NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 05, 2024 - 12:42 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
No sir, this isn't my Death-Roller. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
When would you be most likely to attend a non-UCon Blood Bowl Michigan tournament?
September
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
October
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
December
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
January
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Later than January
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

CervidalOffline
Post subject: Gauging interest in a Michigan Tourney  PostPosted: Jun 15, 2003 - 01:35 PM

November 14-16, 2003 is the date of the UCon tourney in Ann Arbor, run by the all-powerful JKL. Definitely THE Blood Bowl tournament of the year to go to in Michigan.

Well, I'd like to make a second tournament of the same kind of magnitude right here in the Lansing area. In addition to being NAF sponsored, it would carry the weight of a Rogue Trader Tournament. It turns out that GW is offering this possibility in the near future and I would like to take advantage of this.

I openly encourage all folk to participate in the UCon tournament but, if possible, I would like to see people attend both! So now I have this poll up and running to see when people would be most likely to attend this other tournament.

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2003 - 10:02 AM

United States of America
Just keep it during the Red Wings season and you'll increase your odds of this attendee Smile

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 09:48 PM

AAAAGGGHH!

This just seems to be getting worse and worse. I'm going to be moving to Maryland in July. Just missed the Baltimore Gamesday. Going to miss the Chaos Cup in Chicago due to lack of money for travel at that time. And now I'm going to miss a big Michigan tournament in my old backyard!

grumble grumble grumble

hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 23, 2003 - 09:51 PM

Ignoring the above post, I'd actually be willing to come back to Michigan for this, considering my family is around, and I have at least three Blood Bowl players in the East Lansing area who would attend (non-NAF coaches).

I'd prefer this be in the Spring, to be a little farther away from the UCon tournament. UCon is great and all, but it wouldn't be fun having both tournaments so close to each other. And considering a lot of the attendees will be college students (both tournaments in college towns), it would be nice to have one tournament in each semester.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 24, 2003 - 01:26 AM
Da Warboss

England
I'd love to come, but unless you all want to band together and get me a plane ticket and accomodation for me and the missus it looks like I'll have to sit it out Sad

NAF #60

CervidalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2003 - 02:06 AM

Well, it'll either be the third or fourth week of January. That's the time I can get the store and that's the time that most folks would likely be willing to come. Now I simply need to figure out a price. The bigger the price, the bigger the prize so I have to figure out a balance.

hoxworthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2003 - 09:36 AM

What store would this be? Fortress? I know I can get two or three players to attend, if the price isn't too steep. Really, the prize isn't worth as much as attending in my opinion.

CervidalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2003 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, at the Fortress. My goal is 24 folk, and I think I can count on 16 between folk I know locally and the OBL. I'm hoping that between posting here and talkbloodbowl.com and the White Dwarf press this'll get I can find another eight. If I can find that many, I can probably go $25 for a weekend of gaming. If I could hit the magical estimate of thirty, then I could charge a mere $20.

tinywvOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 17, 2003 - 08:45 PM

WV US
Michigan in January....hmmm, sounds like fun to me! Very Happy How do you sign up?

CervidalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 18, 2003 - 12:30 AM

Well... maybe it won't be QUITE so cold anymore... it's goign to be the the tail end of January/first weekend of February. Jan. 31st through Feb. 1st.

JasonCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 04:10 PM

Whats the status of this event? I will show ( and be defeated) If its a go, and I dont have to work.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic