NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 08:28 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Hand! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you still want your meals taken care by organizer at the Coupe des Quatre Nations?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

SBGOffline
Post subject: Meals option for Coupe des Quatre Nations IV  PostPosted: Apr 04, 2016 - 01:41 PM

Canada
Hey guys!

I see a lot of tourneys being advertised between 20-30$ that are not including meals.

For 3 years now, I've charged almost double that price for the CQN (50/50/45), but always provided lunch (from a caterer: sandwiches, cold cuts, cheeses, cold pizzas, desserts and beverages), on top of the tourney goodies (2 exclusive miniatures and a flipcoin).

Some expressed the opinion that it was too expensive, but seriously, I don't see how it is: the 20$ more I charge are all spent on meals, as they cost me roughly 100$+taxes/day (we've been 6/14/8 players in our 3 yrs).

Near Le Chevalier, there's not a lot of options: a Subway, a McDonald's, and a grocery store that offers some fastfood. So it also helps schedule wise, not having to take a long pause for lunch and wrapping things up on a timely manner.

So, the questions is: meal plan or not? I think it would cost more to the players to get their own meal, of lesser quality (IMHO).

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
jrock56Offline
Post subject: RE: Meals option for Coupe des Quatre Nations IV  PostPosted: Apr 05, 2016 - 04:59 AM

Canada
Hey Fred,

Having been on both sides as an organizer myself I can see the argument for both provided meals included and people fending for themselves. When we used to have all of the meals prepared it cost us a lot more money and we had to charge the extra money to break even on meals, tourney dice, trophies, and prizes. Once we dropped the food the cost of the tournament went from $45 to $30 for a 2 day tournament, but we have an average of 20 people in attendance most years and have many food options available for everyone in the area.

I think with your tournament location having less options available in the area and your numbers fluctuating it would be better for you, as an organizer to charge a little more to make sure you don't lose money on the tournament and provide meals for the people attending. The other option if you choose to do so could be that you organize an order of food for everyone that they pay for themselves during the tournament. Works out to the same difference cost wise for the people attending but is more to organize the day of rather than being taken care of in advance (and getting more for your money)

My preference with your tournament would be to pay a little more for the convenience of having everything there and provided. Makes it easier given the location and ensures that your costs will be covered should you have smaller numbers than expected. It also gives us the opportunity to stay together and chat/socialize between games which is half the fun of tournaments.

Just my 2 cents of course

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 05, 2016 - 09:34 AM

Canada
Thanks for the feedback!

Fred

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic