NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 12:59 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's like chess only... different. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
destroOffline
Post subject: boneheaded question  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 - 01:36 AM

if someone goes to move an ogre with bonehead or throws a block with them but does not first roll to see if he activates, does that result in a turnover or illegal procedure? the rulebook doesn't cover any penalty for not rolling the ogres bonehead that I could find. I had a player that kept forgetting his bonehead rolls and I was wondering what other people do to enforce the rule. what should be done?

thanks for your help

Reply with quote Back to top
ShortarseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 - 12:15 PM

The competative element in my group have always treated it as an illegal proceedure in the same way as moving before a wild animal, but how you enforce it depends on how competetive you are. I generally just remind the person (keeps it friendly). Neutral

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 - 01:38 PM

Wild Animal specifically says that if you forget it, you have made Illegal Procedure. Bonehead and Really Stupid don't, and it doesn't say anywhere in the rulebook that forgetting to make a roll is an IP. If your opponent moved his player without making a dodge, would you call him for IP or remind him to roll the dice?

Don't forget that being called for an IP incorrectly gives the opponent a free reroll.

-Oscar Wilde

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 - 08:39 PM

I understand that it doesn't cause an IP in the book, but it doesn't have any rule in the book to enforce it either. now I don't want to make it an IP as I don't like that as a blanket penalty for everything, but I feel there should be some penalty.
perhaps if someone makes a block and doesn't roll their bonehead then they are considered to have failed the bonehead roll and the big guy does nothing that turn. that would help enforce the rolling rule but would not cost the team a turnover.
I bring this up because I am running a 25 man league currently and want to make sure that everyone is on the same page. I dont want to down the road encounter players in the league complaining about another person who they feel intentionaly is forgetting his bonehead/really stupid roll. it would cause some bad blood in the league and I dont want that to be an issue.

KarlLindemannOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 23, 2003 - 08:59 PM

Peotone, Illinois
The procedure itself was illegal but not an illegal procedure, you should have to re-roll the bonehead and the block dice if any of you notice but if neither of you notice till later that turn i guess thats both players fault for not noticeing and you should just move on i think both players should pay more attention to what goes on

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 24, 2003 - 04:06 AM
Da Warboss

England
heh don't get me started on this... Smile

NAF #60

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic