NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 02:18 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Deathwing is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolfpack_99Offline
Post subject: Need help with new Chaos team....how to protect my players??  PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 - 05:47 PM

I've been playing for the pass month 1 or 2 games per week with my new an un-skilled Chaos team (3X CW and 8X B) in pre-seasons games against Human, Orc, Wood Elf, Dwarfs and Skaven teams and i'm getting nerveous about the real season that will began soon. Now i know i'm really really bad with my luck on the dice in the pass month but every time i play against what ever team (even the weak Wood Elf) i end up with 3 to 5 guys in the knock out and dead/injured box....i even finished once a game with only 3 guys on the field against the Dwarfs...but i won 2-0 and even scored a touchdown with 3 guys on the field....But if that would have happened in a league season match it would have been a disaster. So can someone give me real good proven tactics to prevent my ''strong''... Chaos team...to get out the pitch every game, i'm out of ideas now...
tks a lot!

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 12:56 AM
Da Warboss

England
I always start with 4xCW - it seems to scare opponents quite a bit and they can waste time & players trying to team up on them

As for other general tactics, always keep a beastman in your backfield, protect the ball carrier, and mob up - your safety is in numbers. With 4xCW and a blitzing beastman you have potentially 5 ST4 bocks a turn, which means it shouldnt be long before you start inflicting casualties by the dozen!

Then again, do you want to take advice from a guy who played Lizards with his Chaos team and lost 2-0 and suffered 5-0 CAS? Embarassed

EDIT: Another thing - the first skill you give a beastman should be Sure Hands (or Big Hand if you roll a double) then you have a dedicated ball carrier. I usually make the first 2 beastmen who get skills ball carriers. Good skills for CW can be block, or things like Piling On or mighty blow.

Then again, you could be v lucky like I was in our last league - my Ogre gained +1ST, then a CW did, so I had a ST6, ST5, 3x ST4 lineup Wink

NAF #60

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 06:51 AM

When I playtested Chaos against the Ogre proto-roster, I lived by Balrog's Guide to Chaos: http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2165

It served me very well, especially since I was just buying Chaos Warriors to replace injured and aged Beastmen. CW's get skills pretty quickly if you use them as running backs, and the team roars to a pretty solid mid level of development.

-Oscar Wilde

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 08:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I much prefer the 1 CW, 10 Beastie, 9 FF & 3 TRR start. In the short term it is quite weak, but after buying the apoth all your money can start going towards the remaining CWs and an Ogre.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 08:52 AM

This is what Balrog's guide suggests. A lot of beastmen on the team isn't a bad thing, since you almost always have a good blitz to make.

-Oscar Wilde

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2003 - 09:21 AM
Former President

England
......3 coats of varnish?

Razz

KheldarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 06:35 AM

I prefer the minotauer. At the start he is a little risk, but later on when he has Block and perhaps Pro, he is a real killer. Especially with his frenzy skill. Just do not commit the mistake setting him up at the LOS.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic