NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 07:44 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Useless Minotaur! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bastion01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 10, 2018 - 08:16 AM

United States of America
Six Lonely little days to go.
I have the feeling this is going to be a great year.
Come on down for a little Mayhem!

Reply with quote Back to top
bastion01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 10, 2018 - 08:25 AM

United States of America
We'll be set up with the guys under the SGG banner(formerly 40korigins) in the Gaming hall.
I'll post a more exact location on Wednesday after discovering where GAMA's put us.

bastion01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 14, 2018 - 08:46 PM

United States of America
We'll be set up in Gaming Hall A - Section 517
- this is the first hall on the right after coming off the escalators
- 517 is all the way to the back RIGHT of the hall - Look for the big "SGG" Banner

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2018 - 04:59 AM

United States of America
Stopped by yesterday but missed you but will try and stop by today to say hello before the tournament.
Still debating team to take. . .

bastion01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 15, 2018 - 06:04 PM

United States of America
Sorry I missed ya - still waffling?!...well....there's about 12hrs left before check-in.... Wink

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 18, 2018 - 11:38 AM

United States of America
1-1-1 final results with a great time with some wonderful opponents. Particularly my first round opponent Mike who gave me a loss but also a great game.

I continue my NAF record of 0.500 with Orcs which tells me I should probably have taken something else.

bastion01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2018 - 10:22 AM

United States of America
      gjnoronh wrote:
1-1-1 final results with a great time with some wonderful opponents. Particularly my first round opponent Mike who gave me a loss but also a great game.

I continue my NAF record of 0.500 with Orcs which tells me I should probably have taken something else.

great to finally meet. Equally great to have you play.
I hope next year doesn't have so many day-of Drops...that was just weird...

and I'd say 50% with Orcs is a good start... just need to catch NUFL in his green mood

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 25, 2018 - 02:19 PM

United States of America
How many drops did you have?

Interestingly I set up the day before on free table and retaught one of my old Blood Bowl buddies how to play. We had 4-6 people stop by and say they loved Blood Bowl all were surprised to hear there was a tournament. But there is so much going on at Origins I can understand how you would miss it if you weren't actively looking for it (like I was.)

That's far more random people stopping to talk to us then any other game we played on free tables over Origins. There's a big crowd of folks who've played but aren't playing now/didn't know there was an event who I wish I could have recruited.

I think being very hung over on Saturday didn't help my Orc record but that first game loss was hopeless early (I think I had 3-4 pieces off in the first two turns - 2-3 as casualties)

bastion01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2018 - 07:41 AM

United States of America
      gjnoronh wrote:
How many drops did you have?

There were 16 pre-registered tickets sold (but GAMA doesn't exactly have a sterling record for logging such things accurately..so, grain of salt).
Eight of you showed up with bells on rearing to go.
There were two others whom I know were supposed to attend(they are local League members)
One person stopped by to apologize and turn in his event ticket anyway then wandered off
One other fellow stopped by to drop off generics and then just...didn't play

just...bizarre

gjnoronh wrote:

Interestingly I set up the day before on free table and retaught one of my old Blood Bowl buddies how to play.
We had 4-6 people stop by and say they loved Blood Bowl all were surprised to hear there was a tournament.
But there is so much going on at Origins I can understand how you would miss it if you weren't actively looking for it (like I was.)
That's far more random people stopping to talk to us then any other game we played on free tables over Origins.
There's a big crowd of folks who've played but aren't playing now/didn't know there was an event who I wish I could have recruited.

I've had this happen a lot to me over the years at tourneys, conventions and even just playing at a local gaming store.
Someone or lots of folks wander up and point with wide-eyed glee, "Heeey! Blood Bowl! I used to/love that/remember when..."
It's awesome and encouraging especially when someone has their kids with them.

I try to restrain myself from pitching they get back into the game TOO much....most of the time...
but it's also why I keep spare boards/teams on-hand...just in case...
..yea...just one roll....one game is all... it takes no time at all, you'll see....

gjnoronh wrote:

I think being very hung over on Saturday didn't help my Orc record but that first game loss was hopeless early
(I think I had 3-4 pieces off in the first two turns - 2-3 as casualties)

wait...isn't think how you're supposed to do it?
(not the Casualties bit, of course...)
Wink

Garion26Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 03, 2018 - 09:50 AM

United States of America
16 preregistered+2 planning to come and only 8 showed. Some just turned in tickets and then left? Too much disposable income I guess.

I have to admit there was so much going on I was feeling a bit conflicted about playing Blood Bowl (which I love ) when there felt like there was so much I still wanted to see and do. I guess that may have been what happened to folks who pre registered and then didn't show.

In our local league I have had 4-5 guys ask to be on the distribution list of emails and say they are excited to join the league and then never show up or even respond to emails.

I think at the rate casualties were coming off in that first game I might as well have played my Goblins.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic