NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 01:17 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Spike Magazine Approved! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bigalliumOffline
Post subject: 2 new skills + descriptions. thoughts plz  PostPosted: Mar 15, 2004 - 06:00 AM

Re-cycle. Agility skill

when the player carrying the ball is knocked down or falls over for any reason, instead of rolling a D8 for scatter, the coach of that player is allowed to nominate any adjacent square to the square the player LANDS in and then rolls a D6. On a 1-2 to ball goes one square anti clockwise to the target square, 3-4 goes to target square, 5-6 one square clockwise.
(i.e works like movement of goblin fanatic.)

If the ball goes to an occupied square the player must attempt to catch the ball as normal.
If this player is a team mate and is successful no turnover occurs and that player may complete an action if they have not already done so.

Only if the first recycle is successful is a turnover avoided (in the cases where one would normally be awarded)

i.e. if the player successfully gets the ball to a square occupied by a team mate and this player fails to catch it, a turnover is suffered even if a subsequent player then catches the bouncing ball.

N.B as with normal rules, a failed catch of a bouncing ball is not a turnover, it is only if an action that normally results in a turnover is then follwed by an unsuccessful recycle that the turnover is then awarded.

N.B. This does not work with strip ball

Aftershock. Strength skill

This player just does not know when to stop.

When a play finishes (end of half/full time/TD) the player is allowed to move one square, no dice roll required, and deliver one final crunch to an opposition player.
Before the block is made the coach rolls a D6.
If he rolls over the targets agility(or a six) then he is allowed to use his ST+1 (he just didn't see it coming).
No assists are allowed by either team and no Go For Its.

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2004 - 08:10 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I don't like the avoiding turnover side of re-cycle. Falling down ought to always be a turnover. Keeping possession in that sort of instance is bonus enought. TBH this is a skill for ball carriers that they can take instead of Dump Off.

I had a similar idea for a skill - ruck. When entering the square with the ball the player can choose not to pick it up. Roll to scatter normally. No turnover occurs due to scattering the ball in this fashion.

Aftershock seems a little pointless.

bigalliumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2004 - 10:45 AM

from post on gw hosted forum getting similar response about turnover prevention. so i'd think i'd scrap that.

the point of aftershock is to hit people you don't normally get a shot at (one turn scorers, throwers) and also when people score there is usually players next to sidelines so its off in to the crowd you go with a rousing cheer from the home fans, although I doudt many people would chose it over mighty blow etc.
maybe if it was a general skill.

crazyzigOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 17, 2004 - 04:14 AM

Wouldn't that person simply just have their valuable players just one step further away?
It sounds like this skill would only benefit against people who don't know you have it.

Secondly the point of causing such an injury would be either to gain spp or take out pivotal playmakers, blitzing a gutterrunner into the crowd will get you no spp's.

If you are still intent on a skill for removing playmakers post-drive what about a special free foul action with upped chances of being sent off (maybe on either doubles or on a seven on armour or injury, such an unwarranted assault outside play would surely get the ref's "goat"). This would be a sort of dirty-player-esque vengeance action, that way at least there is more at stake for the coach, are they willing to take a chance.

Doubleskulls?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic