NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 03:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Make blocks, not dodges. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 09:33 AM

Dave wrote:
Even a rookie team can destroy most opponents (xcept dwarfs perhaps ..)

As a rookie team against rookie teams is where Norse excel. Having Block on ALL your players gives them an edge no other team has (Dwarves come awful close). This give them a leg up on all the other teams in the attack department. They become less good once the others get block on most of their players, though, by then, they Norse should still be a skill ahead of everyone else. If the skills are picked well, an experienced Norse team should be able to morph from a brutalizing team to a team that actually plays to win. Block, Dodge on doubles, a good percentage of Guard, and Sure Hands will be hard to defend against.

Reply with quote Back to top
DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 - 04:00 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
      snotsngrots wrote:
Liquored up Norseman isn't thinking about hurting anything more than her sense of self-respect.

not thinking about hurting??

These are virgins you know!!!

Very Happy

AristodeimosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 - 12:49 PM

I recently started a rookie Norse team and love them. I purposely play teams with 50+ more Team Rating than myself. The all-around Block allows me to compete...and even win 50% of the time. Also, I recently noticed Norse can have Minotaurs. Mine now has Block and Tentacles and it sure is fun to play!

KamikazeRudyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2003 - 11:06 AM

I enjoy playing the Norse as well. Last team I started with no Catchers because I didn't want them sucking up SPP's. It was slow going at first, but now with all four Piling On Berserkers, and my Block, Piling On Minotaur....winning is fun again.

Always remember one thing with the Norse: Kill or Be Killed!!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic