NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 04:17 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are the world champions! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject: Deathbowl 2010 Update  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2010 - 09:57 AM

Canada
Just wanted to send out an update with regards to Deathbowl as I know a few of you were wondering already. We are waiting on final confirmation from the Legion but have tentatively booked it for October 23-24th.

We have been test playing the new LOS and it works out really well for all teams involved. Definitely levels the playing field between bash and speed teams. The sliding scale for attribute increases will be removed and attribute increases will return to there normal value to purchase. Those seem to be the major changes. It will still be 125 Team Rating as per the norm. We have yet to decide on the Year of the Slann *Bonus* for Slann teams but are leaning towards a Magic Item card either at a reduced cost or free. We will have everything finalized and posted shortly.

On a side note we may have an additional surprise at the tourney if all goes as planned so keep a lookout. Take it easy all,

Adam.

Reply with quote Back to top
Rando
Post subject: RE: Deathbowl 2010 Update  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2010 - 04:14 PM

Canada
Great news, thanks for the update!

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2010 - 11:09 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
hmmm, gots my eyes on Best Team Award this Year, this time with Nurgle & you all will be infected, even Dan's Mom!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2010 - 01:06 PM

Canada
She already is infected.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2010 - 03:52 PM

Canada
Tell me something I don't know!!! Spazz took care of that in MTL and even got an autographed photo to boot!

@ Rando, no problem hope your able to make it out.

@Clan-Skaven, Nurgle was actually test played already and seem to not be at such a disadvantage anymore, plus the Beast is a bi**h to get off the balls if there turn happens to be first. Wondering what kind of stuff you'll come up with this time...just no horn this time please Razz

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Canada
Any who's idea was the new LOC? Wink

Eric.R.Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2010 - 10:12 PM

Vancouver, BC
      Ben wrote:

Any hoo's no wear u learn to spoke Inglisch? Wink

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2010 - 11:16 PM

Canada
      Ben wrote:

I believe Joe and Glenn were discussing it last Deathbowl to level the playing field between speed and bash teams and not have to keep the sliding scale for attribute increases. In playing a few test games it does have a significant impact as it pretty much allows everyone the same opportunity to get to a ball and possibly score. Although it also allows people to defend a score quite well as all teams are forced to action immediately instead of the first turn being mostly just moving players forward.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2010 - 06:04 AM

Canada
Yeah, no more sitting back for that first turn waiting for everyone else to engage their opponenets. Now, the teams across the pitch can reach each other in one turn easily.

Rando
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2010 - 03:42 PM

Canada
Clan-Skaven!

I too have been planning an award winning Nurgle team to bring to Deathbowl (having retired that other "award" winning team of mine; the underworld Detritivore Lions).

It's on!!!

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 - 11:15 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Rando wrote:
Clan-Skaven!

I too have been planning an award winning Nurgle team to bring to Deathbowl (having retired that other "award" winning team of mine; the underworld Detritivore Lions).

It's on!!!

Ba-hahahaha!!!!

errr um seriously this team is shooting for one award only & that is best team award if my Nurgle team actually wins a game I'll be surprised!

If it makes you laugh or grouses you out, I'm happy! (it did its job!)

& all I will say "the horn is back baby the horn is back!

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 - 10:50 PM

Canada
Okay Gents & Ladies, this year's Deathbowl is officially booked for October 23-24th at Montgomery Legion as usual. I tried posting the tourney but it appears it needs approval before being posted I believe. Rules have all been sorted out and just need to speak with Eric to finalize and post on the website so registration will be available. Everything else is well under way, and looking good (ie Dice, trophies, etc.)

Having a lot of fun brainstorming ideas with my bro on this, since it is my first time organizing a tourney. Love it and can't wait!!

Here is a quick over view of the rules in the meantime,

We will be using the CRP/LRB 6 set of standard rules, 125 Team Rating, All skill improvements including Stat increases will return to there normal costs, will be 3 1/2 minute timer for turns, The Line of Scrimmage will be changed (moved 4 squares ahead) or 10 squares from your endzone if you haven't played DB before. All other standard LOS rules still apply (3 players on the line, no more than 2 in the widezones). Pitch setup will change slightly as players from different teams are able to line up in each others widezones. On initial set-up a D6 roll will take place and the lowest roll will set-up there players first. Another D6 roll will take place and the highest roll will determine whose turn it is first. Is the fairest way to start the game off considering the new LOS. This will be repeated to start the 2nd Half of the game. If someone scores a TD you must roll a D6 for set-up only.

Illegal Procedures will be removed, but feel free to give a friendly or not so friendly reminder if someone continually disregards their turn marker!!! Very Happy After much deliberating we have decided to change the tie breakers as well
1. # of Wins
2. Record vs. Direct Opponent
3. Combined TD & Cas +/-
4. TD For
5. CAS For
6. If it ever gets to this point...take it out to the Parking Lot!!!

And lastly we have decided that The Year of the Slann will bring a Mage Priest's best efforts in ruining the opponents chances of winning, thus all Slann teams will be allowed to choose one Magic Item card per half to reflect the quality of Mages showing up for the event to aid in there races dominance over others.

Any questions feel free to ask, see you all soon.

Adam.

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2010 - 10:26 AM

Canada
Tie breaker question:

1. # of Wins.

Is this wins on the whole table?

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2010 - 08:16 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Tie breaker question:

1. # of Wins.

Is this wins on the whole table?

No, just your straight win loss record. For instance if someone goes 2 wins-2 losses and is tied with another person that had 1 win-3 ties (without any extra table bonuses, or the same amount) they would both have 6 points in total but the person with the 2 wins would have the first tie breaker.

Now for this to come into play at deathbowl will be rare considering all the table bonuses and painting bonus that are accounted for.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 02, 2010 - 07:41 AM

Undisclosed
      Rando wrote:
Clan-Skaven!

It's on!!!

Dear Rando and Clan-Skaven,

Good luck. You'll need it.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic