NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 04:31 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Go for it! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the BBRC meet sooner if too many topics arise?
Yes- I have critical questions that need answering
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
No- Patience is a virtue
62%
 62%  [ 22 ]
Doesn't matter- we love house rules!
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

liviathOffline
Post subject: The BBRC  PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 03:55 PM

Is there any hope of the BBRC ever meeting more than once a year if need be? There seems to be at least 20 or so clarifications I've been waiting for since the LRB came out. And they are major aspects of the game.
I suggest they meet once a year for sure, but then also meet if the number of needed rules clarifications reaches a certain point. Just like maintainence on a car. It's a set time or "extra wear", which ever comes first. I think the 4th edition rules only lasted 6 months before they were changed. Imagine if we had to deal with 4th edition for a whole year!
Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Reply with quote Back to top
DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 06:07 PM
Former President

England
I voted no. It's not as if these guys disappear for 11 months of the year is it? The recent discussion on Strong Arm/Dump Off is an example. You had 2 seperate responses on 2 different forums from 2 different BBRC members within a few days.
How on earth can you have 20 clarifications you need? I'm genuinely puzzled. I know there's some handicap table results etc that aren't the clearest, but I don't see any real (what I'd term) major aspects.
The BBRC have been pretty accessible over the forums this last year, both for clarifications and discussions.
Apart from all that, everybody knows where they stand currently with the current timescale. I think the system works fine as is. 4th had so many holes it required a knee jerk response. The current rules are a solid ruleset that most are pretty comfortable with. No comparison at all.
You seen the 'Topics' page that Tom Anders has been good enough to compile from suggestions from the community and the response, right?
http://www.blood-bowl.net/BBRC_HotList.html

liviathOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 10:39 PM

No I haven't seen this. I haven't heard anything about the BBRC since the LRB came out. As always, with any GW game, I seem to be left out of the loop.

Anyway, this list does answer a lot of my questions, thanks.

I hope the NAF will keep us coaches more informed than the regular GW Bloodbowl site. I would like to know if there is any other things like this BBRC list I should know about?

liviathOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2003 - 10:50 PM

and other than the link you just wrote, is there any way of finding this page? I don't see a link to it anywhere.

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 03:47 AM
Former President

England
The page is linked from the blood-blood.net main page:
http://blood-bowl.net/
'Topics for the BBRC to discuss'.
A lot of what you term 'the loop' was centered around TalkBloodbowl.com, which kinda took over the reins from BBC as the most popular place for the online community. There's been a lot of discussion with (and clarifications from) the BBRC guys on there, as well as suggestions of things people felt needed addressing to go on the above list.
I guess without reading TBB then you pretty much would be out of the loop. Unfortunately, there's continuing server reliability problems at the moment, it's up and down like a whore's drawers, but there's a wealth of info on there and a pretty functional search engine.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 07:50 AM

I also voted no. There needs to be a long period of playtesting in between decisions. Experience needs to be tested and debated, Piling On needs to be looked at, and all the experimental teams have to be playtested. I like the slow approach the BBRC is taking to answering questions, because even if I don't always agree with their rulings I know they've heard all the sides and know what they're getting into.

-Oscar Wilde

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 11:58 AM

I voted no, I think once a year is fine and a good time period for rules queries to crop up and be considered as well as to playtest experimental rules and the changes from the previous year.

If we need clarifications there is often a BBRC member willing to help on the forums.

Besides most of these guys work for free don't they (except JJ and AH), they'll need some spare time to do things like work, eat, and play Blood Bowl too.

Boom! He's on his back!

KhankillOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 12:39 PM

United States of America
No. I am just happy that a group like the BBRC is in existence. Most of them, I feel truelly represent the bloodbowl community very well. A year is about right to get feedback on the prior years decisions. I don't want to have to check for LRB updates every week. I like knowing that I have the latest rules when I go out to play in a tourny. We are already hearing of things that will change when the review comes up this fall. The halflings will miss the ogre (I am sure he can find some work with my human squad) but at least they can use him this year.

BevanOffline
Post subject: Annual review  PostPosted: Feb 21, 2003 - 04:40 PM

An annual rule review is fine. We need to be able to run leagues without the rules changing every few weeks.

The increased number of tournaments requires a consistent set of rules.

However, it would be useful to keep a list here of the issues that are going to be considered at the next review.

DragoonkinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 02:22 PM

I said "no" because revisions every other week don't do anything but give into the "problems" people are complaining about the most at the moment.

All changes need testing-time to make sure they're GOOD changes.

liviathOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 04:47 PM

OK, before anyone else replies to this thread, I want to restate something.

I am not referring to brand new rules here. I don't want them to be rushed into deciding rules for secret weapons, new teams, new skills, or what have you.

What I would like to have hurried up is clarifications on the current rules. Things like what skills work with pass block, what skills work with passes like throw teammate or dump off, what happens with secondary and tertiary push backs, and the like. Also, about 90% of the LRB is worded very poorly and needs some official editing. I want the current rules fixed sooner when the questions about them really get piled up.

I have been finally introduced to the big FAQ the BBRC has put together and a lot of my questions were answered. However, I did notice that there is no link or mention of it on the NAF page. If the NAF plans to keep us BB coaches informed, they need to make that kind of vital info accessable from this site.

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2003 - 04:54 PM

I don't think updates would find their way into the LRB any sooner as this would involve extra work from an already busy fanatic team and this is the same reason I don't expect to see any serious editing or layout changes for a long time either no matter how badly needed they may be (just playing devils advocate here, no judgement intended).

I do also think that there will always be a few queries because it would be impossible to legislate for all situations that might arise without having a rulebook as long as Lord Of The Rings Wink

Boom! He's on his back!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic