NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 08:28 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Everyone surround the Rat Ogre. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 23, 2018 - 09:28 PM

Canada
A little excerpt from Glenn's (twodiceblock) speech at the end of this year's tournament to tie our run as DB Organizer's in a nice bow...please see below:

"I just want to thank everyone one last time for your support over the years. We have come a long way since issue 31 pg 50 of the Citadel Journal magazine which featured the original idea of a game called Death Bowl. We have collectively kept Death Bowl alive when it was about to collapse. We took a good concept in a game that was very poorly thought out and un-playtested and developed it into a proper functioning game!

As most of you know, at Death Bowl II with Dwarves I failed a go for it to win the Tournament...A failure that has become legendary in these parts and is now known as (Jonesing on the goal line) Brian, who was the commissioner at the time was so impressed that the crazy Punk guy didn't freak out and trash the place awarded me with my 1st Blood Bowl Trophy for Best Sportsmanship. I also won most Casualties and placed 3rd overall, not often are you the nicest guy and the biggest a-hole in the same tournament!!

On the drive back from Montreal, Notorious_jtb (Joe) had an epiphany to move the line of scrimmage..2 hours later the 1st step in fixing Death Bowl was taken. I came up with continuous play and having the ability to blitz each of your opponents once per turn to speed up the gameplay and make it more dynamic. Adam and Joe then sorted out a point system that would eliminate the constant tie game dilemma and made the game more functional for inputting results and thus Death Bowl became NAF approved.

The rest is history! Dan Chaput (Taxal) is officially taking over now and is clearly the best man for the job. Death Bowl will return back home to Montreal where I know it will thrive. I'll miss the absolute insanity of all of the guys crashing in my 1 bedroom apartment on many weekends. One time Rob and I stayed up all night drinking Jagermeister shots and tweaking a Goblin team built for Joe to play. Joe ended up winning that tournament with the team and realized that the 2 drunken idiots forgot to use all of the money available in the treasury with 10K leftover. I could go on forever about Laurent stories alone (as there were many) Long story short, much love to all you guys from over the years...see you in Montreal as a coach with a vicious Khorne team out for vengeance!"

That wrapped up his speech to the attendees this year but I felt this a perfect place to share it as a memory for any of those that came and played in any of our Death Bowl tournaments over the years. Thanks again to all!

Glenn & Adam

Reply with quote Back to top
Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 24, 2018 - 01:09 PM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
Can we see final standings and TD's Cas , sportsmanship scores please?

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2018 - 07:43 PM

Canada
      jrock56 wrote:
A little excerpt from Glenn's (twodiceblock) speech at the end of this year's tournament to tie our run as DB Organizer's in a nice bow...please see below:

"I just want to thank everyone one last time for your support over the years. We have come a long way since issue 31 pg 50 of the Citadel Journal magazine which featured the original idea of a game called Death Bowl. We have collectively kept Death Bowl alive when it was about to collapse. We took a good concept in a game that was very poorly thought out and un-playtested and developed it into a proper functioning game!

As most of you know, at Death Bowl II with Dwarves I failed a go for it to win the Tournament...A failure that has become legendary in these parts and is now known as (Jonesing on the goal line) Brian, who was the commissioner at the time was so impressed that the crazy Punk guy didn't freak out and trash the place awarded me with my 1st Blood Bowl Trophy for Best Sportsmanship. I also won most Casualties and placed 3rd overall, not often are you the nicest guy and the biggest a-hole in the same tournament!!

On the drive back from Montreal, Notorious_jtb (Joe) had an epiphany to move the line of scrimmage..2 hours later the 1st step in fixing Death Bowl was taken. I came up with continuous play and having the ability to blitz each of your opponents once per turn to speed up the gameplay and make it more dynamic. Adam and Joe then sorted out a point system that would eliminate the constant tie game dilemma and made the game more functional for inputting results and thus Death Bowl became NAF approved.

The rest is history! Dan Chaput (Taxal) is officially taking over now and is clearly the best man for the job. Death Bowl will return back home to Montreal where I know it will thrive. I'll miss the absolute insanity of all of the guys crashing in my 1 bedroom apartment on many weekends. One time Rob and I stayed up all night drinking Jagermeister shots and tweaking a Goblin team built for Joe to play. Joe ended up winning that tournament with the team and realized that the 2 drunken idiots forgot to use all of the money available in the treasury with 10K leftover. I could go on forever about Laurent stories alone (as there were many) Long story short, much love to all you guys from over the years...see you in Montreal as a coach with a vicious Khorne team out for vengeance!"

That wrapped up his speech to the attendees this year but I felt this a perfect place to share it as a memory for any of those that came and played in any of our Death Bowl tournaments over the years. Thanks again to all!

Glenn & Adam

Yeah baby ! That made me winning Death Bowl II a reality! I still never use the Jones dice when I need to go for it...

Might try to win another one in Montreal... !

Fred

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2018 - 06:07 AM

Canada
Adam can we see the final standings please with a cherry on top

Blank_PageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2018 - 04:12 PM

Canada
This was it I guess. I had planned to come, and then once again could not. It really makes no difference in hindsight, I guess it just wasn't mean't to be for me.

If the Deathbowl is heading my way, it'll be great, since its now a local tourney. Sucks I missed the many memories.

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 01, 2018 - 10:15 PM

Canada
      Taxal wrote:
Adam can we see the final standings please with a cherry on top

Tried posting it already, was a bit of a pain in the as* since it won't convert the file info other than text which just 'mashes' all the info together making it difficult to read at all. Even tried as a picture/image and it won't work properly. Will find the time to type it all out shortly but much more time consuming that way and I have had very little of late.

Hopefully will have time by the end of the weekend.

Adam

Notorious_jtbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 02, 2018 - 07:13 PM

Canada
Adam has a tonne going on right now so he sent me the file.

Some final standings here:

NAF Name ........................NAF # .................Overall Points
    1. runki_khrum ..............6780 ...............137.5
    2. gmacd ...................18193 ...............122.5
    3. Manz62 ..................9753 .................122.5
    4. Chewblocka ..............15257 .................115
    5. Taxal ......................6060 ...................115
    6. bellowthunderslam .......8730 ...............110
    7. Purple_Nurple ..........18962 ..................110
    8. SewerRat ...................5737 .................97.5
    9. asteflix ...................20021 ...................95
    10. Grell .........................4479 ..................95
    11. Clan_Skaven .............2854 .................82.5
    12. penguingod00 ...........21170 ...............57.5

Google sheet of the standings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F4U-tvAd7EEisTfCpT4__H-IJULErLdCJ5mauoiEdcE/edit?usp=sharing

jrock56Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 03, 2018 - 08:06 PM

Canada
      Notorious_jtb wrote:
Adam has a tonne going on right now so he sent me the file.

Some final standings here:

NAF Name ........................NAF # .................Overall Points
    1. runki_khrum ..............6780 ...............137.5
    2. gmacd ...................18193 ...............122.5
    3. Manz62 ..................9753 .................122.5
    4. Chewblocka ..............15257 .................115
    5. Taxal ......................6060 ...................115
    6. bellowthunderslam .......8730 ...............110
    7. Purple_Nurple ..........18962 ..................110
    8. SewerRat ...................5737 .................97.5
    9. asteflix ...................20021 ...................95
    10. Grell .........................4479 ..................95
    11. Clan_Skaven .............2854 .................82.5
    12. penguingod00 ...........21170 ...............57.5

Google sheet of the standings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F4U-tvAd7EEisTfCpT4__H-IJULErLdCJ5mauoiEdcE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the assist Notorious_jtb!! Appreciate it Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic