NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 04, 2024 - 10:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Knee! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
elscorchoOffline
Post subject: Chili Bowl I (Saturday March 22 Cincinnati OH)  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2014 - 07:56 AM

1st Annual Cincycon Blood Bowl Cup and Chili con Carnival (or simply Chili Bowl)
Do you have the winning recipe?

Cincycon Gaming Convention (check it out cincycon.org)
Saturday March 22, 2014 9am - 5pm
3 round Swiss-style Blood Bowl Tournament (LRB6)

Cost: Free for tournament, must have admission badge for convention ($20 for full Fri-Sun or $15 day badge) Cincycon event organizer is asking for participants to pre-register for the tournament if possible. There is currently a maximum of 12 seats for the tourney available, we may be able to slide in some more, but no guarantees if you don't pre-reg. We would love for this to be an annual event at Cincycon so we are hoping for a solid turn out to potentially expand next year. Update from Cincycon organizers: When you pregister for the convention, in the notes section request for them to pull a ticket for you for event number SA-TA-03T (event number for the tourney) and they will have your ticket for the tournament ready for you when you show up. This also helps them get an estimate on how many people are attending. If you have already pre-registerd for the con, just shoot them a message in their contact section on the cincycon home page.

Please bring at least 2 copies of your roster, your Blood Bowl team, copy of LRB6, and board/dice if you have them (we will be able to supply a limited amount of these items for those who do not have)

Rules
-This will be a resurrection style tournament
-3 rounds Swiss-style (first round determined randomly)
-LRB6 used, Slann, Underworld, and Chaos Pact teams are allowed
-Games will last 2 hours 15 minutes
-Illegal Procedure will not be used, but be courteous
-Everyone will be expected to have good sportsmanship, and why not we'll have chili!
-Weather will be the same for all at the start of each game and will be rolled at beginning of each round by the tournament organizer
-Rosters will be a total of 1,050,000gps

Skills
Your team can take one of the following Cincinnati Chili Skill Packs:

2-way chili (plain but beefy)- Two players may be given a single skill and double skill or +1MV or +1AV each (ie a Human team can take a lineman w/ Kick and +1 AV and an Ogre w/Dodge and Strong arm.....a terrible recipe indeed)

3-way chili - Two players may be given two single skills each and one additional player may take a double skill or +1MV or +1AV

4-way chili - 3 players may be given 1 single skill each and one additional player may select two single skills

5-way chili (A whole lot going on)- 5 players may be given 1 single skill each and one of those 5 may also take Frenzy

Please write on your roster which skill pack was selected.

Custom 2d6 Weather Table
2-3: "Chilly with a side of chili" - It's bitter cold trying to catch the ball in these conditions results in lots of jammed fingers. -1 modifier to all die rolls on catch and interception attempts
4-9: "Mmmmm.... Just right!" - Perfect Blood Bowl weather
10-11: "Soupy recipe" - The rain outside is ruining everyone's chili and slopping the pitch. All Go For It attempts fail on rolls of 1 and 2.
12: "That's Hot!" - Bellies full of chili and ungodly heat outside make for some sluggish play on the pitch. All player movements are reduced by 1.

Custom 2d6 Kickoff Table
2: "Bribe the judges" - Sneaky gits brought chili and gold to bring home the prize: Each team gains a bribe
3: "Running out of chili!" - Fans are going berserk with supplies running low. The refs have to get things back in order: Both players move turn marker forward one.
4: "That's good stuff!" - The receiving team is still trying to get in one more bite allowing the Kicking team to reorganize its players after receiving team is done.
5: "That'll get you moving!" - The receiving team got a little spice. One player not in an opponents tackle zone may move to the square in which the ball has landed.
6: "Chili gun" - The cheerleaders brought out the chili gun and are shooting it into a hungry crowd. Each coach rolls 1D3+FAME+Cheerleaders and the winning coach gains a re-roll. Ties result in both teams gaining a re-roll
7. "Let's try the next stand" - The weather is changing... Re-roll on the weather chart and apply the results. Results of 4-9 and the ball will scatter one additional square.
8. "Extra cooks in the kitchen" - Those assistant coaches help in the kitchen too: Each coach rolls 1D3+FAME+Assistant coaches. Winner gains a re-roll. Ties result in both teams gaining a re-roll.
9: "Just like Mama makes it!" - The receiving team got an exceptionally good pot of chili giving them a boost: All receiving team players get to move one free square ignoring tackle zones and can move into opposing player's side of the pitch.
10. "My stomach is rolling.." - The receiving team got a bad batch of chili allowing the kicking team to take advantage: Kicking team gets a free bonus turn. Players in opponent tackle zones do not get the free turn. Team re-rolls can be used by the kicking team.
11: "I'll be right back..." That chili is working fierce. Each coach rolls 1D6 and adds FAME. The losing coach has one random player on the pitch that winning coach can place on any adjacent out of bounds square on the loser's side of the pitch.
12: "SON! What's in that chili?!" Each coach rolls 1D6+FAME the winning coach can give one of his players of his choosing the "Disturbing Presence" skill for remainder of the drive.

Prizes (tbd) will be awarded.

Prizes :
1st Place winning recipe - Overall tournament winner
Chili Con Carnage - Most Casualties caused
Scry-Line award - Most TDs scored
Special Spice award - Highest tourney points to not win 1st place. This will incorporate sportsmanship.

Reply with quote Back to top
elscorchoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2014 - 08:23 AM

In regards to the 3-way chili. You may take instead of a double skill or +1MA or +1AV, a single skill if you so choose. So you may take two players who have 2 single skills and one other player with a single skill.

DarkOrk20Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 12, 2014 - 11:23 AM

United States of America
Not to be nitpicky but the results were entered 3 times. I say someone made an oops.

elscorchoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2014 - 11:03 AM

DarkOrk20 wrote:
Not to be nitpicky but the results were entered 3 times. I say someone made an oops.

Keeping in theme with how often people check these forums. Yeah I know I saw that once they were submitted. I wasn't the one who submitted them and the person who did was doing me a favor and most of the players who ended up not having the best results weren't NAF members so, congrats on the favorable numbers. I have no idea if it can even be fixed once submitted.

GaixoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2014 - 11:27 AM
Former President

United States of America
I don't see an issue. I'm assuming someone already got to it?

elscorchoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2014 - 08:37 PM

Gaixo wrote:
I don't see an issue. I'm assuming someone already got to it?

Cool. I'm glad that it was able to get corrected.

telcolanceOffline
22 Post subject: Will there be a 2nd annual Chilli Bowl this year (2015)?  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2015 - 12:56 PM

Will there be a 2nd annual Chili Bowl this year (2015)?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic