NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:31 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nuffle hates you. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Stew Bowl - March 23 (7s) Brampton, ON  PostPosted: Dec 12, 2023 - 07:31 PM

Canada
Background: Stewart Crocker was my Grade 5 student back in 2001. He was a great kid and we kept in touch over the years. Stewart has now been diagnosed with terminal thoracic cancer. He is a young father, with a wife and one year old daughter.

I am running this tournament as a vehicle to raise money for Stewart and his family, but if you would like to donate directly here is the link to his GoFundMe page:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/dad-with-terminal-cancer-raising-a-oneyearold

Aside from all money from the tourney going to Stuart's family, I am also going to be raffling off prizes.

This is going to be a five game tournament.

Time
Registration 10:00 - 10:30
Game 1 10:30 – 11:30
Game 2 11:30 – 12:30
Lunch - 12:30 - 1:30
Game 3 1:30 – 2:30
Game 4 2:30 - 3:30
Game 5 3:30- 4:30
Awards 5:30 – 6:00

Entry fee is $10, all going towards the charity. Non-NAF members will be charged an additional $5.

Entry fee is payable via e-transfer to craigtw2001@yahoo.ca or in person

Rosters are due minimum of 48 hours in advance of the tournament.

The Basics

Rules as per the BB2020 Death Zone book pages 90-97

Teams may be selected from any race allowed by the NAF

Star players and Mercenaries are not allowed.

Halfling Master chef is allowed at 100,000 copper pieces (cps) for Halflings (300,000 cps for everyone else). No cards allowed. All other inducements are unchanged.

Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches may be hired as normal but coaches may not buy Dedicated Fans (the participating teams just aren’t that well known… yet).

The first round will be drawn at random with subsequent rounds being seeded.

Team Building

Teams are purchased using only 600,000 copper pieces (cps) and may not have more than 11 players on the roster. Reminder that sevens teams are not very well trained or reliable. Team rerolls cost double their listed cost. For example, a human team reroll would cost 100,000 copper pieces.

Tiers are as per the BB FAQ of May 2023. Slann are considered Tier 2 for the purposes of this tournament

Skills
Tier 1: 2 random primaries or 1 chosen primary.

Tier 2: 3 random primaries, or, 1 random primary and 1 chosen primary.

Tier 3: 4 random primaries or secondaries. Alternatively, 2 chosen primaries, or 2 random primaries and 1 chosen primary.

Who gets the skills is chosen before the tournament but random skills are to be rolled in front of the opponent each game. No more than 1 skill per player. If you choose skills they must be selected before the tournament.

Tournament special rules:
SUPER WAAAGH! DRUMMER

To commemorate the fact that Stewart is a mighty drummer himself, all teams will have access to a free SUPER WAAAGH! DRUMMER The rules for this inducement are as follows:

This inducement takes place at the start of each drive, after the Kick-off event has been resolved but before the ball itself lands. The kicking coach will roll 3D6. For each roll of a 4+, one player on EITHER team can be pushed one square directly towards EITHER End Zone, exactly as if a Push Back block dice result had been applied against them. The same player can be pushed back more than once by this Inducement. Once the kicking coach is done, then the receiving coach does the same. A player moved by the kicking coach can also be moved by the receiving coach. This represents the players slam dancing across the pitch, heedless of the game which they are involved in, Such is the power of the drums,

Tie Breakers

In the case of a tie, tie breakers are in the following order

- Head-to-Head record (if applicable)

- TD differential (TD scored - TD against)

- CAS difference (Cas inflicted - Cas received)

4 Trophies

- Winner

- Most Touchdowns

- Most Casualties

- Best Defence

- Wooden Spoon

Lots of raffle prizes to be won!
I am currently collecting raffle prizes but am starting off with a fully painted 18-player Nurgle team - the swamp one by Ugni, as well as a 3D printed sevens pitch. (pics coming soon) More prizes will be announced as they arrive.

Ticket Prices:

$2 per ticket

$10 for 7 Tickets

$20 for 15 Tickets

100% of the money raised goes to Stewart's family

Let's raise a lot for a great cause![/i][/b]

Last edited by Spazzfist on Mar 14, 2024 - 08:08 AM; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Stew Bowl - March 23 (7s) Brampton, ON  PostPosted: Jan 05, 2024 - 04:47 PM

Canada
Attendance:
0 - Spazzfist (Odd Man Out)
1 - Greg S.
2 - Son of Frew - PAID
3 - Clan Skaven (Rod D.)
4 - yleemjseg (Scott K)
5 - WardenoftheNorth113 (Gordon F.) - PAID
6 - Ben - ROSTER
7 - Connor
8 - nibroc
9 - Lucky Fish
10 - Son of Ben - ROSTER

Last edited by Spazzfist on Mar 18, 2024 - 12:37 PM; edited 8 times in total

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Stew Bowl - March 23 (7s Tournament)  PostPosted: Jan 26, 2024 - 07:50 PM

Canada
To be clear here are the tier lists (as per the GW May 2023 FAQ):

Tier One: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, High Elf, Lizardman, Norse, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elves

Tier Two: Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Nurgle, Old World Alliance, Orc, Tomb Kings, Vampires

Tier Three: Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Snotling

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Stew Bowl - March 23 (7s Tournament)  PostPosted: Jan 27, 2024 - 08:22 AM

Canada
When building a team I highly recommend that you use bbroster.com (and make sure you indicate in the top left corner that you are building a 7s team.

But in the interest of clarity, here are some major building points:

1) Budget of 600,000
2) Must have between 7-11 players on the team
3) Can only have four positions which are not linemen
4) Rerolls cost double

Sidelline Staff:
- Assistant Coaches cost 20,000
- Cheerleaders cost 20,000
- Apothecaries cost 80, 000

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Stew Bowl - March 23 (7s Tournament)  PostPosted: Feb 25, 2024 - 08:42 AM

Canada
The tournament is officially fully booked! However, I do have time to make abother board (or two) if there are others who would like to join. So, if you were still thinking of attending, please let me know ASAP.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2024 - 08:03 PM

Canada
So I was thinking of adding a fun element into the tournament. As this might affect how some people build their teams, I am going to make it public before the start date.

I am going to have a list of achievements and for each of them, the first person to unlock them gets five bonus raffle tickets. For sake of ease, any of these bonus raffle tickets are going to have to be all put onto one item. To be clear, for one achievement you can select the tickets to go on one item, no splitting. But should you win multiple achievements, then you are allowed to put the tickets for different achievements onto a new item (but still only one item per achievement).

If, after the first game, there are still unclaimed achievements, then in the second game they will be worth 3 extra raffle tickets and 3 more the game after that and so on.

Once any of the achievements is achieved, then there will be no more tickets awarded for any further people who accomplish the achievement.

The achievements:
Finesse
Score a touchdown
Successfully pass the ball (or teammate)
Deflect a pass (or bomb or teammate)
Intercept a pass (or bomb or teammate)
Fumble a pass (or bomb or teammate)
Throw a wildly inaccurate pass (or bomb or teammate)

Bashy
KO your opponent (by blocking)
Cause a casualty on your opponent (by blocking)
Cause a casualty on your opponent (by fouling)
Get caught fouling
Successfully argue a referee call.
Crowd surf your opponent
Cause a casualty on your opponent (by crowd surfing)
Cause a casualty on yourself (even by tripping)

Rolling double skulls is not an "achievement" but every instance of double skulls rolled by a coach will grant them two extra raffle tickets. Rolling a triple skulls will grant them five extra raffle tickets.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2024 - 12:04 PM

Canada
Given the introduction of these "achievements" I am making a slight modification: The first tiebreaker for the tournament will be who scored the most achievements. The second tiebreaker will then be the strength of schedule and then so on.

Da5idOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2024 - 02:20 PM

Canada
dude every tournament should use your achievement mods. very cool. wish i could be there! looks like theres a good contingent of niagara kids to keep the rep up

2016 Canadian Open Most Kills
2016 Foul Frenzy VI Most Kills
2016 GLAM stunty cup
2015 Orion Cup Champion

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2024 - 08:06 AM

Canada
      Da5id wrote:
dude every tournament should use your achievement mods. very cool. wish i could be there! looks like theres a good contingent of niagara kids to keep the rep up

Thanks buddy, sorry you cannot make it!

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2024 - 08:08 AM

Canada
Just in case this is somehow going to influence any teams builds, I realized that for my trophies I had not offered a Most Casualties. I am rectifying that oversight now.

There will be a trophy for Most Casualties as well as the other ones mentioned.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic