NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 06:57 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Useless Minotaur! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sir_ThomOffline
Post subject: Advice for a new League starting!!  PostPosted: Apr 15, 2009 - 01:28 PM

North NJ
Greetings,

I got a local Game Store convinced to start a BB League. We have 8 players raring to go. This will be new to the Game Store, as they are just getting into Blood Bowl.

I was wondering if any of you Veteran players or League Coordinators would share your experiences and/or pearls of wisdom to help make this league run smooth.

Thank you for your assistance (in advance)!!

Sir Thom

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice for a new League starting!!  PostPosted: Apr 16, 2009 - 01:12 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
A new league I'd strongly recommend a fairly flexible & quick arrangement. Maybe just a normal open league, teams can play as much as they want and after 3 months (or something that suits you) the top 4 teams go into play offs.

Open means you won't be affected by dropouts too badly - and can accomodate new joiners too. Quick means you can work out what you want (or don't want) and change appropriately without being stuck with something for a year.

PubBowlerOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice for a new League starting!!  PostPosted: Apr 17, 2009 - 08:20 AM

Glasgow UK
Be careful not to dominate, easy to do if you're the most "in" to BB.

If you know there is a large ability difference try to encourage lower tier races for the better ones and higher tier for the weaker ones.

smeborgOffline
Post subject: RE: Advice for a new League starting!!  PostPosted: Apr 17, 2009 - 04:15 PM

Allow frequent players to run 2 teams (helps to stop them becoming overly developed, as well as giving everybody more playing opportunities with/against different races). The system I run is that one of these 2 teams must be "handicapped" (i.e. listed as difficult to play with at the end of the rule book - I deleted Dark Elves from the list and added Chaos Pact and Underworld Pact).

Make sure that any experienced players give (impartial) advice to less experienced players on the best inducements to buy. Otherwise the handicapping system can work against newbies.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic