NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 01:47 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are the world champions! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ZarhanOffline
Post subject: Bonehead  PostPosted: Feb 12, 2003 - 03:47 PM

Our league has a question on Bonehead and Assists. Actually we had been using Bonehead wrong the first couple of seasons, but that is fixed now. Anyways, Bonehead states that a player can't do anything if he fails. So my question is how can he assist when he is bonehead. He is supposed to not be able to do anything. Probably should fix this in Bonehead to say can't do anything but assist. Our commish got the answer on one of these boards, but I think I am bringing a valuable point to the table.

Confused little hobbo,

Thorun09

Reply with quote Back to top
lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2003 - 05:44 PM

United States of America

You've raised an interesting point. He obviously loses his tackle zone, and I've sort of assumed that this includes the ability to lend an assist. I'm not sure what my email league does with this, I tend to not pay attention to my dumb Ogre when he's boneheaded. But I guess he is counted as an assist, the rule on bonehead does not indicate that he is to lose the +1 modifier.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2003 - 06:02 PM

Toronto, ON
In my league we allow a Boneheaded Ogre to lend assists, but not prevent assists from opposing players.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2003 - 07:15 PM

United States of America
In our league, the Bone Head can do nothing. Interested to hear an official ruling though.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

liviathOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 12:44 AM

Bonehead says he just looses his tackle zone. Having (or not having) a tackle zone is irrelevent when assisting a block (LRB p.21). It does have one effect though. Since he doesn't have a tackle zone he doesn't prevent any opposing players from assisting. So to paint a picture, he can still distract one opposing player but the rest get in their assists.

As for the "can't do anything" part, I've always took it that "anything" means an action. However, reading the wording I would almost say that he couldn't lend assists. We've always played that he could and I think they ruled he could.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 03:39 AM
Da Warboss

England
I think that, since Bonehead results in a lost tackle zone, and tackle zones are needed to lend offensive or defensive assists then a boneheaded player is "out of it" until he passes a bonehead roll. also fits in nicely with the idea that while the ogre is scratching his arse and picking his nose he wont be lending assists

NAF #60

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 06:59 AM

I never really thought about it... But I'd go for Indigo's option. Even though it'll probably mean I'll NEVER win a match again Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 13, 2003 - 07:19 AM

Well, I can reference you to an official BRCC answer for now: (taken from http://www.blood-bowl.net/BBRC_HotList.html )

"Players with lost tackle zones cannot lend offensive assists (polling of the BB community indicated that a large majority of leagues already played it this way, greatly simplifies lost TZ blocking problems)
BBRC response: Rule changes were kept to a minimum this year. This change will be strongly considered next review."

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic