has with the Dagger Bowl in September is that it will attract the local crowd, and for some, even though it is not on the same weekend, may not be able to attend Rod's just because they went to the Dagger. Speaking for any of the married BBers out there, sometimes the wife can give you the "Dagger Eyes" when you want to go to too many tourneys, no words necessary, just the scary stare..... <shiver>

You may also find people who want to go to the Daggerbowl, like myself but cannot make both - of course I would rather the 2 day tourney - but that is just me.

Hmmmm.... maybe that is why Marc D'Lasagna wants to move that Daggerbowl to Sept - to ban the Spazz! Stop me from hogging all the trophies! I'm onto ya! Wink

Okay.... I'll shut up now....

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic