NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 03:50 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Ask Lord Borak rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: BLINGTOOF'S GITBASH II: November 10-11, 2012 (Milton, Ont.)  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
BLINGTOOF'S GITBASH 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

TOURNEY INFO

The Fouling Frenzy known as Blingtoof's Gitbash will be returning for its follow-up event. This will be the official thread for the tournament but please do check out http://www.blingtoof.com and follow @blingtoof on Twitter!

DATES
- Saturday November 10th, 2012 (3 games)
- Sunday November 11th, 2012 (2 games)

PRE-REGISTRATION
- CLICK HERE for full details on pre-registration
- Pre-registration is available until Sunday, November 4, 2012

900 Nipissing Road
Milton Ontario
L9T 4Z4
CANADA

COST
- NAF Members: $20
- Non-NAF Members: $25 (I'll put the extra $5 towards your NAF membership if you sign up)

Half of the tournament fees ($10 per person) will be given as a donation to The Deck. I will give people a $10 discount on their tournament fees if people want to make a $10 minimum donation to The Deck for which you will get a tax receipt.

TEAM BUILDING

The text herein is a high-level summary. Please refer to the 2012 Blingtoof Rules PDF for full rules. Items in the PDF in red are changes/edits from the 2011 rules.

- TV is 1140
- All teams must have at least one Goblin Player on them (i.e. 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty)
- Teams can have as many Goblin Players as they wish
- Teams with at least three Goblin Players are "Sanctioned Teams."
- Big Guys (i.e. players that start with ST5 or more) can only receive Normal skills unless they're on a sanctioned team
- Teams get one of the following Upgrade Packages:

Stat Pack - One player gets a ST or AG increase, another player gets an AV or MA increase.
Five Pack - For Normal skills and one Double skill; each player may only get one upgrade.
The Double-Deuce - Two different players get two Normal skills each.

- In addition to the above, Goblin teams (i.e. up to 2 Trolls, Secret Weapons, and Goblin Players) receive an additional Double skill and Dirty Player is considered a Normal skill for Goblin Players on Goblin teams (both during team creation and between rounds).
- Sanctioned Teams may purchase bribes as permanent roster additions. The first bribe purchased this way costs only 50K. Goblin teams may purchase up to three bribes this way at 50K each.
- After selecting an upgrade package, each coach may give one Goblin Player on his team the “Fan Favourite” skill for free. This may be a player that has already been upgraded.
- Coaches may have Star Players with the Stunty skill (except for Brick Far’th and Grotty) as permanent additions to their rosters.

TEAM PROGRESSION
- After each round, the tournament director will randomly determine an upgrade that must go to a Goblin Player. Coaches will be told what the upgrades are before they select the players to receive these upgrades.
- Star Players may never be given upgrades.
- Only Goblin Players may receive more than two upgrades between team creation and progression between rounds.
- NOTE: One significant change from last year is that only Goblin Players will receive upgrades between rounds.

OTHER TOURNAMENT RULES
Make sure you check out the 2012 Blingtoof Rules PDF for full details on FOULING PONTS (the second most presigious prize at the tournament), sneaking players on to the pitch, and all the other goblin-y goodness that will greet you at BLINGTOOF'S GITBASH 2012!!!

TROLL BOWL ON SATURDAY NIGHT!
What is Troll Bowl you ask? Why, it's multi-player Blood Bowl on a Death Bowl pitch where each player's entire team consists of 1 goblin and 1 troll, or course! CLICK HERE for more details.

Need incentive? The winner gets a Willy Troll!

PITCHES, BITCHES!
I've had FF-Fields make up a totally sweet custom Blingtoof's Gitbash pitch (click on image for a hi-res version):

If you want one of these awesome pitches I'm putting together a group order. The pitch is available either as a roll-up vinyl mat or the rigid "puzzle piece" variety that comes in 8 segments that snap together. The roll-up pitches are €35 (approx. $46) and the puzzle-piece pitches are €45 (approx $59). I will be putting in an order for these fields on 15-May-2012. Anyone that would like one of these amazing pitches can order one with a non-refundable deposit of $20 for a roll-up pitch and $30 for a puzzle-piece version; deposits must be received on or before 15-May-2012. I'll collect the balance from you once they arrive and the currency conversion is done. Those ordering pitches will also be required to pay a share of the shipping charge. Predicting what that will be is hard because it totally depends on the number of pitches ordered but you should count on it likely being at least $10 as the pitches are coming from Italy. I'll make individual arrangements with people to get their pitches to them and do everything I can to make sure you're not waiting longer than absolutely necessary.

There will be the following in-game advantage to playing on a Blingtoof pitch!

HOME FEELD UDVANTIG
If you are playing your game on a Blingtoof’s Gitbash FF-Fields pitch that you own you may subtract 1 from all of your “Cheet To Win” rolls. If both coaches brought a Blingtoof pitch to the game then they each receive this bonus. If only one coach brings a Blingtoof pitch to the game then the game must be played on that pitch.

IMPACT MINIATURES ORDER
Impact Miniatures has generously agreed to sponsor this tournament again. Essentially, you can order anything from the Impact Miniatures site at 10% off EXCEPT everything in the Gaming Mats & Dugouts section (those items can still be ordered but do not receive a discount). Impact will then donate 20% of the pre-discount value of the items ordered as prize support. For example, if we order $1000 worth of stuff we'll only pay $900 for it at 10% off and Impact will donate $200 worth of prizes ($1000 x 20%). This worked out great last year and I'm thrilled that Impact is offering us this deal again.

I will organize two group orders. The first order will be made on 15-May-2012 and the second order will be made on 15-Sep-2012. As with the pitches, I'll do everything I can to get your items to you in a timely fashion either by meeting up with you if you're in the Toronto area or bringing them to a tournament like Lakeside Cup. I will also cover the cost of shipping. Anyone ordering more than $10 worth of items will need to get me the money by the above order dates for your items to be included. Interac e-mail transfers are the easiest but cheques and cash work, too.

So get on over to Impact Miniatures and pick some stuff! E-mail the items that you would like to order to blingtoof@engler.ca.

ACCOMMODATIONS
I'm happy to announce that Alex Matusiak (Apartment42) has come through in a BIG way to help out those coming from out-of-town. Alex has access to a friend's house in the nearby town of Rockwood where there is relatively abundant but finite space available for people to crash at no charge. If you want to make use of this space, please get in touch with Alex at alex@thehobble.com.

This space is available on a first-come-first-served basis so bear that in mind when you're making your plans. Additionally, please ensure that you bring everything you need in terms of bedding & linen (blanket/sleeping bag, pillow, air mattress, towel, etc.) as you'll be required to provide this yourself. It's about a 20-25 minute drive from the house to the tournament so you'll still need wheels to get yourself to and from the house in Rockwood but it's so great that Alex is making available a free accommodation option for people.

If you'd rather stay at a hotel the two following locations are closest to the tournament:

- Holiday Inn Express
- Best Western Plus

Last edited by wapcaplets on Aug 29, 2012 - 08:42 PM; edited 8 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 04:01 PM

United States of America
I'm there!

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 06:47 PM

Germany
It's gonna be awesome!
My guess: this will be one of the biggest goblin-themed blood bowl tournaments in Milton EVER!

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Canada
I lived in Milton for a year back in !978/79. It was a foul place indeed! Haha! I hope to return for this event.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: Re: BLINGTOOF'S GITBASH II: November 10-11, 2012 (Milton, On  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 08:54 PM

wapcaplets wrote:

TEAM PROGRESSION
- After each round, the tournament director will randomly determine an upgrade that must go to a Goblin Player. Coaches will be told what the upgrades are before they select the players to receive these upgrades.
- Big Guys may only be given upgrades other than Normal skills if they are on a Sanctioned Team.

I guess there is a little copy/paste mistake here Wink

XtremeOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 11:07 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Jonny_P wrote:
I'm there!

I was considering going but if this guy is going to be there....

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 06:37 AM

Canada
Oh, I was gonna go, but if "Main Guy" and "Other Guy" are making the trip, I am DEFFINETLY going.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 07:18 AM

United States of America
I can already tell the internets will be buzzing in November

"Main Guy Gets Road Head on the way to Toronto!"

Xtreme is mad because we rolled off and he lost.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 08:37 AM

Toronto, ON
Do they have hotels in Milton or do you have to construct a shelter in the woods or something?

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
      AnthonyTBBF wrote:
Do they have hotels in Milton or do you have to construct a shelter in the woods or something?

For sure. Here are two of the name brand hotels that are relatively nearby (under 5 minute drive)

Holiday Inn Express
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/milton/ymzhp/hoteldetail

Best Western Plus
http://bestwesternontario.com/hotels/best-western-plus-milton

Those wishing to go the shelter route do so at their own peril. Smile

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Canada
      Jonny_P wrote:
I can already tell the internets will be buzzing in November

"Main Guy Gets Road Head on the way to Toronto!"

Xtreme is mad because we rolled off and he lost.

That's the worst time to roll 1's.

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 02:00 PM

Any hosting alternatives than hotels ? (even though it's in a while)

DaggersOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 02:32 PM

Canada
      Lizardcore wrote:

Cheap French Bastard!! Get a real job ;P

LizardcoreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 02:46 PM

@ Dwarfy: It's more for sharing he fun spirit of a bloodbowl week end together with nice Canadian fellows than to save a couple bucks, Biatch !

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BLINGTOOF  PostPosted: Mar 22, 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
      Lizardcore wrote:

I'm working on something and will post info closer to the date.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic