NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 06:28 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Need a logo  PostPosted: Feb 22, 2013 - 01:43 PM

Canada
Hey guys!

First of all, I don't know where to put this, so I'm sorry if it should be posted elsewhere.

We have a tabletop league called Ligue des Quatre Nations (Four Nations League - LQN). We are currently playing our 11th season and I am planning to put on a tourney, the Four Nations Cup, that would be held annually.

I would really like the league and the tourney to have a custom-made logo, but have absolutely no talent for this.

I was wondering if anyone in the community with such skills would be kind enough to provide us with one.

I don't expect anybody to work for free, but I don't have an excessive budget for this. What I am planning to do though, is having a custom-made pitch for the league and a custom-made mini for the tourney, both of which I could offer as compensation.

If anybody is interested, pm me or send me a shout at cigare@videotron.ca.

Fred

PS: Also posted on TFF website, so sorry for double-posting!

Reply with quote Back to top
KilowoggyOffline
Post subject: RE: Need a logo  PostPosted: Feb 22, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Undisclosed
I suck at logos. it's my hardest part about doing any team(or podcast). If you're getting your custom field made through FF Fields, he can design you one. May not be the cheapest, but he does really good ones.

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I love creating stuff like this but I am useless at photoshop/computer stuff, but I already have a bunch of ideas floating in my head for your League Fred.

Just off the top of my head here is an idea.

You have a shield (kind of like a coat of arms shield ) the shield is divided in 4 sections (top left,top right, bottom left, bottom right) all 4 sections are of a different colour (for example red,yellow,blue,green, but any 4 contrasting colours could work, pink, teal, maroon, orange as an additional example) representing the 4 Nations. & from the top Left going Diagonally down to bottom Right are the initials LQN in a Bold colouring that stands out against the 4 background colours (I'd suggest black,white or a metallic)

Above the shield is a Spiked Football set on a Diagonal angle.
Below the Shield there is tapered folded cloth/banner/ribbon with the words scripted on it "Ligue des Quatre Nations"

In my minds eye this would look sweet, but sadly I'm unable to post this creation on a computer, if anyone can post my idea on here I think it would do well .

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Clan_Skaven wrote:
I love creating stuff like this but I am useless at photoshop/computer stuff, but I already have a bunch of ideas floating in my head for your League Fred.

Just off the top of my head here is an idea.

You have a shield (kind of like a coat of arms shield ) the shield is divided in 4 sections (top left,top right, bottom left, bottom right) all 4 sections are of a different colour (for example red,yellow,blue,green, but any 4 contrasting colours could work, pink, teal, maroon, orange as an additional example) representing the 4 Nations. & from the top Left going Diagonally down to bottom Right are the initials LQN in a Bold colouring that stands out against the 4 background colours (I'd suggest black,white or a metallic)

Above the shield is a Spiked Football set on a Diagonal angle.
Below the Shield there is tapered folded cloth/banner/ribbon with the words scripted on it "Ligue des Quatre Nations"

In my minds eye this would look sweet, but sadly I'm unable to post this creation on a computer, if anyone can post my idea on here I think it would do well .

On either side of the Spiked football maybe a lion rampart or dragon or eagle or griffon or whatever.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 - 11:26 AM

Canada
Hey Rod!

Thanks for your interest!

The shield is what I had in mind as well. Quartered, with something representing Chaos Dwarves, Orcs, High Elves and Humans: the four "founding" nations.

I like the idea of the folded cloth/ribbon at the bottom and the spiked ball. Very interesting starting point!

Fred

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      SBG wrote:
Hey Rod!

Thanks for your interest!

The shield is what I had in mind as well. Quartered, with something representing Chaos Dwarves, Orcs, High Elves and Humans: the four "founding" nations.

I like the idea of the folded cloth/ribbon at the bottom and the spiked ball. Very interesting starting point!

Fred

ok have a shield like with symbles like this

Orc

High Elf

Choas Dwarf

Humans

Sorry bout the size of the sybles but if those typle of looking symbles all quartered onto the shield?

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Canada
Yes, something like that. For the human's symbol, I'd go more "chevaleresque", as the team was named Honor's Code.

Could be somthing along the lines of this logo, the central part mostly. Maybe replacing the eagle head with something more BB. http://good-wallpapers.com/military/10692

Fred

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Canada
Or this one, worked a bit: http://www.seeklogo.com/us-rotc-logo-146538.html

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2013 - 05:10 AM

Portugal
Hi!
Any news on this?

Cheers,
A.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 25, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Canada
Hi there!

Sorry about the delay, we still didn't choose the logo. Mrs. SBG and I bought a house in the recent weeks, and it's a lot more time consuming than I thought!

One thing we have though, is the custom-made mini : http://ramos-gallery.blogspot.ca/2013/04/wizard-nurffle.html

We'll choose a logo shortly and I will let everybody know whose work we've selected.

Fred

AxtklingeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2013 - 02:59 AM

Portugal
No worries! Smile
I was just curious.

Congrats on the BIG buy!

Oh, and the wizard looks great (very nice sculptor choice btw)!

Cheers
A.

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 16, 2013 - 08:55 AM

Canada
OK guys, it's been a long wait, but here's an update on this:

- We finally went with Axtklinge's submission;
- Apart from Axtklinge, we received submissions from Nate Beem (can't remember his nick, sorry!)
- Due to costs (and me buying a new house) we didn't have pitches made. We did have a wizard mini custom made though!

So, unless I'm mistaking, Nate and Axtklinge will receive minis. If you submitted something, send it again, those are the only two people I have logos from.

Fred

Winning entry:

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic