NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 06:24 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fan Factor of 1. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CoachLazyEyeOffline
Post subject: Ottawa League starting Oct. 15  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2003 - 08:27 PM

Hoping there are some members here in Ottawa. I'll be starting a league on Oct. 15 at the St.Laurent Games Workshop. It'll be an open format where people can play Wednesdays at the store or arrange to play whenever they want.

It'll run for 6 weeks and then we'll have a tourney.

The next couple of Wednesdays we'll be having exibition games to let people try out the game or get some practice. (Which I'll need because I'm new to the 2002 release).

For info you can send me an email or drop by the store.

Reply with quote Back to top
garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2004 - 07:18 PM

What rules will you use? Any special rules? All teams? Where can I get more info.? I live near but out of town from Ottawa but I shop at the store when I do go in, and it would be a nice excuse to go into Ottawa on Wednesdays...

"Ohhhh, what I'm gonna do to you...." Ren Hoek

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 - 08:21 PM

CoachLazyEye, you don't provide your e-mail. As well, the pamphlets handed out at Games Workshop (St. Laurent) say that the league was supposed to start on October 6. Even the store staff thought it was going to start then... A bit of a drag since I drove 110km to get to the store to play...! Is it going to start next week?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 06, 2004 - 08:28 PM

Anyone from your league going to the Underworld Cup? I'm still looking for a ride... I could try and make it to Ottawa and meet you there.

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 15, 2004 - 07:37 PM

Zombie, I was thinking the same thing. I would like to go but I am not happy about the 9+ hour drive... Besides, it is the Grey Cup weekend... Oh, yeah, the Als aren't in it...!! Wink

Let me know if you are still planning to attend...

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2004 - 05:09 PM

I would still attend if

1- I can get a lift
2- I can find a place to stay for really cheap
3- I can come back in Montreal at a decent time on Sunday since i usually start work at 7 am!

4- It would help if i could find some way to get to and from Ottawa! ;-p

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2004 - 06:00 PM

Zombie wrote:
I would still attend if

1- I can get a lift
2- I can find a place to stay for really cheap
3- I can come back in Montreal at a decent time on Sunday since i usually start work at 7 am!
4- It would help if i could find some way to get to and from Ottawa! ;-p

1 & 4: If I go, I could come get you.
2: THAT is a problem... Any contacts at the tournament?
3: Hmmm, it is SERIOUSLY a 9-10 hour drive -- to OTTAWA; to Montreal (and back home for me) would be closer to 12 hours -- that's a long time driving! If we left right after the last game, we would get home in the morning on Monday, and you would get nearly no sleep!

Check out http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&1a=&1c=montreal&1s=QC&1z=&1y=US&do=nw&1ex=1&2ex=1&src=maps&ct=NA&2a=&2c=Ann%20Arbor&2s=MI&2z=&2y=US&2pn=&2l=E8Z8BVLZsQE%3d&2g=%2fNquJUDcx2Y%3d&2v=CITY&2pl=

Do you know anyone else who would want to go? It might get expensive for 2 people...

I will think more about what I am doing this weekend...

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2004 - 06:38 PM

I might know another guy Smile who also doesn't have a car Sad

I don't expect you to come pick me up in Montreal, that's really too much to ask. The empty line before the 4th point was not a typo; it was meant as something that's out of your hands.

As for point 3, i might be able to work something out. It looks like i'll be working night shifts Tuesday to Friday. If i can use that as an argument to get out of working Monday morning, than i'm free to party as late as i want! But my boss is a dictator, so i'm not getting my hopes up. Still, i'll enquire.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 16, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Update : just talked to the guy and he's already got plans for the weekend. Sad

I still don't know anyone from Montreal who's going.

angryrobOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2004 - 07:55 AM

Hey Ottawa Coaches
I did not know about this league until The Death Bowl II(Oct 18&19),it was actually garth that told me about it.
I am still very interested in trying my game against some different coaches.
If any are interested let me know.

garthOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 17, 2004 - 06:25 PM

Hey Zombie,

After considering the travel time, I don't think it will be possible to go to the tournament this weekend. I would really like to go, I even got the OK from my wife ( Wink ), but there are too many hurdles -- sorry!

On a more positive note, I was thinking of a way to have some more games in the near future. I came up with the idea of having a mini-tournament (no fee, no prizes, just BB). I could even host it at my house, part-way between Ottawa and Montreal. It could be a weekend or even just a day. Space would be tight, but I could reasonably do up to four boards. Accommodations would be a minor problem -- I have a guest bedroom and a couple of couches, and some space for a double air mattress or something. I could also, in a pinch, have some stay at my friends or family in the area. Besides, I am only 40 minutes to Ottawa! I bet between Ottawa and Montreal, we could get up to 8 people. Two pools of 4: 3 round robin games, and then playoffs. I think it would be fun! And, hey!, we can drink at this tournament Wink Just an idea to consider.

Angryrob, are you Glenn's buddy? Sorry, bad memory. You would be more than welcome to come and play if I can convince enough people about the 'mini-tournament' that I am suggesting. In fact, I was thinking about you guys when I thought up this mini-tournament idea. There are lots of people who want to play!

Anywho, think about it guys. Tell some friends. I would like to play sooner than later (hence my disappontment about this weekend) so I would like to set something up soon.

Garth

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic