NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 06:52 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I'm so good I lick my own arm rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
crazylegsOffline
Post subject: I need a fumbling clarification for my next game...  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 02:34 PM

Hey,

I'm pretty sure I've got the right take on this rule, but since I'm playing a very "throw-teamate" inclined halfling team this week I wanted to check. I play dwarfs, and my plan to stop his aerial scoring machine (he's one of the highest scoring teams in the league) is to, instead of keeping guys back, I'm going to swarm the treemen, either forcing them not to throw, or putting major negatives on the throw, and hopefully causing fumbles. So here's the thing I want to make sure I've got right:

If he rolls a modified '1' to throw it's a fumble, thus if I have say 3 dwarves in his tackle zone, unless he rolls a 5+, it's a fumble, the halfling gets hurt, and if he was carrying the ball, it's a turnover.

Is this last statement correct?

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 02:44 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Yes.

If you get the choice kick to him at the start, especially if the tree(s) are missing. Then spend the whole half beating up the halflings. Longbeards are excellent for taking them out. Hopefully by the end of the 2nd half he wont have enough players left to 1 turn at the end.

crazylegsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 03:27 PM

1 of the trees is the starplayer, so he's going to have at least 1. What you said is kinda my plan, I figure to augment that if I put a couple guys into the tackle zone of the tree(s) then I can at least make him think twice about going for the quick score, and get in some extra hits...

we'll see how it goes...

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 04:00 PM

United States of America
Your strategy should be to inflict as much damage as possible. With his AV you can decimate his squad and have an easy time in the second half. Make a good net of Tackle players across the field.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 04:54 PM
Former President

England
Wait..lemmie get this right...there's advice being given here on how to beat 'Flings with Dwarves?

JasonCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 05:12 PM

Looks that way. I can now offically say it.
I have seen everything.

crazylegsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 - 05:26 PM

First I only wanted to make sure I had the fumbling rule correct.

Second his "flings" as you so call them looking down your nose, are (I believe) the second highest scoring team in a 14 team league. He plays his team well, and since we are 11 games into the season he's got some "flings" that have AG4 (they land well), his non-starplayer treeman has PASS + ACCURATE, and the league allows allies, so he has a human thrower, and some form of elf... this isn't a cakewalk team. My team is leading the league in casualties (54 after 10 games), so I want to continue hitting him, but I wanted to make sure that I could delay his quick scores by getting tackle zones on his treemen, and once he scores I can hopefully play ball control the rest of the game.

Halflings played well, with some advancements in the team, can be a powerful offense, and knowing he's going to take D3 rerolls away from my team, that beyond picking up the ball, often struggles to do anything that requires agility, I don't want to take this opponent lightly (as others have) and be looking at a 4 - 2 score at the end of the game...

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 02:08 AM
Da Warboss

England
I didn't think Pass or Accurate had any impact on Throw Team Mate? I thought Pass was specifically for throwing the ball only...

NAF #60

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 02:16 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I thought you could use Pass, but not accurate.

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 02:35 AM

England
I tohught you could use both, basically the throw team mate uses up your teams pass action, so surely you should be able too use all your passing skills.

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 03:00 AM

It is stated somewhere (I think on blood-bowl.net) exactly what skills you can use with a TTM....

RedfangOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 03:02 AM

yep, here it is, in the 2002 rules review:

Quote:
Clarify with both Throw Team-Mate and Pass Block which skills can be used in conjuction with them.
BBRC response: Throw Team-Mate can only have Pass, Pro, or Leader used with it. Pass Block may use any skill other than Sprint, Sure Feet, and Jump Up (ie you must be standing already to use Pass Block and since you cannot GFI during a Pass Block, you cannot use Sprint or Sure Feet)

http://www.blood-bowl.net/BBRC_HotList2002.html

R

ValenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 03:30 AM

England
No accurate? Harsh!

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject: Re: I need a fumbling clarification for my next game...  PostPosted: Jun 06, 2003 - 06:57 AM

crazylegs wrote:
If he rolls a modified '1' to throw it's a fumble, thus if I have say 3 dwarves in his tackle zone, unless he rolls a 5+, it's a fumble, the halfling gets hurt, and if he was carrying the ball, it's a turnover.

Is this last statement correct?

The Halfling isn't automatically "hurt" - you must still make an AV roll for him. Otherwise, you have it down pat.

-Chet

JJBOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2003 - 08:27 AM

Why was 'accurate' taken off the list of skills that could be used while throwing a team mate? One has to be already lucky to roll a double for a big guy (since those guys are not predictable and therefore their skill development is hard to control...), so I am surprised that the investment in such a non-aggressive skill (i.e. not one aimed at injuring the opponent) as accurate for a big guy cannot be allowed (at least to throw a team mate...).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic