NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 06, 2024 - 07:21 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The few. The proud. The three on the line. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XenockOffline
Post subject: starting/learning blood bowl, and a chaos team  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2009 - 05:28 AM

Ok, so I have heard about blood bowl for years, but only now I have decided to play. I don't really know much about it. Can anyone give me any advice for starting blood bowl? I am starting a chaos team, but I dont know how big I should make the team, or how many of a certain type I of player I should use. I do know I will be using a minotaur though..

Reply with quote Back to top
SolarFlareOffline
Post subject: RE: starting/learning blood bowl, and a chaos team  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2009 - 06:06 AM

Chaos is a very difficult team to learn to play with. However, if you just love Chaos and you're willing to take a bit of a beating, here is the best starting lineup (imo) that includes a minotaur:

1 Mino
3 Chaos Warriors
7 Beastmen
2 Rerolls
1 FF or spare treasury (I prefer spare treasury, so I can get the apoth ASAP.)

It will be slow going at first, but after a few games, the team can become quite good. Get the apothecary as your first purchase, because losing the Mino or a CW to injury can be devastating.

Hope this helps.

PubBowlerOffline
Post subject: RE: starting/learning blood bowl, and a chaos team  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2009 - 06:56 AM

Glasgow UK
As the mino is one of the more difficult players to use and Chaos need rerolls more thna other teams with more "reliability" skills, I'd drop him.

400 4 Chaos Warriors
420 7 Beastmen
180 3 rerolls

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: starting/learning blood bowl, and a chaos team  PostPosted: Mar 16, 2009 - 01:22 PM

Hi, Xenock, and welcome to our lovely game!

If you like Chaos, you should just go ahead and play them.

It is true that Chaos are somewhat more difficult to play than other teams, but they are still a decent side. They develop well.

I would recommend the starting team recommended by PubBowler:

4 Chaos Warriors
7 Beastmen
3 Re-rolls

You can buy the Minotaur later.

It is important to start with 3 Re-rolls, as Chaos do not start with any players with the Block or Wrestle skill, or with ball moving skills (e.g. Sure Hands). So you will find you need the Re-rolls.

Chaos have a lot of strong players, and become a tough and feared side over time. However, they can be vulnerable at the beginning because they start without Block and have lots of players with Armour Value 8.

It pays at the beginning to play a Chaos team in a quite conservative style, not taking undue risks. With Chaos, you will learn much about the odds and risk strategies of the game, so it's not a bad place to start if you are brave enough to do so. However, do not expect to win too many games at the beginning.

Once you get the hang of them, you will find that Chaos are a fun side to play.

Hope this helps, and all the best!

mosalvaOffline
Post subject: RE: starting/learning blood bowl, and a chaos team  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2009 - 12:12 PM

United States of America

Chaos are fun but tough. Don't expect to accomplish much in your first few games, but persevere with them.

I prefer to start with the Minotaur. Big guys develop slowly, so the more games he plays the better your chances of him getting skills. Minotaurs also have frenzy and a high strength value. In fact against ST3 opponents you can get 3 block dice rolls if you can get an assist and blitz. Use him in the sidelines to sweep opposing players off the field. The sooner you achieve numerical superiority, the better.

Consider carefully the first skill for your players. You should definetely try and get some "reliability" skills such as sure hands for your ball handler and sure feet for any beastman who is going to go the sprinting way...If youa re lucky to roll doubles consider jump up followed by piling one.

There are two schools of thought regarding the chaos warrior's first skill. Some say block to increase survivability and reliability. Other say mighty blow to really boost the casualty count, and hold block as a second skill. I went the might blow way with my chaos team and worked pretty well.

It's also an issue of how many games you play... in my league I average about 15 games before playoffs.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic