NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 23, 2024 - 12:22 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Mamma Mia... Luca Toni! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaggersOffline
Post subject: Dagger Bowl VI - Ottawa, ON - Feb. 23rd, 2013  PostPosted: Jan 22, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Canada
Monster Mayhem on the gridiron...both on and off the pitch....

This tournament is part of the East Coast Grand Prix (ECGP)...

Kick-Off table
Rules

DATE:
February 23rd, 2013

1228 Southwood Dr.
Ottawa, ON

COST:
$25-NAF members, $35- Non-NAF members (with $10 going towards NAF membership sign-up). The returning Champion from last year gets a $5 discount.

Food included.

TOURNAMENT:
4-games of Blood Bowl. Swiss-style match-ups after game 1. Tournament points are W/T/L - 3/1/0. The Monster themed modified Kick-off table is in effect.

TEAM BUILD:
1.15mil team build to start. Each coach must purchase a minimum of 11 players. You may also purchase re-rolls, fan factor, assistant coaches, cheerleaders and apothecaries. No skills or stat increases of any kind may be purchased.

All Monster/Big Guys are 1/2 price and come with Pro for free, except for Ogre teams, their Big Guys are full price, but may purchase snotlings for 1/2 price (10k instead of 20k), but all Ogres still get Pro for free. Prices for Monsters/Big Guys is as follows:
Minotaur…………………………………………………$80,000
Treeman………………………………………………..$60,000
Ogre…………………………………………………..….$70,000
Troll………………………………………………..…….$60,000
Beast of Nurgle……………………………………..$70,000
Kroxigor………………………………….…………….$70,000
Yhetee………………………………………..………..$70,000
Rat Ogre……………………………………..………..$80,000
Deathroller…………………………………….……. $80,000

INDUCEMENTS
Most races are not allowed to purchase inducements or star players for the tournament. However, a couple of the inducements are permitted for Goblin and Halfling teams.

The Goblin team may purchase 0-3 Bribes for 50,000 gps each.

The Halfling team may purchase a Halfling Master Chef for 50,000gps or Deeptroot Strongbranch for 250,000 gps.
**You are allowed to have two treeman AND Deeproot on your team simultaneously.

TEAM IMPROVEMENTS
Each team may give out the following skills:
• 2 regular skills + 1 doubles skills
or:
• 3 regular skills

As well, to promote race diversity, certain races are given additional skills. The following races get additional skills as listed.
• Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elves, Elves, Humans, Khemri, Nurgle, Slann
o 1 additional regular skill

• Halflings, Goblins, Ogres, Vampires, Underworld
o 1 additional regular skill + 1 additional doubles skill

No player may recieve more than one skill upgrade during team creation. And no more than one of each skill may be taken during team creation.

More information to follow...

Attendees:
1 Adam J (odd man out)
2 Mark H (odd man out)
3 Mike O
4 Gord M
5 Chris E
6 Peter M
7 Colin K
8 Ryan M
9 Manu L
10 Colin R
11 Francois C
12 Kohl H
13 Ryan H
14 Leathan K

Maybe
Glenn J
Stephane C
Pat L
Stephanie L
Pat G

Last edited by Daggers on Feb 25, 2013 - 04:55 AM; edited 24 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
GritherOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2013 - 09:55 PM

United States of America
Wish I could make it up again, not happening this year though. Have a great smash fest with the Bigs!

Gulag_UragOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Since you didn't let a broken leg stop you from treking up to the cold and inhospitable wasteland to beat me last year, I cringe at the thought of what is keeping you at bay this time around. Wink

I am already trying to wriggle the boys free of the vice like grip that impedes my tournament life. Put me down for a definite and solid "maybe" Mark. A quick shave and some butter could increase that to a "probably" but I will wait until closer to the deadline so the curlies don't grow back to early.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 24, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Canada
@Grither - WTF?!?!? Can't you swing another business trip to our fiar city? Too bad, you will be missed.

@Gulag_Urag - Do you want me to shave and bring the butter? The boys in the vice-grip is your own problem.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2013 - 06:08 AM

Canada
So, I normally don't like changing rules last minute, but enough people have asked about the tiered skillset created for CCKO that I thought to incorporate it into Dagger Bowl. Original post has been updated. Now everyone can bring Halflings, hurray....

As well, I will be posting the official rulset and custom kick-off table momentarily (better late than never)....

Also, I would like to get an idea of numbers, so can people let me know if they are coming or not so I can organize food.

Thanks.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Canada
I am also going to try something a little different for sportsmanship. Since I don't want to remove it entirely, but find the currently used system is not ideal, I am going to try out the following:

Sportsmanship
At the end of the tournament, each coach will score their opponents on sportsmanship, ranking them from 1-4 (1 being the lowest, 4 being the highest score). These scores are ranked from your tournament experience, so giving one coach a score of one (1) does not mean he was a bad opponent, it simply means he was not your favorite game. At the end of the tournament, the scores will be added up, and the highest scoring total will be crowned “Mr. Nice Guy”. As well, the average of your score over the 4 games will be added to your total game play points to decide final positioning.

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Undisclosed
      Dwarfrunner wrote:
So, I normally don't like changing rules last minute, but enough people have asked about the tiered skillset created for CCKO that I thought to incorporate it into Dagger Bowl. Original post has been updated. Now everyone can bring Halflings, hurray....

Gee. Now I have to re-tool my list, jackass. Talk about succumbing to peer pressure! :P

I suppose now that my Slann will be a bit better off now, so thanks I guess. Looking forward to it. See y'all then.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Canada
Yeah, I know. But I actually liked the bonus skills concept. So it works. Now you can dominate even more with your Slann.

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Canada
Only afew days left..see everyone Saturday for some BB action.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
Couple of questions:

- What's the start time and anticipated finish time?
- 3 games or four?

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Canada
8:30-9 is registration, but if you want to email your roster in ahead of time, then really before 9 is all you need to aim for to start.

4 games is being played, I am aiming for 8-8:30 finish time. (I am getting some extra timers to enforce time).

DaggersOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2013 - 04:54 AM

Canada
Another weekend of Blood Bowl, another champion has been crowned. Colin Keillar and his skaven commie rats were victorious. Also taking home best of fence and defense (both on tie breakers). Manu Leclerc and his Orcs took home most violent and indestructible. Ryan Hedley took home the Wooden spoon/spanking award. And Ryan MacKenzie took home he Mr Nice Guy award.

Thanks to everyone hat came out, and see everyone soon. Full rankings will be posted later on, matches are already inputted.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2013 - 07:31 AM

Canada
Had a great time Daggers. Thanks to all my opponents for games well played. Mark's cookie fortune "special moment" is now celebrated by my Commie Rats as "Bullfrog!".

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2013 - 05:33 PM

Undisclosed
Better Red than dead... Uh, better dead than Red. And a you can never have enough dead Red rats! Next time, Colin. Next time.

Thanks again Daggers. Did a lot better than I though I would with Slann, especially with my special Meers Moment. If only that luck carried on to the last game... At least I made it to the top table, unlike Adam. Razz

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Canada
      Zap_Rowsdower wrote:
Better Red than dead... Uh, better dead than Red. And a you can never have enough dead Red rats! Next time, Colin. Next time.

Thanks again Daggers. Did a lot better than I though I would with Slann, especially with my special Meers Moment. If only that luck carried on to the last game... At least I made it to the top table, unlike Adam. Razz

This from the guy who gets blown out in his last game 4-1...and finishes below me in the standings Rolling Eyes I believe I finished in 2nd place and was the only other player without a loss (other than Colin of course) Once again you failed to make the cut....we should change your name to Zap_Losehowever Razz

Had a great time as always at the Tourney, Big Thank you to Daggers for hosting. Some great games and my first time ever playing Rando, which was an awesome rollercoaster of events!! Your Commie (Dirty) Rats squeaked by me this time Colin, I'll get you next time hopefully! Congrats

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic