NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 10:10 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Collar Bone! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Desert (Khemri) Pitch  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 06:44 AM

Canada
Okay, here they are - the rules for the desert pitch that will be used in The Challenge of Q'ermitt tournament - but of course feel free to use and try out these rules for yourselves!

All advice and comments are welcome....

Desert Pitch:

Weather:
The following table will be used when playing on the desert pitch:

2-3 - Strong Winds ??? Immediately roll randomly on the Scatter template to determine wind direction. The result is the direction of the Strong Wind. All Kick Offs and Inaccurate Passes will travel an additional d6 squares in this direction when determining scatter.

4-6 - Very Sunny ??? The bright sun is getting in the eyes of the players making it difficult to pass the ball. Any attempts to pass the ball will have an additional -1 modifier.

7-9 ??? Nice, a bit hot, but otherwise tolerable weather for Blood Bowl

10-11 ??? Sweltering Heat ??? roll a d6 for each player that just took part in the last drive. On a roll of a ???1??? they are too exhausted to take part in the next drive and must stay in the reserves box.

12 ??? Arid Heat ??? The heat is becoming overbearing and is really starting to take it???s toll on the players. After each drive roll a d6 for each player that just took part. On a roll of a ???1??? they collapse and are placed in the Knocked Out box.

Kickoff Table:
To represent the occurrences unique to the Khemri Deserts, the following table should replace the regular kick off table for all games played on the desert pitch:

2 ??? Sandstorm! ??? An alarm is sounded warning of a deadly sand storm that threatens to peel flesh from bone and reduce bone to dust. As the players run for the cover of the dugout, they realize that the warning may have come too late. Each coach rolls 2d6 and will compare the number rolled with the MA of each of the players on the field. If the number rolled is equal to or less than the player???s MA then they escape without incident. If the roll is greater than their MA, then they have been caught in the storm and must roll an armour and injury roll. Once resolved the players should set up and roll for kick off again.

3 ??? Mirage! The heat tends to play tricks on the already limited brains of the players, and they start to see things that aren???t really there. The extreme heat is affecting the players on the receiving team causing them to hallucinate. During their first turn after the drive, the kicking coach may either force the receiving team to reroll an otherwise successul dice roll, or disallow them to use a Team Reroll for a failed roll.

4 ??? Grave Robber! One of the players has stolen an from one of the local tombs despite all the warnings of ancient curses. Each coach rolls 2d6 and adds their Fan Factor. Whoever scores lower must randomly select one of their players. That player is the subject of the curse and will not be allowed to use any Team Rerolls for the remainder of the drive.

5 ??? Perfect Defense ??? as per normal kick off rules

6 ??? Bad Kick ??? as per normal kick off rules

7 ??? Weather - as per normal kick off rules

8 ??? Quick Snap - as per normal kick off rules

9 ??? Brilliant Coaching - as per normal kick off rules

10 ??? Blitz! - as per normal kick off rules

11 ??? Scorpion Swarm ??? Thousands of scorpions dig themselves out form the sands and swarm the players on the pitch. Roll 1d3. That many players from each side are attacked by the scorpions. Roll against their armour, if beaten then roll for injury.

12 ??? Desert Storm ??? There is not much rain in the desert but in those rare instances when it does, it rains buckets but only for a very short time. At this time a storm has hit drenching the players with it???s soothing relief. For the next drive players will not have to roll for heat exhaustion if the ???Sweltering Heat??? or ???Arid Heat??? weather effects are in play. Furthermore, if there are any players who were knocked out by the Arid Heat, and have not recovered, they may be placed in the Reserves box. However, the rain is making it difficult to see and handle the ball, so any attempts to handle the ball (including picking it up, handing it off and catching) are at ???1. The reduced visibility means that only short and quick passes may be attempted.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 08:02 AM

England
I'm not sure the sandstorm should be movement based. I know it makes a kind of sense but it does seem strange that a Khemri team would get killed en mass whilst WElfs or Skaven escape without a scratch, when it's the Khemri team's home country. It really should be equally capable of decimating either team.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 08:22 AM

Canada
Well you have to consider that generally the faster moving teams have the better armour. So if you do get caught out in the storm you are going to get ripped, but it's not likely. Conversely, the slower teams tend to have the better armour, and so even thought they are more likely to be caught in the storm, they are less likely to be hurt as a result.

I guess the main exception would be halflings and (ironically) Khemri. With Khemri it would be the skellies that would suffer the most. As you say - odd that on their home turf they would have to bite.....

I suppose I could remove the line "reduces dust to bone" which would leave "strips flesh from the bones". Therefore any skeleton players would be unaffected due to their lack of flesh to be stripped, and give the Khemri a home-field advantage.

I guess for the tourney you have to consider that not all teams will have a chance to play on thisd board, and even then the chances of rolling the result are slim - even less for a team's decimation. True, the potential is there, but it is still highly unlikely. But having said that I think I will consider the more Khemri-friendly version.

Spazz

ShadeweOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 11:40 AM

United States
      Spazzfist wrote:
I suppose I could remove the line "reduces dust to bone" which would leave "strips flesh from the bones". Therefore any skeleton players would be unaffected due to their lack of flesh to be stripped, and give the Khemri a home-field advantage.
Spazz

Giving the khemri or undead teams with skeletons an advantage is better idea since it is their turf. Also a wording changed would make sense in the sandstorm. Instead of this " have been caught in the storm and must roll an armour and injury roll" state that an Armor check is required and consult to injury tables if required.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:12 PM

Canada
      Shadewe wrote:
...state that an Armor check is required and consult to injury tables if required.

Thanks Shadewe, that was my intention! Bad wording.

Spazz

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:15 PM

Undisclosed
In the unlikely event that snake eyes are rolled on two, or more, consecutive KOs, can sandstorms happen two-3 times in a row on the "same" KO? Or is it assumed that during one KO "session" only one sandstrom can happen?

That is to say....is it possible to start the game with multiple sandstorms?

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:19 PM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
That is to say....is it possible to start the game with multiple sandstorms?

Sure, why not! Maybe it was the eye of a very large storm, they head out to play again only to get whumped a second time.

But as you say, highly unlikely.

Spazz

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:26 PM

Undisclosed
Spazz-
You may want to update these rules too, to reflect the Stron Winds clarification from the Norse Stadium thread.

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 05:23 PM

Canada
In a perfect world....

But the rulebooks are all printed - ready to be shippe dout once people start paying me for the tickets (hint hint! Wink)

So I guess I will put them on the reference cards, and I will change them here, but Iwill have to talk about that at the tourney to clarify. Hopefully there is nothing else!

Spazz

ShadeweOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 - 12:27 PM

United States
I have been making my own docs from what you have been printing here. These are great rules.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 - 12:37 PM

Canada
      Shadewe wrote:
I have been making my own docs from what you have been printing here. These are great rules.

Thanks for the kudos! Very Happy But it has been a team effort, along with some great advice from the members here.

Glad to see that they are going to get used and appeciated!

Spazz

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic