NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 01:10 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Casualty! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Norse Stadium Rules  PostPosted: Jan 28, 2005 - 04:48 PM

Canada
These are the rules for the Norse Pitch that are planning to be used in the Challenge of Q'ermitt tournament in Toronto, Canada. The idea is that there will be nine specially built pitches in the tournament, each of which will have some special rules. My intention is to keep it a "regular" game of Blood Bowl, but give each board it's own flavour which represents the geographic region and the race which lives there.

Here they are.....

Norse Pitch:

The Norse are a race who survive in the bitter cold of the northern climate. The harshness and brutality of their environment is mirrored in the harshness and brutality of their personalities.

Proud and fierce warriors, the Norse were born to do two things, to drink and to play Blood Bowl. In fact when they are not drinking and playing Blood Bowl they are drinking and watching Blood Bowl, when they are not drinking and watching Blood Bowl, they are drinking and singing songs about Blood Bowl. You get the idea???

The Fans:

As the Norse are such natural brawlers, the last place any player wants to be is amidst a frothing mob of them! Many a player who has been pushed into a Norse crowd has been pummelled to the point where they were no longer recognizable even by their own team mates!

Any player who is pushed into the Norse crowd will receive a +1 to their injury roll.

Weather Table:

2-4 ??? Ice storm! It is extremely cold and raining ice! The ice on the field means that any player attempting to Go For It is at a -2 on their dice roll, while the ice and snow means that only Quick Passes may be attempted.

5-6 - Blizzard ??? It is cold and snowing! The ice on the field means that any player attempting to Go For It is at -1 on their dice roll, while the snow means that only Quick Passes or Short Passes may be attempted.

7-9 - Nice. As nice as a frozen wasteland gets - but no game effect anyways.

10-12 - Strong Winds ??? Immediately roll randomly on the Scatter template to determine wind direction. The result is the direction of the Strong Wind. All Kick Offs and Inaccurate Passes will travel an additional d6 squares in this direction when determining scatter.

Kick off Table:

2 ??? Wrath of Koli ??? The Norse Trickster god Koli, has chosen this game for his next prank. Both coaches should roll 1d6, the lowest scoring coach (or both on a tie) should roll 1d6 for all of their players on the pitch. On the score of a 1, they have had their shoe laced tied together and fall flat on their face- place them face up with no injury rolls necessary. After this has been resolved, scatter and bounce the ball as normal.

3 ??? Lovesick Yeti ??? A lovesick Yeti has wandered in from the mountains and scooped up an unfortunate player. Both coaches should roll 1d6. The lowest scoring coach should randomize from all of his players (including those in the Reserves box), the selected player has become a ???Yeti Bride??? and is taken away ??? place the in the KO???d box. After each drive, roll as normal for them ??? when you roll a 4+ it shows that they have finally managed to escape and return to the game ??? but oddly enough they do not want to talk about what happened.

4 - Brilliant Coaching ??? as per normal kick off rules.

5 ??? Trial of Manhood ??? a young Norse warrior has decided to prove his manhood by taking on the players on the pitch. The player will come on the pitch in the middle of one of the end zones (randomly determined), and move towards and attack the nearest upright player (randomize if more than one same distance apart). He will remain on the pitch until the drive is over or he is physically removed (i.e. KO???d or casualty). He will move immediately upon entering the pitch and then at the end of the phase of the coach whose side he has entered (e.g. at the end of the kicking coach's turn if he entered from that kicking coach's end zone).

He has the following stats:

MA:6 S:3 A:3 AV:7 Skills: Frenzy

6 ??? Bad Kick ??? as per normal kick off rules.

7 ??? Weather - as per normal kick off rules.

8 ??? Loose Keg ??? Two brawling Norsemen have knocked a keg loose which has come crashing down to settle on the pitch. Both coaches should roll 1d6, the coach with the higher score may place the keg in either one of the side zones. Any player who starts his movement in the ???Tackle Zone??? of the keg must first roll for bonehead before making any moves (this is not cumulative with other Bonehead or Stupid players). If they fail, they may not move away from the keg, as they help themselves to it???s contents. Any player who is in the Tackle Zone of the keg also loses their own as they are too busy drinking (or reminiscing how they used to in the case of undead).

9 ??? Rabid fans ??? The fans are getting worked up and the coaches realize this is their chance to get them on their side. Each coach rolls 2d6 and adds their Fan Factor and number of Cheerleaders. The winning side gets a bonus re-roll for this half.

10 ??? Wrath of Roth! Roth, the Norse god of Thunder, has been offended in some way by one of the players. Both coaches roll 1d6 the lowest scoring coach (re-rolling ties) should randomly determine which one of their players will be struck by a bolt of lightning. The lightning will cause an injury to the player at +1 to the roll.

11 ??? Pitch Invasion! - as per normal kick off rules.

12 ??? Avalanche! The deafening roar of the fans has caused a huge rush of snow to come careening toward the pitch. Each coach should roll 1d3 to find out how many of the opponent???s players have been caught in the avalanche. Roll for injury as normal. Furthermore, all the snow on the pitch means that the ball will not Bounce when it hits the ground after missed passes, etc.

My one thought for this one is that I wonder if the kick off table is too much - should I try to have a more "normal" kick off table with the results just having more Norse exaplanations (like the thunder bolt instead of the thrown rock).

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Last edited by Spazzfist on Jan 31, 2005 - 05:47 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
OpusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 29, 2005 - 04:05 PM

United States of America
Spaz - as I play Norse more often than any other team, I can only say this about your stadium rules .....

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2005 - 05:24 AM

England
It looks good to me.

I just have one comment. You need to define when the fan from the trial of manhood moves if he is going to stay until the end of the drive.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 31, 2005 - 05:48 AM

Canada
Thanks Mordredd,

Once again sound advice! The matterhas been resolved now - thanks for pointing that one out!

Spazz

ShadeweOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 11:47 AM

United States
I should send you my rules on the Ice Stadium I have main. Much the same on the weather and kickoff table. I like what you have here it is great.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:08 PM

Undisclosed
Spazz-
I have a couple quick questions regarding the "Strog Wind" weather item, and how it affects an inaccurate pass.

1. If a modified one is rolled on the pass attempt, and it happens to scatter in the direction of the wind...is it still d6 squares? (Yes...I know it wouldn't make sense for a fumble to be effected by the wind...BUT does it make sense that the interception attempt comes before a fumble?)

2. An innaccurate pass scatters three times...if the first scatter happens in the direction of the wind does it move d6 in that direction and then scatter twice more? Further, if it happens to scatter again with the wind...it still moves d6 more? etc...

Thanks. -Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:17 PM

Canada
KL,

The funble would be treated as normal, just dropped from the starying square - don't start the whole intercept debate here! Wink

For the inaccurate pass it would roll for scatter three times and then it would move the d6 squares.

To anticipate the questions, I would have to rule that any attempts to catch an inaccurate pass in this instance would have to be after the ball has completed it's scatter cycle (not in between the three scatters and the d6 for wind).

Spazz

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 03:24 PM

Undisclosed
So, then the rule is that if the 3rd scatter is in the direction of the wind...it moves d6 in that direction. Correct?

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 05:29 PM

Canada
Not really, you would scatter three times, to see where the ball would have ended up had there been no wind (where the pass was actually going)- then you see where the wind carries it.

Spazz

Are you just trying to be difficult? Wink

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 07:35 PM

Undisclosed
Seriously...I am missing the point. When do you determine if the scattered throw is in the correct direction to have the mighty wind take it far far away? Is it the orientation of the attempted throw or the scatter that matters? And if it's the scatter is it the first direction, or the eventual direction? (After the third scatter roll.)

-Rob

EDIT: Ok...I read it again. The direction is determined once and for all when the weather is determined. So the inaccurate pass scatters three time and then, regardless of the way the throw scatters...it moves d6 in the pre-determined direction. GOT IT! The way i read it the first time...the d6 was only rolled if the scatter happened to be in the direction of the strong winds...as if the ball could only get caught-up in the gale if it was thrown/scattered/kicked in the right direction.

Follow-up question...if there is a player in the square after the three scatter rolls, do they get a chance to grab it before the additional d6 roll?
-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 02, 2005 - 08:38 PM

Canada
Dude....

Spazzfist wrote:
To anticipate the questions, I would have to rule that any attempts to catch an inaccurate pass in this instance would have to be after the ball has completed it's scatter cycle (not in between the three scatters and the d6 for wind).

Spazz

Laughing

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 - 06:49 AM

Undisclosed
This might create some interesting tactics/funny situations. Now instead of having other models directly around the intended receiver...I might have them down-wind to possibly be alternate receivers for the mis-thrown ball.

I like it! Better yet...target an empty square to possibly use the wind to throw a longer pass than is normally allowed. This could be a boon to Wood Elves who are more sensitive to the ways of nature. Actually, is there such a thing as Pine Forest Elves? Smile

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 - 07:11 AM

Canada
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Actually, is there such a thing as Pine Forest Elves? Smile

Sure there is, the chaos warriors like to capture tham and hang them from their chariots to give a fresh smell! Wink

Spazz

ShadeweOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2005 - 01:09 PM

United States
      Spazzfist wrote:
      KarlLagerbottom wrote:
Actually, is there such a thing as Pine Forest Elves? Smile

Sure there is, the chaos warriors like to capture tham and hang them from their chariots to give a fresh smell!

Not sure a pine fresh smell? You sure chaos would prefer that or the fresh smell of blood cover pine? Gives it a nice red look Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic