NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 03:14 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dwarf Cheerleaders, why bother? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
phinalOffline
Post subject: my first season has begun and just want a little coaching  PostPosted: Nov 02, 2003 - 03:33 PM

made it threw the pre-season 2-0-0. vanquished an orc team 2-1 and a skaven team 2-0. and since we were getting SPP from those games i started the season w/ a str4 lineman.

first game of the season i got to face a wood elf team. his pre-season made me worry alot about facing him ... 4-0 and 5-1 wins is pretty scary for a coach who doesn't have more than a week or two of watching the game and getting a team together. i'm an extreme "newb".

anyway ended up beating the wood elf player 2-1. got a few more upgrades ... got a str4 blitzer now and one of my catchers has a choice of any skill and i'm thinking block to keep him alive.

i'd really like to try and go for a beat-um-up team but that just won't happen because the hard teams have the high armour and any team with alot of mighty blows will just tear me to shreads. so i guess my aim is to make the same type of humans everyone else plays with. all around team that has alot of block/dodge where ever and whenever i can get it. atleast that's how its played around here.

i'd like some suggestions with the direction the team should go and i'd also like to find out what i should buy with all my cash ...

here is my team
      Code:

1 (Lineman) @ 50.0 K$
     Casualties (x2)

2 (Lineman) @ 50.0 K$

3 (Lineman) @ 50.0 K$
     Casualties (x1); Touchdowns (x3); St Increase (x1)

4 (Lineman) @ 50.0 K$
     Casualties (x1)

5 (Lineman) @ 50.0 K$
     MVP's (x1)

6 (Lineman) @ 50.0 K$
     Casualties (x1)

7 (Thrower) @ 70.0 K$
     #Sure Hands; #Pass; Completions (x1)

8 (Catcher) @ 70.0 K$
     #Catch; #Dodge

9 (Catcher) @ 70.0 K$
     #Catch; #Dodge; Block; Completions (x2); Touchdowns (x3)

10 (Blitzer) @ 90.0 K$
     #Block; Casualties (x2); Completions (x1); MVP's (x1); St Increase (x1)

11 (Blitzer) @ 90.0 K$
     #Block; MVP's (x1)

Head Coach @ 430.0 K$
     Fan Factor (x10)
     Treasury 110K
     Re-roll (x3)
     Apothecary
     Assistant Coach (x1)
     Cheerleaders (x1)

Last edited by phinal on Nov 03, 2003 - 06:29 AM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2003 - 04:06 PM

Undisclosed
2 +1ST players, in a team with 3 games under it's belt?? Shocked

You lucky b*st*rd!! I had to wait for months and months to get +1 ST on any of my teams Sad

Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2003 - 04:09 PM

Normally don't suggest this but if your playing alot of Bashy teams maybe an ogre up front to bolster your LOS and cause some chaos. Or Start increasing your number of blitzers Smile. # rerolls is decent enough for a young team at least with decent dice rolls. If you have crap dice rolls I'd go for a 4th reroll asap. It all depends on play style though. I went with lizzies because I have a very straight forward <read charge and destroy then worry about the ball> Play style. A krox up front and a nice set of str 4 sauruses seem to do me well enough. An ogre up front gives you a chance to stop them at the LOS and gives them a target to allow you to develop your other players to a higher degree of skill which in a league will always be helpful. If your ogre survives and he more then likely will you end up with a big guy with pro and block and if lucky and roll a double for him dodge you will have a heck of a LOS man. Of course I'm probably going to be outvoted by the other fellas so take my advice with a grain of salt.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 - 01:58 AM
Da Warboss

England
lol the best chaos team I ever had got two +ST after it's first game. One on my Ogre - ST6! - and one on a Chaos warrior.

Although I only got to play one more game with it after that, everyone else refused to play them Sad

cowards Wink

NAF #60

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 - 02:40 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
BTW That's actually quite hard to read. You ought to summarise the output of whatever it is you are using (Army Builder?) All you need to do is say

Blitzer +ST
Blitzer
10 FF
3 TRR

If I'm reading correctly you've got 110k in the bank.

I'd buy the 3rd & 4th blitzers next or you can save another 10k and get the Ogre. With 2 ST4 players aswell - and giving your Blitzers guard you'll have a quite nasty bashing potential.

phinalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 - 06:28 AM

sorry bout the thing being so hard to read. i was in a rush and armybuilder's full text output really sucks. i changed it to summarize. i'm thinking i want an orge but it'll be atleast another game before i get it not because i only have 110k but because it'll probably take awhile since i have to order it from GW mailorder. then again i could have a dozen cheerleaders ..... one for each of my players on the field and one for the head coach (that's me Cool ).

i got a question for you all ... its when i go to calculate my team rating. armybuilder comes out with a TR of 121. i however come out with 122 when calculating SPPs.

TOTAL cost of Team = 1120,000 same as what armybuilder comes up with ... this alone comes out to a team rating of 112. now we add up all my SPPs.

4xcompletions = 4spp
7xcasualties = 14spp
6xtouchdowns = 18spp
3xmvps = 15spp
total = 51 ... 51/5 rounding down (thx doubleskulls) = 10 so my TR should be 122 correct?

anyway from what i can recall from the season sheet at the hobby shop we got 7 regular season games then its the playoffs. the six remaining teams i have to face will be and in order; Dark Elves, Orcs, ?donno?, Khemri, Orcs, and Humans.

oh and get this .. the wood elf player got 3 upgrades because of SPPs (two of which were stat increases) and he now has an AG 5 thrower (happened in the preseason), a Movement 10 runner, and a Str 4 Wardancer. glad my game with him is over.

Last edited by phinal on Nov 03, 2003 - 08:04 AM; edited 1 time in total

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 - 06:36 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
LRB pp 41 - "Next work out the combined total of all the Star Player points belonging to the players in your team. Divide this number by 5, rounding any fractions down"

I can see why you want an Ogre but I think you'll be better off getting the 3rd & 4th blitzers. Getting them Guard will probably help you more.

Against the Khemri try to avoid the mummies and take everything else out. Your speed and ball handling ought to win the game. The Ogre wont help as 4 mummies will mash him up.

KheldarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 - 07:18 AM

Take the blitzer. Human blitzers are very important.

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 - 10:39 AM

I have a local shop in town selling Ogres at 8.00 us I'm going today to pick up a couple for myself if anyone is interested they can e-mail me at entreti@entreti.com and I will sort them out in the US cheap. I will send anywhere actually but I don't think sending to the UK or anywhere else would end up being cheaper... Except maybe Australia? These were the NEW GW ogres also. I will pack and ship them for cost through whichever postal agency or service you would like. Also if you have specific needs in used mini's or bitz box pieces Dragon's lair has a LARGE bitz box and a display case full of used mini's and other item marked down and as I shop there enough to fill up discount cards every so often I can definately find what you might need. <found a troll #2 and grotskull in the bitz box with a missing arm apiece and after digging found both the arm piece broken off at the elbow and got them for a couple dollars and just stuck the arms back on with a pin as it was a clean break. > Transactions would have to be through paypal though... Sorry but my g-friend works for paypal and I like the protection it offers buyers and sellers.

BTW if I get sufficent orders I will use a 20% off card I have from there to save everyone a bit of cash. If I use a card though it would have to be a have the cash on my paypal card before I purchased a bulk order. At this store they have an incentive program that helps us poor addicts Smile you buy 100 bucks in non used merchandise and you get a card worth 20% off of your next purchase.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 - 05:32 PM

Ok bought 6 ogres today and they went within the first 10 minutes of me bing home thanks to all who wrote. but they all have good homes now. I will keep people posted on any additional finds I have and if you have something you want watched for let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic