NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 05:17 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
What are the odds I'd roll another one? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRMED  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2011 - 07:39 PM

Many coaches dubbed this event "best tournament of the year", because of the team spirit and the amazing food! Don't miss it this year.

West vs East:
Like precedent years, it will be West vs East (the coaches are split in 2 teams). Will the East win again ?

[diversity rule removed]

Schedule:

Saturday July 23
Breakfast 8:00am
Registration 8:30am - 9:45am
Game 1 10:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Game2 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Game3 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Game4 6:00pm -8:00pm

Sunday July 24
Breakfast 8:00am
Game 5 9:00am - 11:00am
Game 6 11:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch 1:00pm
Price: 45$ (Includes food for the entire week end and lodging)
Where: In Cobourg, at Pete's place, he can host any number of coaches, but if we are more than 30, we might have to bring our tents Wink
223 Ruttan Terrace
Cobourg, Ontario

directions: http://rubli.ca/lakeside-cup/

Team creation
Coaches have 1250 GP to build there team (LRB6/CRP + 3 non-GW rosters). This can be use to buy players, 0-2 star-players (If a star-player is present in two teams playing each other, the star players are a bit confused, but still playing as normal), apothecary, and skills. Halflings can hire a Master Chief for 100kGP. Goblins and Underworld can purchase Bribes at a cost of 50kGP. Skills cost: Regular skills (20kGP), "Double" skills (30kGP), Mouv and AV (30kGP), AG (40kGP) and ST (50kGP).

Each Team has a Captain and two Assistants:
The Captain has the "Leader" skill for free, and has to have at least one other skill purchased. There is no limit to the number of skills the captain has.
The Assistants may have up to 2 skills.
The other players may have ONLY ONE skill.
Star Players cannot be Captains nor receive a skill during team creation.

Scoring system & game pairing
Most likely, the first four games will be randomly decided (so a coach of the West will play 4 different coaches of the East). The last 2 games might be decided by the TO to have the best players facing each other.

team points
2 points for win towards team
1 point for tie towards team
0 point for loss towards team

individual points
3 points for win
1 point for tie
0 point for loss

for tie breaks:
1. points
2 . wins
3. touch downs
4. plus/minus of both td and casualties
5. head to head

Team progression
This is a Swiss-type tournament. Everything is reset after each game: no after-match sequence is required (no gain of gold, experience, fan factor and the injured come back).
The Captains get a further upgrade after each game.

You can register or contact me by PM.
Laurent, on behalf of Pete.

- Jrock56 (Ottawa) - Lizards
- Zap_Rowsdower (Ottawa) - Chaos Dwarf
- Dwarf Runner (Ottawa) - Norse
- orxymandiuz (Ottawa) - Dwarf
- runki_khrum (Ottawaish) - Skaven
-
- 2 future Kings of bloodbowl - (Binghamton - USA) - Bjorn and ???
-
- Diaperman (Cobourg)
- Peter Meers (Cobourg, odd man out)
-
- Clan-Skaven (Niagara Falls)
-
- Eric R. (Toronto)
- Wapcaplets (Toronto)
- Spazzfist (Toronto)
- Stimme (Toronto)
- Lizardcore (Toronto)
-
-

Last edited by Lizardcore on Jul 22, 2011 - 09:33 AM; edited 23 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2011 - 07:56 PM

Canada
Good job Laurent, we were just talking about that. Pete needs to get going on this, inquiring minds need too know.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2011 - 06:31 AM

updated

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2011 - 09:29 AM

Undisclosed
I've got to try and defend my MVP title. I'm in!

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2011 - 02:23 PM

Canada
I'm in. East will rise again and crush the West. Can anyone say 4-peat. And yes, this tournament rocks. Sitting in the garage Friday night drinking and eating corn is a blast. What will Spazz dress up this time as? No one knows.

orxymandiuzOffline
Post subject: RE: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July  PostPosted: Jun 17, 2011 - 11:20 PM

Count me in as well!

orxymandiuzOffline
Post subject: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRMED  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Lizardcore wrote:

- orxymandiuz (?????)

I'm from Ottawa, although "Orxymandiuz, from parts unknown" does have a certain ring to it! Very Happy

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRMED  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2011 - 05:05 PM

Canada
I'm in fo' show, gotta go for my 2nd victory in a row with the likes of the Gnome from the Meadowlands!! Razz Eastern dominance will remain the same I'm sure!!

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRMED  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
I'm in for sure. Go west!

I promise I won't play Ogres, Laurent. Smile

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRME  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2011 - 06:44 PM

jrock56 wrote:
I'm in fo' show, gotta go for my 2nd victory in a row with the likes of the Gnome from the Meadowlands!! Razz Eastern dominance will remain the same I'm sure!!

This time I'll be there Wink Remember last time ? I beat you with 1 player Very Happy

jrock56Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRME  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2011 - 02:18 AM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:
      jrock56 wrote:

This time I'll be there Wink Remember last time ? I beat you with 1 player Very Happy

It was a fluke the last time...and if you remember the overall results were still the same, The East winning!! You have yet to face the Gnome and his minions but they'll put you to the test Very Happy

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRME  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2011 - 05:34 PM

jrock56 wrote:
It was a fluke the last time...and if you remember the overall results were still the same, The East winning!! You have yet to face the Gnome and his minions but they'll put you to the test Very Happy

Yeah, I lost against Cramy, and that cost us the cup Embarassed

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONFIRME  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 - 07:43 AM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:

Yeah, I lost against Cramy, and that cost us the cup Embarassed

Yeah, but Cramy crammed it in his cram hole and has not been around for a while, so the East lost their best player.

I think the East have been lulled into their false sense of security for long enough! Time to take it to them!

Go West!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 - 10:42 AM

Canada
Yeah, cuz since Cramy hasn't been around we have had a hard time winning against the West. Oh wait, no, we still won 99% of the time. Apparently Laurent is the only one that can win any games on the West. So now they may get afew more points. Still not enough to win, but afew.

jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Lakeside Cup, Cobourg, ON, 23-24 July - CONF  PostPosted: Jun 20, 2011 - 12:56 PM

Canada
I think I remember a 54 matches played with only 1 Victory from the West...weren't there 5 guys on the East with a 6-0 record!!! Hell I finished 8th out of 9 players on the East that year going 4-1-1. Last year the West tried to put there best foot forward but just ask Tristan how that turned out Very Happy I remember a 10-1 mancount advantage for the West and they still couldn't put it in the endzone!!!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic