NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 04:30 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Arm! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2003 - 04:09 AM
Da Warboss

England
heh I can't believe the stick I have got from so many people about this whole "IP for more than just turn counter" idea. I know many of you think it's a huge crime to use it as I suggest, even so far as going for personal attacks (no names mentioned Wink - hey I know people are as passionate about this game as me!)

All I wanted to say was this - we don't let extra players on the pitch/illegal setups etc. because when you realise that the extra man has been vital for the touchdowns scored it can really piss people off. By making it an IP for accidental occaisons, everyone checks before the game starts and as a result we have far fewer arguments and our games are a whole load more fun for it. Not to mention our players now rarely, if ever, forget boneheads.WA etc.!!

I wouldn't use this in an official setting as it simply isn't the letter of the rules, but AndyH agreed it was a decent enough idea to enforce aspects of the game that were causing problems.

(BTW in terms of the difference between boneheads and dodging, in my experience people tend to forget the Bonehead roll, whereas because dodging is such an integral part of the game that it is never forgotten - I am not claiming using IP to cure all ills is a viable system, just offering an opinion on how well it has worked for us!)

NAF #60

Reply with quote Back to top
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 - 11:26 PM

United States of America
We just started playing again after 3 years, in our leage almost everyone is done with there 3rd game. we use IP's strongly
here is what happened
1st game ip's were thrown like mad for everything game took about 3 hours
2nd game far fewer mistakes most everyone moves there turn marker, wild animal ect everyttime darn near game length 2Surprisedo - 2:15 hours
3rd game 1 or 2 ip's game length 1.5 hours

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic