NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 09:39 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Count Luthor likes your blood type. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bastion01Offline
Post subject: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: Feb 10, 2019 - 12:33 PM

United States of America
Bumbus Bowl III!
Saturday, June 15th
check-in : 8:30am
Game 1 : 9:30am

Origins Game fair
Columbus Convention Center
400 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215

Blood Bowl! Origins! Does it get any better!
This will be your one-stop all-inclusive spot for information.
If you have a question: Chances are someone else is wondering about it too.
Ask away!

This is a three game, Swiss-pairing tournament using a special themed Kickoff Table(detailed in the document available at the URL below).
Injuries and casualties do not carry over: Each game will begin with your roster in exactly the same state you created it.

ALL 26 NAF Approved teams are valid and welcome!
Teams can be built using up to 1,100,000gp.
Coaches may choose to buff their teams based on the Tiered structure stipulations as detailed in the tournament rules document.

Con Registration now open at http://originsgamefair.com

The schedule, all specialized rules, inducements and the unique Kickoff table can be found here:
http://www.digitalsaint.com/inside/Origins/2019-Origins-BumbusBowl.doc

Any event rule changes and updates will be posted here if they occur.

Please feel free to contact me via PM or email with any questions.
OriginsBloodbowl@gmail.com

Reply with quote Back to top
Garion26Offline
Post subject: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: Feb 14, 2019 - 03:15 PM

United States of America
Had a great time last year despite a tremendous hang over. Plan on being at Origins again this year. Hopefully will be there for BB again on Saturday barring my buddies pulling me in another direction (I couldn't pull them into BB last year)

Hey man just a heads up looks like my Slaughterday results didn't upload correctly. Not sure if that's the story for anyone else who attended. Pretty sure over three games I either scored a win loss or draw.
https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=tournamentinfo&uid=23067

bastion01Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: Feb 18, 2019 - 09:01 AM

United States of America
      gjnoronh wrote:
Had a great time last year despite a tremendous hang over. Plan on being at Origins again this year. Hopefully will be there for BB again on Saturday barring my buddies pulling me in another direction (I couldn't pull them into BB last year)

You, sir, functioned at a much higher level than I would have in that shape. Bravo.
and thanks! I'm looking forward to (and perhaps a little frightened) seeing what a not-quite-so incapacitated you might be capable of...

gjnoronh wrote:
Hey man just a heads up looks like my Slaughterday results didn't upload correctly. Not sure if that's the story for anyone else who attended. Pretty sure over three games I either scored a win loss or draw.
https://member.thenaf.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=tournamentinfo&uid=23067

I put this question to the NAF TC and we believe it's because the SCORE .xml output file shows you(a valid coach name) in attendance but you had no NAF opponents/games. A quirk of the system and one I intend to remedy at the game-level this year if at all possible.

Garion26Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: Feb 26, 2019 - 01:17 PM

United States of America
Oh don't worry I don't play any better less hung over I'm just more conscious between (and during rounds. . . apparently consciousness doesn't help my BB playing.)
Gordon Biersch is amazing but very dangerous place. Highly recommend it this year.

Regarding slaughterday sorry if I had asked that before. Totally makes sense. Some events can afford to offer NAF membership as part of the package deal of participating but not sure all can. I know you are hemmed in by convention financial constraints in both cases. I had fun in any case.

bastion01Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2019 - 08:18 AM

United States of America
Tourny Rules CLARIFICATION:
I had a coach ask about including Specialty/Star Sideline staff listed in the DZ1/2 release(s) such as the goblin "Fink da Fixer".

This extra staffing are considered inducements and as such are not allowed.
The only inducements allowed are listed in the approved tourny rules packet.

Thank you

bastion01Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: May 10, 2019 - 09:44 AM

United States of America
JUST in case you didn't already know...

Coaches! The Origins Game Fair registration (finally!) went live May 4th!
The Bumbus Bowl Tournament Event ID# is 10938

check-in starts at 9am, Kick-off at 10am
See you there!

Garion26Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: May 10, 2019 - 12:47 PM

United States of America
This is a great event - had a lot of fun last year.
Watch out for the tractor!

vorrtOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: May 14, 2019 - 08:30 AM

United States of America
Sadly, I won't be able to participate this year. Saturday is the only time I can run True Dungeon with friends that day and I would hate to play one game and then have to concede the rest. Good luck to all the coaches!

You Never Foul Alone!

Garion26Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: May 14, 2019 - 12:18 PM

United States of America
Volunteer to be a first round Ringer @Vorrt that might be free and might help Mike out.

bastion01Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: May 26, 2019 - 07:59 AM

United States of America
Coaches!
Are you... :
...on the fence?
...always waiting til the last minute?
...unwilling/unable to navigate the Origins Website?

We gleefully welcome on-the-spot/day-of registrations! Hand over some 'Con "Generics" tokens and join the fray!

and...
Did I happen to mention I do have teams available for anyone who wants/needs one?
Forgot it at home?
Can't find them in the storage room?
Just can't find the room to pack it for travelling?

We got ya covered. I have a number of teams I'm happy to lend.
Email/contact me so we can make sure yo uhave what you need.

Garion26Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 2019  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2019 - 02:56 PM

United States of America
I am going to game time decision. Making this road trip to Origins to hang out with my childhood friends who played BB with me with the initial 1st/2nd edition rules. Last year I was hoping to tempt them back into BB love- that didn't happen. I loved the great event Mike threw including such great swag but had a hard time losing a whole day away from these guys. Will game time decision it on Saturday.

Gary

bastion01Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15th 20  PostPosted: Jun 04, 2019 - 06:01 AM

United States of America
      gjnoronh wrote:
I am going to game time decision. Making this road trip to Origins to hang out with my childhood friends who played BB with me with the initial 1st/2nd edition rules. Last year I was hoping to tempt them back into BB love- that didn't happen. I loved the great event Mike threw including such great swag but had a hard time losing a whole day away from these guys. Will game time decision it on Saturday.

Gary

Regardless of whether you throw-down or not: a day full of gaming with old friends is always a Win. I hope it all comes together to make everything happen for you/them. Swing by and just say howdy if not.

1st/2nd ed...PTSD inducing....relentless....last man standing games...
I wonder how much interest there would be in a throwback tourny...
hmm

Garion26Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bumbus Bowl III at Origins, Sat June 15t  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2019 - 01:54 PM

United States of America
I will definitely swing by and say hi!
Screwed up vacation planning so I only arrive Thursday night so almost certainly won't play.

bastion01Offline
Post subject: Origins is Under Weigh!  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2019 - 06:05 PM

United States of America
Coaches!
Origins is Under Weigh!
The Origins Event Guidebook lists all events in The Gaming Hall (Convention Hall A).

BE AWARE
All the events listed in the Origins Guidebook show the SGG team set up at space 507.
THIS IS WRONG!

We are in the space designated "517"
Enter the Gaming Hall (A) at the bottom of the escalators and once within follow the far-right wall to the back corner.
We have that entire corner.

If all else fails there's a large "SGG" banner 20 feet up against the back wall of the hall. Find that!
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

bastion01Offline
Post subject: RE: Origins is Under Weigh!  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2019 - 07:09 PM

United States of America
We had nine great coaches show up to knock heads together this year and they all have my sincere gratitude for making it great. The most distinct aspect of The Bumbus Bowl 3 would have to be that every single game was finished BEFORE game time was called. I have no idea how...but on to the accolades!

Title Earned : NAF Coach / Team Race
-------------------------------------
Tournament Champion : Half_Baked / Orc
Tournament Runner-Up : JPM / Wood Elf
Best Defense : KapnKrump / Orc
Most Casualties : littledenny / Pro Elf

...and not to be outdone in the 'I Participated!' category. The undeniable Morpheous earned a Stunty Cup with a set of games that were close eough to make his opponents raise an eyebrow or two.

Thanks to everyone!
I look forward to seeing you next year!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic