NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 01:35 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dodge this! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolfpack_99Offline
Post subject: Chaos Warrior, the Perfect Ball carrier...  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 - 01:35 PM

I'm right now playing in a league with a Chaos team, and i've discovered the perfect ball carrier, the ''Chaos Warrior''...Now i know everyone will say that he doesn't have enough MA (5) and that on all tactics guides for Chaos team they always mentionning to develop a Beastmen with some skills to carry the ball, but wait a second, and think about this: the CW has a ST of 4....that mean that all the other players with ST 3 are in trouble when they're attacking with the block dices, so if i can get a block assist to the CW, the opposing team is almost incapable of getting a strong attack on the ball carrier, so the CW has good chance of making a TD without been knocked over...so use a Beastmen to pick up ball, then do a handing-off the ball to a CW, bingo a TD...so 3 SPP points, 3 more and another skill, like Break Tackle...so your CW can use is ST to make a Dodge roll, so it's like AG 4...if you can after that add Block...you can have 4 CW in your team that will gain SPP points with TD and then add skills to smash your opponents....enjoy!

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 - 01:37 PM

United States of America
Yup they are good, but Bull Centaurs make better ball carriers though IMHO Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 02:45 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Its not a bad tactic to use when necessary, but as a game winning technique it has a fundamental flaw.

Strip Ball completely ruins this approach. Until you have block & sure hands you will live in dread of blitzes with Block & Strip ball.

There is an 11/36 chance they will fall over, but they can reroll that to make it less than 10%. Any other result and the ball pops loose. Then you are really in trouble.

Generally you want to use to Beasties to score - to spread the SPPs around them as the CWs normally pick up enough from blocking.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic