NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 06:59 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Nice: Perfect Blood Bowl weather. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
molly1Offline
Post subject: Dark Elf team for 24 game league  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2004 - 05:44 PM

I am looking for advice on a starting roster. This is how it looks so far:

8 linemen
1 Blitzer
1 WE
1 Thrower
1 Apoth
9 FF

I know i'm taking a risk with no re-rolls. As i've only played a few games I don't know how big a risk. I don't want to get rid of the apoth as everyone has said you need one straight away for Elves, and i don't want reduce my FF as i will need the money not to mention the advantage on the kick off table. So what i need is some advice from experienced DE players. Perhaps you could tell me what was a succesful starting roster for you? thanks in advance

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 - 05:00 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd not bother with the thrower at all, and certainly not from the start. 20k is a lot to pay for a skill reroll you wont use that often.

My personal preference is one or two blitzers with linemen to make 11, 2 rerolls and as much FF as you can afford. An apoth is often a luxury at the start - and I'd much rather have the RR that will cost 50k more after the 1st game.

24 games is plenty of time for you to go and purchase the remaining blitzers and witches.

ArdendronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 - 08:45 AM

I agree with Doubleskulls.

I would drop the thrower and the witches!

My starting roster would be:
2 Blitzer 200k
9 Lineelves 630k
2 Rerolls 100k
and Fan faktor of 7.
7 is high enough to get money for the team. The firsst thing you got to buy is an apo after that you can build up your team with more players. If you have the chance to choose your opponet try to avoid any bashing team. Your AV is quite OK but against Orks or other bashers it might be a problem. So I hope you find your way in to the new league and that my starting rosters helps you to find yours.

P.S. Another advantage of this starting roster is that you have the chance to spread the SPP´s to develop your lineelves as well.

Ardendron

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: Yes  PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 - 11:30 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
The Appoth bought in game 2 or 3 is much cheaper than a RR bought in game 2 or 3. In the long run you'd be saving cash! (And lets face it saving cash is very important for costly Elves!)

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject: ..  PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 - 11:35 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
24 game league. Is this a fixed scheadual League? If so do you already know your Season Scheadual? If you already know let us know, it may help in deciding what advice to give you.

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

molly1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2004 - 10:51 PM

Clan-Skaven wrote:
24 game league. Is this a fixed scheadual League? If so do you already know your Season Scheadual? If you already know let us know, it may help in deciding what advice to give you.
Thanks for all the advice guys it's very helpful. You have convinced me to drop the WE and thrower and to take re-rolls over the apoth. I just hope I don't suffer to many injurys in the first game. Clan-Skaven I don't have a schedule as I am the comish of the league and i am planning to have a random draw on the first meet( three weeks from now) so i can"t tell you who i'm facing.
the teams involved are 2dwarf,undead,lizard,nurgle,skaven, orc, DE(me), halfling, human, wood elf, and one undecided at this stage. So as you can see not all bashy which is good. After the first meet i will leave it up to the other players to organise their matches, but they must play every other player twice.
anyway thanks again guys.

ArdendronOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 03, 2004 - 03:56 AM

To save your players try to get your opponent only one block his blitz! Then the chance of getting so many cas against is not that big. I wish you good luck!

Ardendron

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic