NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 10:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Amazon team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lowsmanOffline
Post subject: Britcon 15th-17th August  PostPosted: Jul 23, 2003 - 05:31 AM

A BB tournament is being run at the British National Wargaming Championships in Loughborough. One of the best events of the year, it would be great to get a core of BB players there too.

all of the details are on www.BHGS.co.uk (and follow the link through events to BRITCON), but a brief summary of the rules below.

1.1million teams, all standard LRB teams available. No star players allowed.
Teams fully recover after each match. Points are based upon the difference in TD's (0-24 points each) and in casualties (0-8 points each). Skills are gained after each match. One skill given per game, except game three where you can either take two skills, one trait, or give a skill to a player who has already been given a skill.

The event takes place on the university campus, meaning cheap food and drink! There are also over 50 traders, including GW and Fanatic. There are packages available with accomodation, which can work out from £35 per night (cheaper if you share rooms). If you get accomodation there is a huge fry-up available!

The initial plan is for six games, but when all entrants are in it may be possible to play more. The first game takes place on the Friday night, and gaming goes on for twelve hours on the Saturday so it may be possible to play four games in one day! I'll poll the players who are attending to see what their views are on this, as I wouldn't want anyone to feel forced to play if they thought it would be too draining.

Any questions, or for a copy of an entry form please email me at richard.would@legalservices.gov.uk, or feel free to call me on 0775 3850895.

Entries need to be sent in asap for those interested, as table space needs to be booked in advance.

Cheers

Richard

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic