NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 06, 2024 - 03:45 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject: Golden Sweetbun  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 08:50 PM

Canada
http://rubli.ca/Golden-Sweetbun/

Going to start by posting a schedule...not set in stone...
Please let us know what you think about it...problems/ideas/etc etc

8am - 9am registration
9am - 9:30am questions/match ups/etc
9:30am - 11:30am game 1
11:30am - 12:30pm lunch (supplied)
12:30pm - 2:30pm game 2
2:30pm - 2:45pm break
2:45pm - 4:45pm game 3
4:45pm - 5:45pm supper (supplied)(voting best team)
5:45pm - 7:45pm game 4

9am - 11am game 5
11am - 12pm lunch
12pm - 2pm game 6
2pm - ??? awards

Last edited by Taxal on Mar 30, 2009 - 06:10 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Eric.R.Offline
Post subject: RE: Golden Sweetbun  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Vancouver, BC
From a Southern Ontario perspective, the sooner a tourny can be wraped up on Sunday the better. But assuming from the sched. a departure at ~3pm would make for a 9 ~ 9:30 return home. Though knowing that BB'ers are consistantly running late I would account for hitting home more around 11pm. which would stil not be too bad. Beats the 2am return from DBIV and having to work 4 hour later Razz

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Golden Sweetbun  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Canada
Schedule usually isn't a big deal for most of us, it seems along the same lines as most tournies which works out well. Glad to see you guys running an event Dan. Will give me an excuse to go to Montreal again, used to frequent there often but haven't in a few years. You guys should hook up with Feral on NAF, he seems pretty keen on doing something out of Montreal as well.

Take it easy,

Adam

FeralOffline
Post subject: RE: Golden Sweetbun  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2008 - 10:02 PM

Montreal

Hello hello!

Hope we can get the bun to lift! Don't know if I can do anything but I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 01:52 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Feral, Welcome to the scene, pardon my poor spelling & my large amount of beer comsumption (along with my brass postings!!!!!! It's who I am sorry in advance, P.S. , I'm currently drunk....

I'm from Niagara Falls, Ontario & I know as far as Ontario run tournies I'm the farthest to travle to, (but like all the Ontatrio Tournies I offer a different twist, if you'd like to know more abbout my tourney please just ask me.)

Every Ontario Tourney seems to offer a vast variety of different forms of BloodBowl....

From playing in a 4-Way Death-Bowl round every match, to a tourney where every match you play is on a different pitch with totally different weather & kickoff tables. Also don't forget my tourney were you bring two rosters (each playing 3 games, one games 1-3-5 the other games 2-4-6, but one of your teams has a higher TV than your other/ & so you can gain or give up a 50,000 inducement....
Lets not forget the Bongo Bowl with the ever-chalenging & frustrating Dungeon (spelling) Bowl matches! Then you have the "Lakeside Cup' (quike possibly the best meal you will ever get at a tourney!) With the Lakeside Cup all the Parpicipents (spelling) are divided based on home address geography location to either Team East or Team West. Matches are formed with only East vs West Coaches formed every round. (Peter being from Coburg (spelling) is the odd man out & will at last minute form the final spot of the East or West.... An Excellant tourney indeed!

Also despite a year of absence, If it returns there's the longest running tourney in Canada (Orriginally the Orrion Cup, turned into the Canadian Open! (But last year the Canadian Open was not run.) We can only hope for its return, along with it's record numbers of attendance!)

Rod

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 07:02 AM

Canada
Schedule looks good, although having a game in 2 hours is tough (unless you plan to use timers).

Do you have a date in mind?

Cramy

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 07:27 AM

Canada
For the majority of us all 2 hours is very doable...3 1/2 minute turns comes up to just under 2 hours (if my math is good).

May 30th / 31st is the date that seems to be perfect for us. Not going to be anything very crazy, but all Halfling teams will get some bonus stuff. Being held by the Halfling community......
Wanted to find something random and fun, but will not change the game too much.....
Pat came up with this random skill and please let us know what you think of it.....

TV 110
no player can have more than three up-grades
all teams can be used (including the three new ones)

random skills
At registration you will pick 2 balls out of a box and those balls will represent two skills that you get for free. There will be no attribute or mutations possible. There will be one ball that will give you any skill you wish.

In between games 2 and 4 each coach will roll the dice to get one more upgrade. This roll will be like in league play, so attributes , mutations , etc etc will be available.

The Halfling community has paid off the wizards to help make sure it stays nice through out the tournament.

Kick-off table will be modified to represent the Halfling lands.

Because all games are taking place on Halfling fields, which are lush green grass. All armour rolls taken will be at a -1 to represent the soft landing. A roll of 11 or 12 will always injure. All injury rolls will stay normal. Any amour rolls taken from being pushed into the crowd are normal.

Again please let us know what you think of this.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 07:39 AM

Canada
K, I tihnk I found my next tourney to bring a halfling team. I feel they would have a slight advantage being it is their own tournament (hahah, yeah right).

Now I just need to find some halfling figs, a treeman, and a Master Chef and I should be all good.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 07:54 AM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
At registration you will pick 2 balls out of a box and those balls will represent two skills that you get for free. There will be no attribute or mutations possible. There will be one ball that will give you any skill you wish.

So if I understand this correctly then, the balls will have the skill printed right on them? Interesting....

Is there going to be any incentive for halfling teams?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 01:56 PM

Canada
Yes for sure Halflings will have some incentive. Nothing crazy....working on stuff right now.

As far as the balls go...will probably go with bingo balls or something along that line for the first one.

With TV 110 to build and then getting two more random skills and with two more skills during the tournament I think it will make for some good games.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2008 - 03:00 PM

Canada
Mighty Sweetbun!

Brilliant!

I showed the boys back home the data from CCKO 07 and they all loved the mighty sweetbuns name. Loving the theme being continued.

Good luck!

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2008 - 11:47 AM

Canada
Ok things are starting to move forward and just need everyones imput on the schedule.... the first day is quite simple. The second day is this one good for everyone or would you all rather one hour ahead. that would mean finishing game 6 around 3 instead of 2.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2008 - 11:56 AM

Canada
Speaking as one of those who would probably be travelling the firthest distance, I opt for the earlier finish.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2008 - 08:03 PM

Canada
I prefer earlier as well.

Cramy

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 08, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Canada
I don't mind either way to tell you the truth, but for those who must travel back to TO or Niagara earlier may be better. For any of us from the Ottawa area it's only 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get home so not a big deal either way.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic