NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 05:45 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarves are SO boring rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zfl-mickOffline
Post subject: Tacklezone size of Bull Centaur and just bigguys  PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 12:55 PM

My Bull Centaur is in a size og 2 squares, does he have a tacklezone of 10 squares, instead of the normal 8 squares. And what about other BigGuys like minataurs ?

Reply with quote Back to top
GertwiseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 01:16 PM

All players take up 1 square regardless of the size of their base or how many spaces they take up when knocked down.

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 01:48 PM

Hmm how does this work with big guys then... if they count as hasing a 1 square base, but are shown with essentially 4 squares, which square do you use as the center of their tackle zone?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 02:04 PM

United States of America
You just center them in a square and deal with the overage. Very Happy

If you use the large round bases it's far less intrusive than the large square ones. For my BC's I always have the head of the BC be the square that he occupies.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

zfl-mickOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 02:10 PM

Do the front feeds count as the square, in the Bull Centaur case ?

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 02:37 PM

United States of America
Whichever you prefer, but I think that's easier to keep track of. Just pick front or back and stick with it consistently. I think you'll find most use the front.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 02:52 PM

Chuckle ok this opens up a can of worms for me Smile. I'm used to the 2nd edition big guy = 4 squares kind of game. So in essence your saying that even if you put someone in base to base contact, they might not be able to assist eachother if they are a big guy, or do you have to declare that even though the outside man is actually 1 square away he's actually in base to base Smile. I just want to get this straight as I have a tourney this weekend and I don't want to get this wrong Smile.

so if this is my setup <which it wouldn't be but>

x x x BG x x x x

for the front line with the x's on either side of the BG being in base to base contact, would I have to declare it as such, or is it just assumed that since they are in contact with eachother that they would exert some help with blocks?? Also to assist with a very stupid roll they just need to be free and touching the base correct? so

x x x BG x x x
g

Would legally allow me to use the goblin behind a troll in this example to help the troll get going in the right direction? <i.e. Pass his "I'm a dumb git who likes to stand around dreaming of warts" roll?

Glad I switched to Orc for the tourney instead of humans, I think I'll be able to blame my bad play on their IQ's rubbin off on me Smile.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 08:19 PM

United States of America
They need to be in the square next to him...forget base to base contact think about the squares themselves Smile

3B4

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

Last edited by Melifaxis on Sep 24, 2003 - 05:03 AM; edited 1 time in total

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 04:57 AM

England
You should mount Bull Centaurs on round bases as well, not the cavalry bases that they come with. I have seen them fit onto the smallest round slotta base, but it probably looks better to use the next size up (the ones you get for Tyrannid Warriors, and Inquisitor figs.) Both of these fit in the squares quite well.

In 2nd Ed. Big Guys did take up 4 squares, with no tackle zone behind them. B = Big Guy Tackle Zone = squares 1-8

0 0 0 0
1 B B 8
2 B B 7
3 4 5 6

They now take up 1 square, and you should centre their base on that square. Yes, he will overlap the non diagonal adjacent squares, but if you set up your Big Guy in four you will be asked to pick just one.

Raven3001Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 24, 2003 - 08:34 PM

on a related topic, the big guy models are all very nice, but they are a right pain in the backside when they fall over because they tend to take up half the pitch!

We usually play that a downed BG's head is representing the square they're in and that all others are irrelevant but i know a lot of people use the base as the indicator.

what's really annoying is when no-one can remember where they fell over and they end up getting up in the wrong place! (i.e. not in the dead and injured box) Shocked Very Happy

TimOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 29, 2003 - 07:54 AM

Germany
Just make a "Big Guy down" marker with "Big Guy stunned" on the other side and replace the model with it when the case happens (not too often).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic