NAF Logo
leftstar May 17, 2024 - 06:14 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Hand! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 27, 2005 - 02:03 PM

Well, I am a fan of Re-rolls, and I also thought that a minimum of 2 Re-rolls was essential for a Nurgle side, so I started with:

1 Beast
1 Rotter
9 Beastmen
2 Re-rolls
9 Fan Factor

However, what happened was that I lost Beastmen at at least as fast a rate as I could replace them, and so lost most of my matches due to numerical disadvantage. I don't feel I was particularly unlucky on casualties - the death and casualty rates were around the average of what I have come to expect. I felt I would have been even more doomed in a longer league, as the niggling injury rate was slowly rising.

I suggest that for this side you need to find a balance between Re-rolls and toughness. The side I took in a short league didn't seem tough enough. Deploying Beastmen on the LOS is asking for CAS, especially from fouls.

I love this side, but the lack of Apothecary is a defining feature, and you have to account for it in a league. I think this means starting with at least 12 players and at least 3 tough guys. Unfortunately, with the price of Rotters being what it is, this means 1 Re-roll.

And bear in mind, I would never normally recommend starting with just 1 Re-roll.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 22, 2005 - 03:16 PM

United States of America
Well, I lost my second game, but it was absolutely due to some poor decisions on my part and one bad die roll (skull, skull, both down). However, the die roll wouldn't have mattered if I had made the right coaching moves first...head just wasn't in the game...

Rolled +STR on a rotter though Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic